Asphalt 7 - Heat (gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Der-Kleine, May 4, 2012.

1. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Well, I have to agree with most, sadly it does look like Asphalt 6 reloaded:D

However, I thought Asphalt 6 was a very good game for iOS and as it stands, the Asphalt series will always have one up over arcade racers like Need for Speed on iOS and the upcoming 'Most Wanted', and that is, it offers touch controls and online multiplayer.:)

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Good news. Instabuy.
    Best iOS game! Period.

It seems to be the same with A5/A6: They took they same (or similar) locations and spiced the tracks up properly so they are rather different. Nothing bad about that.

The pricing/IAP of Asphalt 6 was full okay as well. Furious Five wasn't.

And there weren't cop chases in A6. They had 'em in A5 but people complained that they were too hard (not for me). Now you have the duels in A6, difficult enough to win them in the higher leagues (get some tips for the duels here).

Just for the records a little text I wrote about Asphalt 6: Adrenaline:

When you like exciting and challenging action, highest speed feeling, the best super cars, most gorgeous tracks, crisp and smooth graphics (iPad 3rd gen. retina support), slow motion studies of crashes, adrenaline mode, ravishing motor sounds, top level professional voice acting, perfect balanced and rock solid gameplay, top-notch background music and an awesome (exclusive iOS!) local multiplayer option (w or w/o bluetooth) where you can engage the very ultimate bit of pure iOS power—there is no other choice than the excellent 3D arcade racer…

Asphalt 6: Adrenaline by the world's largest developer and publisher of video games for mobile devices. A truly masterpiece! Here is the most sophisticated coding knowledge inside, I am pretty sure.

Unbeaten since December 2010! I am not the dev, just saying. (I have tested and played more than 6,000 iOS games on all devices since iPhone 3G, my iTunes apps archive is 450+ GB. Sane over.)

For some friends and me personally the best video game of all times, of all consumer software and hardware platforms! We played it for weeks and months, literally. It's a solid and trippy ground flight, nothing more and nothing less. And it's a STEAL for a buck.

"Hope you like to get high", the lady says on introducing the snowy and sun flooded Chamonix track. :cool:

My German-language review.

Some A6 retina screenshots here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2257468&postcount=231

Don't forget to meet an iOS buddy and try out the local multiplayer, it's gorgeous and x times better than all that online stuff! Try that with the Android crap… :rolleyes:

Can't await Asphalt 7: Heat.
    Will buy the smash button asap.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Seriously, am I the only one who has seen the DELOREAN?

4. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Anyone have a date for release yet? If its not next week than we get 2 Gameloft games the week later.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Nothing confirmed yet.
    I do hope it's next week though because i have too many games to buy the week after.
    And a few sources have said it is a June launch, just haven't given the day.

6. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I and some friends managed to uncover three of four images of the new tracks not only Shanghai.

[​IMG]

7. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    I was about to ask about that too. What happens if you go over 85 mph?

8. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

And I hope instantly that they'll offer a retina version for the new MacBook Pro w 220 ppi @ 15.4" (bought that beast and gave it 16 GB RAM) soon (w cross platform OS X/iOS multiplayer). Asphalt 6 has a Mac version for quite a time already and there is WiFi multiplayer. Nothing new, Mr. Schiller & Mr. Cook! (Maybe new via Game Center.)

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The Delorean is already in the retail version of Asphalt Injection for the Vita. It was then added to Ashalt 6 in an update

10. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    *Glimpses in trailer*

Hold on...

*Rewinding*

Aaaaaaand...

That's a DeLorean. Sold.

88! 88!

11. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    #51 Taytay, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
    Its basically the car from the back to the future movie, but I highly doubt doc will be in the game so definetly no time travel racing.....damn

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Well I highly doubt a port of a mobile game will show off your computers power...

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #53 bigrand1, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    There were a very limited amount of these cars made by John DeLorean (DMC) company. They were made of stainless steel, had a fututistic look, and had gull doors that swung up, much like the Lambroghini of today. Nothing special, performance-wise, as I remember, made famous in the movie Back to the Future many years ago as a time traveling machine. At the time, it kinda reminded me of a modified Vette's rear with rear spoiler windows, and the front end, except the front opted for straight lines instead of the curved hump over the front tires. Basically an over-rated car for the day, but was popular, though.

14. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Woah just saw the Delorean text on that car! :D HELL YEAH :D

15. mobilegame08

mobilegame08 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    #55 mobilegame08, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012

more two images on facebook

[​IMG]

16. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Looks much better to me compared to the lifeless rr2 .

17. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Having seen the video of the new NFS Most Wanted in action, this (Asphalt 7) looks really poor. Especially given that it doesn't look any more sophisticated, visually in particular, compared to Asphalt 6.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdHS4c3MEw

On 53 seconds, they show it being mirrored from the iPhone to the LCD television. It looks as good on there as any current console NFS.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Actually I agree with Sidgoku, asphalt heat reminds me of cod:

Reskinned but essentially the same every time. Rr2 is superior to the asphalt series imo, but we'll see how this turns out. Besides I hate the asphalt pricing model and the physics are crap.

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    WOW. This really puts rr2 and asphalt 7 to complete shame graphically. Wow just look at those lighting and particle effects! Can't wait for this.

20. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Agreed. Gameloft's engine is showing it's age.