Asphalt 8: Airborne (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mobilegame08, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    No problem. :)

Alps, Tokyo, London, Iceland, French Guiana (tons of fun!!), Barcelona, Nevada, Venice, Monaco as far as I remember.

To people worrying. No timers.. IAP to unlock later stages if you do not want to race to open them. In short: no problem...

2. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I played RR3 With a jailbreak, and I managed to get passed all the timers and IAPs, by means that I'm surebi can't say, and honestly the game was still bad, extremely boring track layouts, boring gameplay (even on hard) and terrible AI, believe me, the iap was just icing on the cake with how terrible RR3 was.

3. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    Yeah but you agree with me that in those 60 cars there were at least 20 that were completely useless right?!! Plus the few cars i saw in A8 were really awesome!! There's even a conceptual mercedez which looks like a futuristic car!! Anyway i get your point but this is not a major problem to the game right now and i m pretty sure there will be more in upcoming updates!!

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I couldn't express that better.

…no local multiplayer afair…

+1 +1 +1

Was Need For Speed: Most Wanted that one where they wanted me to buy a SUV?! I hate SUVs fiercly. It's an exceptionally bad idea to race with SUVs. I bought it when it came out and rage-deleted the game after 30 min or so.

Altogether Asphalt 7 is better than Asphalt 6 for most of the people. Even for me (but I still have A6 on all of my iOS devices—it was the last one with motos/bikes btw).

And Paris. And Tokyo. D'accord. We are always playing our local multiplayer races in tier 5 (Ferrari FF most of the time). Personally I love those ultimate sports muscle cars of tier 6 and 7. They are just insane. Some of the best machines available. Like a new Mac Pro.

There are another five tiers for you.

You mean the boost arrows? After a quarter of a second or so they appear again. And the nitros and other power-ups always stay. It's not like in Table Top Racing where the others can "steal" them right in front of their competitors.

Find some buddy with an iOS device and fire up local multiplayer. It's the BY FAR best part of the Asphalt series since A5. We played it for months, literally. Nobody knows better than we that you have to plug in power supply after 5:30 hours playtime (iPad 3 + 4). 100 % (!) stable via WiFi for hours, days and weeks. Other than that Asphalt has the best AI in career mode.

The next complete NEW track! It seems like they made Asphalt 8 for me personally. I know Barcelona, Spain, very well, was there for 12 times (long vacations with my parents). Great harbour (C. Columbus) and pretty seashore in the north of Barcelona (Costa Brava), modern architecture. HOT in summer!

About asphalt: The city's main arteries include Diagonal Avenue, which crosses it diagonally, Meridiana Avenue which leads to Glòries and connects with Diagonal Avenue and Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, which crosses the city from east to west, passing through its centre.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcelona

Good to know. I am pretty sure that the IAPs won't be other than in A7 and A6. Call it cheating. Unintrusive and completely optional. One can't stress that fact out enough after some catastrophal "reviews" of A7 (read the first comment).

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    For those who "played RR3 With a jailbreak" and "managed to get passed all the timers and IAPs, by means that" "surebi can't say",please refrain from repeating those methods with this game. (original poster name where quote taken from removed)

All you will achieve in doing is assuring the next one will be freemium and require an online connection (as Dungeon Hunter 4 and Blitz Brigade have) in order to play.
    And I'm sure none of us genuine players and fans of the series would like to see that, now would we.

Gameloft has been very fair and very balanced with this game and the last one in relation to iap. Don't ruin it for us.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Let me add to this: if you are a pirate or someone who circumvents IAPs, keep it to yourself. Don't mention it here, even obliquely.

7. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    Looks sweet!!!

Thought I'd give some imput.

These graphics are incredible! Both the animations and models themselves are great and a huge step up from A7. A7 was *genrally* a better looking game than A6, but A6 did have some visual quirks that were superior to A7. I can't put my finger on what I mean; it seemed "smoother." But A8 blows them both away.

As for the car list, 47 is not bad for a racing game, especially with customization. Hopefully GL will add some visual customization this time around, like spoilers, and perhaps this is why the list is "smaller." Obviously they'll update it and add more stuffs later on. Plus if you're a real "collector," GT Racing Motor Academy 2 is supposed to come out this year. One thing I've noticed about the Asphalt series, notably 4 and 5, is the variety in the selection of cars. Almost all of my favorites are there, including the Lambo Revention, which is sexy was hell. There dones't have to be 100+ cars if all 47 are really neat!

The Paymium model in A7 was really really well done. You couldn't buy every car after it was unlocked like A6, but its definitely not stingy with cash. Completing an event often gives $100,000+ in reward, and often a level boost with more cash and stars. Another thing I liked was the fact that you could buy the "sponsors" for certain events that were more difficult; a neat idea that helped balance some of the harder Paint Job missions (there's one I think is impossible to do without a sponsor of some kind).

While critics complained A7 wasn't a huge step up from A6 (not like A6 was from A5, or A5 from A4), IMO, it added a lot of really neat mechanics. The sponsor thing, which I mentioned previously, helped balance out more difficult events, and the "3-Challange" system that is found in games like Jetpack Joyride was really addictive to me. Of course, the "add a friend to asphalt tracker" wasn't my favorite, but you could pay to skip them.

The tracks look great and there are hopefully a lot of them. The game looks to go fast, and I love how the tracks are on different levels so the jumps are huge. They look varied from the trailer, which is good. I do hope they bring the Lava-Ice track back from A6 and A7 (I think it was in A6). I loved that track!!!

Just watching the trailer, there's something about these tracks and the overall game that makes it seem more "complete" and "insane" than all the others in the series. There's a lot more going on on-screen, and the particle effects look top-notch! I can't tell if Adrenaline is back from A6 and A7, but I kinda hope it is because I loved being indestructible!!! One more note: the 360 tunnels took sick! Definitely going to get this when it comes out.

8. Habakuk

#108 Habakuk, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    Iceland is spectacular indeed with it's fire, ice and the highest jump/flight ever. Should be in A8 according to…

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2868066#post2868066

…but my personal favorite in Asphalt 7: Heat was/is Paris. No giant jumps but look at the curves—almost a labyrinth or some kind of spiral (anti-clockwise):

[​IMG]

Technically demanding as hell. You have to know every inch by heart for a good score. As far as I know Gameloft's headquarters are in Paris so they squeezed out of the track what they could…

What I don't understand is that they don't offer races in the other direction. You can drive that very well and it looks great (almost a new track)—but there is no timing/scoring and the woman's voice is going crazy.

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    2Gb? Oh my god. it takes a lot of time for me to download it.

10. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    OMG I remember a paint job event on Paris! I couldn't beat it for the life of me!!! Its so easy to hit the walls, especially with a car that doesn't drift as sharply as others. A7 had some great variety with tracks; some were smooth and had wide curves, still others had really square, 90 degree turns that could really punish any twitch or turn too early or too late.

11. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    @Asphalt fans: will you play it with tilt or touch controls?

12. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Definitely tilt

13. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    i ll play this with a controller on ios 7. but for this summer it'll be tilt!!

14. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    I'm hoping the controls on the nvidia shield are supported for this or even if its coming for android. Either way I love the current one and will be picking this up no matter what

15. Habakuk

Some local friends here (incl. me) are all playing it with tilt controls. The only Asphalt I played with "touch controls" (okay with keys or touchpad) was Asphalt 6: Adrenaline on the Mac. There is a benefit for users with iOS devices supporting gyro sensors (the younger ones, p. e. iPad 1 doesn't have gyro sensors).

Anyway—the touch controls in the iOS Asphalt series are working perfect as well.

16. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Which controller?

You mean touch is a kind of "ON-OFF" instead of "progressivity" of tilt. Right?

17. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I just learned about this thread.I am also a fan of Asphalt series.So can somebody tell me the release date?
    Thanks!

18. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    July 2013

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I've been itchin for a new racing game since i've finished Repulze, and July seems to be the month to quench that thirst.

Asphalt 8 just looks too damn awesome. Oh, and im also looking forward to Riptide GP 2 to satisfy my racer needs.

20. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Real racing 3 didn't do anything for you?