iPad Astral: Origin (by Yangxi Zhou)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IncomingGames, Sep 12, 2015.

1. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Thanks for the promo code...BUT WHY is this not universal...make it for the iPad too.

2. IncomingGames

IncomingGames Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    #62 IncomingGames, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    It's all for the gaming experience. We've tested it on iPad mini 2, we can't stabilize the frame rate to 60FPS(about 45 - 60, but we think 60 fps is very important for the gaming experiences) when realtime shadow is on with native resolution. We still need to do some digging on that yet we are short of time. Right now, there are many urgent things, bug fixing, payment & energy system adjustment, android version, difficulty adjustment, etc...

Once we release the v1.0.2(free, smoother input, better collision-detection, no more crash), we will enable Testflight for v1.0.3(Energy system adjustment, difficulty adjustment, Universal version, objects' sale price adjustment), then we will invite anyone who has interest on this game to help us make it better.

3. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks for your trust. Giving up isn't our style.
    Currently, this game is a 3/5 star rating game. But we have confidence to pull it up by fixing the major issues you guys have posted, and do a lot more improvements.[Updates]
    What's more important, we will bring more contents(new planet, new stories, new spells and gameplays) to this game, make it really quit different from others.[Expansions]

4. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    It does look like you did a great job with the game. Personally I would play it as a free game and probably buy some IAP, or as a paid game with no IAP. Honestly I'm probably likely to play it sooner if it's free, which is why so many games go that direction. Just one opinion.

5. Brodic

Brodic New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    #65 Brodic, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Thanks for the promo code. I promised the dev a review for this game.

Yesterday, I thought it's just another simple runner designed for girls(adorable graphics). But today, I can tell that, this game is definitely DARK SOULS mobile!!:eek:

It's fun, really. I have passed all levels on planet 2, and I can tell that one planet is quite different from the other. Planet 2 contains lots of jumping puzzles so suddenly this game changed into Mario 3D when you stepped on it.

But due to this hard as hell difficulty, putting an energy system in this game is a really bad idea. That's the reason I can only give this game a 7/10 despite it's really cool and interesting.
    Remove this stupid energy system ASAP, please. It totally ruined this game. :mad:

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #66 Repulsa, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    My review is pretty much the same as the person above me... This game is a challenge and it DOES have uniqueness.the controls are a little off but no biggie that's an easy fix. The energy timers ruined this game. That is the one point we ALL agree on. Please do away with that and consider keeping this premium with maybe extra content you can unlock via IAP (characters planets etc) I think it will get lost in f2p land BUT as a unique premium game it really stands out.

7. scifistephen

scifistephen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 4, 2013

8. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks!

Thanks for your suggestion!

9. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks

Well, we do admit this game may be a little killing at some point.Chapter two has some unique design, which would make it more difficult to pass it.Some players lost so many times in this chapter that they decided to give up. That's a pity. Besides we may consider to record more lectures to teach our players some tricks for passing the Chapter two.

Thanks for your playing and your review!

10. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Here is some promo code

Hi guys, we already submitted one free version and it's still under approval now. We still have some promo codes, so we decide to give some away.
    Here is the link: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3681153#post3681153

We hope those who just took the promo code can give their feedbacks and we are grateful for that. :)

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Good morning after a busy weekend and wow, definitely no need to TOFTT anymore. Obviously this thread saw a little explosion in posts and finally i'm the one who's late to this party...

Let me tell you straight; after reading through all "energy full" pages, i honestly say thank you for WHNR477PXHXK from the promo thread.

Usually, i only grab early bird codes for free games or for paid games, which i'm mostly not interested in too much. I strongly tend to support the developers with my money for premium or full content and/or ads free unlockable games.

Since the Devs want to change some things, it sounds like a useless comment, but...
    Paid game = NO energy system. Period.
    (No matter the upfront paid price!)

Some fast initial impressions:
    Lovely art style and a very polished presentation overall. Swiping left-right is ok but down with a lane change could use a tweak, in my books.
    Mission 3 with enemies and still in the tutorial...screwed up three times and lost lots of enery...sigh.

Looking forward to some helpful tweaks and updates, and at some point i also could see me dropping some cash, even for a consumable iap, specially since the Devs are so active in this thread. A late welcome to TA!

12. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks for your reply. We already decided that this game would be free and find a solution to remove the energy system, shortly.

v1.0.2 is uploaded and still waiting for review, when it's released, we'll set this game free. We are currently working on v1.0.3, which will take care of the energy system, iPad support and many other problems. It's very useful for your detailed post, that we just look into your problem of "Why down with a lane is hard" quickly.

We noticed that we failed to queue your input commands while character is diving. That's the reason like some other people have posted said sometimes it's hard to jump up. We fixed it just a few minutes ago, it will be released in v1.0.3

As for the fighting part, here is a trick: Never stop taping if you are not so good at timing. Things will be better when you practice more.(v1.0.2 also increase the attack area, it would be easier)

Thank you very much.

13. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks for your comment!

Thanks so much! We already submitted the free version(also fixed some problems mentioned most), which has been approved for ready to sale. Now we are working with some websites for promotional campaign in order to get more exposure. So it means we still need sometime to pick up the date to release it. But don't worry, it will come soon.

Once we release the new version, we will keep you updated and listen carefully our player's idea.
    Again, thanks for your support!

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Why do you plan to make it free and removing the energy bar as well?? I thought either of them would be fine but not neccessarily both of them at once. Strange. I dont know anything about the game yet besides the screenshots but how are you gonna make money out of it then? Are there any other iap's like in-game currency available?
    Just curious...

15. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks!

Yeah, we have the consumable iap inside our game. You can have a try if you're really interested in our game. We have a few promo codes left, so if you want, you can contact us by email([email protected]

16. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    So far so good, beautiful looking game, with a decent amount of challenge involved, the energy system does not really bother me so much it's just little control issues like stated before need tweaking

17. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks!

Thanks so much! As for the control issues, we have fixed it in our new version. Besides, next version will be free to download. We'll keep you updated once the new version is released. :)

18. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Dear guys,

We're so glad that the new version 1.0.2 of Astral: Origin is now available to download, the new version is FREE.

In this version, there are smoother input, more accurate collision-detection and no more crash. So the game experiences will be much better than the previous one. By the way, now we are working on v1.0.3, which will take care of the energy system, iPad support and many other problems.

Here is the download link:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id1026639237?mt=8

In short, if you're still interested, you can have a try on this new version and send us your more feedbacks about this game. We really enjoy discussing with you on TA and every comment on this thread means a lot for us. We hope we can work together to make Astral better, and we hope more and more players will like Astral.

Thanks so much!

19. Mintslap

Mintslap Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Soo after playing this game for the past two days (thanks for the promo code IG!)

Pre update

The game is actually great and has huge potential to be a hit. The animations and artstyles are great. Gameplay is very challenging but possible to master with lots of practice. Due to its difficulty, the energy system is a huge flaw which i understand the devs are changing soon so thats great. The controls are a bit clunky soo i'll see the difference after the update.
    Best of luck to the devs, this is a beautiful game that just needs some tweaks.

20. IncomingGames

Aug 17, 2015
    China
    Thanks for your reply. It really heightens our confidence. Hope you would enjoy the new version.:D