Assassins Creed Screens

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by radchad1, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    The DS demographic is mostly made up of 8 -16 year olds and PSP made up of 16 -24 year olds.

The iTouch/Phone average user age (for gamers) probably skews even older due to the mobile market as a whole skewing older than the portable game system market (just as PC gamers tend to skew older than home console gamers).

Well, seeing as how the DS has an earlier generation ARM CPU (well, two of them) running the games, it makes sense that they'd just port over the game to iTouch/Phone, which also uses an ARM CPU. The "clearing up" graphical improvements are, because, y'know...the GPU is better. But, still...they're obviously saving money using the same engine and assets.

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Yeah, I don't think gameloft wants to ruin their wonderful reputation in the App Store by creating a port of the DS version. The BIA game was really nice and although I haven't played the DS version, the iPhone one was wonderful.

Let's just hope that gameloft keeps their reputation and delivers a wonderful gaming experience on the iDevice :)

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Gameloft developed the DS version as well. look under "Games Developed" for Gameloft developed titles

Gameloft was actually started as a subsidiary of Ubisoft, and so at one time was part of the company. I know Gameloft is now independent of Ubisoft (the latter sold their shares of the former), but they still retain a fairly close relationship, with Gameloft continuing to develop mobile versions of UbiSoft IPs.

4. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    the screens have some definite similarities and the differences would have been created by the 2-1 screen change
    I will only buy this if the controls work and it is open world

5. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I'd agree if it was say a one dollar game, but would you spend five dollars or upwards just to impress your friends? I'm not going to take any guesses on the pricing point, but I would expect this game to be one of the more expensive ones.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

7. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Ok well maybe I stated it wrong, but really, who buys that game on their regular phone? No one that I know of has Assassin's Creed on their phone.

What I'm trying to say is this, Assassin's Creed on the iPhone with graphics on par with the DS is amazing imo.

@Cdubby
    Ok we all know that gameloft is going to price this game at 5.99 USD. That's like 1/12th of the price of regular games on the Xbox 360 (I know they don't compare, but generally speaking). The DS version was somewhere around $30 which is 6 times more expensive than on the iPhone. They seem to be of the same quality as you can see from Hodapp's screenshots.

And yes, I worded my statement wrong. Didn't really mean it like that, maybe somewhere along the lines "Assassin's Creed on my phone is awesome. Here let me show you". The graphics would be, like I said, about the same as the DS, and I think people would be wowed.

8. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    OMG when is it coming out!!!!???? Realease date pleasssse!!!!

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Millions upon millions of people. ;)

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Anything else bad with the DS version besides length?

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Aw man, this sucks. It looks exactly the same as the DS version only with cleaned up visuals. I used to own the DS version and boy was it BAD! It was a nice idea that was unfortunately poorly executed. My biggest gripe with the DS version (along with earlier mentioned criticisms such as short play time) was the controls. They just felt so awkward which meant a lot of the acrobatics involved to navigated the later, more complex levels, resulted in unfortunate failure... and this was a system that has controls better suited to a game like this (actual buttons). Makes me worry how the iPhone version will turn out.

Gameloft might surprise us all (you never know), but in all honesty, I'm not going to hold my breath. :(

12. theone1007

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I think they said April and beyond which probably means May-ish.

@Hodapp
    Didn't know so many people by games on their phone. Gameloft said that they've made more money on the App Store than in all their other cell phone games in the short amount of time the App Store has been around.

13. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    The controls are a tad sketchy.

14. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    Looks like the boring "Hero of Sparta" type game- walking around and pressing buttons, same control scheme. Hopefully this is similar to BIA (do more with the fingers than just moving with the left thumb and pressing buttons with the right thumb, at least in the BIA you can move the view by sliding around) or the upcoming Terminator game. Might get it, might not.

15. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Well I liked Hero of Sparta so I think I'll like this too.

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I dunno, to me, it looks like another novelty game. It looks good, it sounds good, but the gameplay is ok. I mean, it's a port. A port like Super Mario 64 on the DS is understandable. Okami on the Wii, cool. Worms on the 360, awesome. But those were understandable. 64-DS PS2-Wii Umm-360. A 360 game transferred to a buttonless phone... How does that work?

17. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    Changed my mind, I think Alien Abuse is pretty much the same. Anyways, the reason I don't think this will be any good, comparing to Hero of Sparta is that the game doesn't give you much freedom- walking in one direction then he jumps for you, going into another place and he changes direction for you... IDK.

Looks good. Probably ten dollars like the other games. Probably wait a month or two to go on sale for six bucks.

18. toiletbob

toiletbob Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    We are getting a game that more than likely uses the same engine as the DS version. As far as level design, I'm really not sure.

Here is a video review of the DS version from IGN.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK8qP50WHXw

19. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    its not a port its just mostly based on story of the ds game. And duh the screenshots are gonna look alike its the same franchise still on a portable system. And the idevice screens do look far better

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    NOOO!!! I was waiting for this one too!!! I have the ds version, it's a prequel of the consoles and... Gameloft butchered the story. It ends abruptly, with Altair not succeeding in anything, but failing terribly. He makes some vow, and it shows the credits.

Watch this remastered port of the ds version that was 29.99 cost 5.99.
    Gotta go change my most wanted game signature.
    Life is cruel =(