iPhone Assault Wave - World War II real time tactical action game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AssaultWave, Dec 12, 2012.

1. AssaultWave

AssaultWave Well-Known Member

Hi,

beta is going on quite nicely, thanks to those who are participating!

We added 10 screenshots to the blog, showing one battle from beginning to end ( http://www.assaultwave.com/?p=396 ).

Here are 2 of them, hope you like :)

[​IMG]
    Selecting the battle from the 16 available ones for the US side.

[​IMG]
    Showing the loading image of the battle #4: Day of Cobra

2. Myrmidon76

Myrmidon76 Active Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks for letting me beta test! So far I'm enjoying the game a lot, especially the single player campaigns (I like German campaign more for some reason). I also played against my friend on same iPad for couple of hours. It was great fun!

3. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Anyone else on iPad 2 having crash problems ??

4. LimitedContra

LimitedContra New Member

May 29, 2013
    Hey

When is this game coming out, I will be interested in buying this.

This also inspires me to put up my game that I developing for IOS and PC.

5. AssaultWave

@ Myrmidon76: You're welcome & great to hear you like the beta version of Assault Wave :)

@ lordyokomoto: If you're referring to the single player campaign crashing, that should be fixed in the latest beta build (0.8c)

@ LimitedContra: Our aim is to release/launch the game during June (next month), very nice to hear that you're interested - hope the development of your own game goes smoothly :)

6. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    Have u adjusted the AI in latest version ?? They seem tougher than before!! Thank god

7. AssaultWave

Yes, some tweaks have been made - including the difficulty selection (Rookie / Veteran) to the single player campaign - good to hear you like the improved version :)

8. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    hi
    I was just wondering
    How munch will this cost?

9. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    Wooohoooo crash bug on iPad 2 sorted... K feedback time ;)) game running very well, UI good. Graphical good to, nice touch with the scenery moving when u tilt iPad ;)) but noticed some graphical glitches at bottom. Of screen during some missions and end if battle reports , probably have to email the SS for u to c properly

10. AssaultWave

@ Best75: sorry, no definite info on that yet, will let you know as soon as able to

@ lordyokomoto: Thanks, good to hear the game is working alright & you liking stuff like moving scenery :) Do download the 0.9 build, the graphic glitches you mentioned should be fixed now.

11. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    On the website it says US and Germany as first playable nations
    So US and Germany are the first nations to play as and you will be adding more
    You should add the soviet union

12. AssaultWave

@ Best75: thanks for the suggestion, indeed we will launch the game with 2 nations, US and Germany. 3rd nation to be released later on is UK. Soviet Union is a strong candidate for the 4th or 5th nation to be released in the future :)

13. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    Played new version today excellent guys, everything that has been fed back to ya u have taken on board.... No problems at all at mo.

Now just one suggestion going forward for single game/ 2 player game would we be able to selecta nd adjust the victory point limits ourselves ???

14. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    art

This looks great, but the art needs work. It's hard to differentiate between the background art and the troops, tanks, etc... The color values need some adjusting to make it readable.

15. AssaultWave

@ lordyokomoto: thanks, we are listening very carefully what our beta testers say, and have tried to implement almost all of the suggestions that have been reasonable :)
    Good suggestion about the adjusting the Battle Points (victory points) - won't make it to the release version but shall keep it in mind.

@ toxiccheese: Thanks! Agree, in screenshots/video it's not easy to differentiate. It is better in the actual game as the units are moving/firing, but shall try to improve it even more.

16. AssaultWave

17. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    Thought I Recognised the name in latest version..... Good to hear u got a publisher for what is a great game and one I will defo be dl when official app is released, gona start both campaign s from being tonight again lol... I wished beta updates would keep the progress ;)))))))) will post later my thoughts ;)

18. AssaultWave

@ lordyokomoto: yep, added their logo to the beta build :) Thanks, appreciate the support and the feedback!

19. Thaumite

Thaumite Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Played it again tonight, two hours and a little bit of annoyance (At the difficulty) I completed Allied mission 10-16.
    For some reason, the last battle was easier than the one before it.
    Only one bug found:Went into multiplayer on accident, home'd, came back and pressed start, and it started what seemed to be mission one.

20. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    I have to agree plain sailing on rookie mode then started I think mission 9 or 10 went ultra hard AI then next mission was easy as hell