Astro Ranch - OFFICIAL launch thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Lookks great! My only question...will there be a male playable character?

2. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I wish I could say, but I don't know if the dev would allow it. All I can say at this point is that the game is going to be awesome.

3. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I will be waiting on this game yes.

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Unfortunetly it would be my deal breaker...
    :(

5. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    I can confirm that you can play as either of the starlight twins - Max or Sindy. You'll also be able to download new costumes to change their appearance if that's your kind of thing! Almost done with the trailer video and new screens... looking at a few more weeks polish and then we'll ready to unleash the game!

6. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Here is some nice Astro Ranch wallpaper while you're waiting!

Right click and "save target as" to save to your desktop!
    Enjoy and Happy Christmas from your friends at Tag

1024x768
    [​IMG]

1280x800
    [​IMG]

7. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Nice, thank You.

Whole this game looks interesting, but I am curious, how big possibilities will it have?
    The goal is to bult a farm, in space, but how big may this farm be, how wide variety of animals and plants will it include?

Best,
    Jarek

8. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hey Jarek thanks for your interest in the game.

It will launch with 10 crops and 5 animals but more will be added in updates/downloads. Ranching/farming is only one part of the Astro Ranch experience and you'll spend just as much time playing mini-games and embarking on quests for the alien inhabitants as you will growing crops/raising livestock!

Astro Ranch is Farmville in 3D plus a whole lot more!

Cheers
    P

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Paul thanks for the clarification. You are the F'ing man! My status is now changed to insta buy!

Nice screens btw. ;)

10. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    When does Astro Ranch come out?

11. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    We are looking at a late January/early February release.

Will depend on a few things but we'll have in it for approval by mid-January.

We want to make sure that the inital release has a fair amount of downloadable content to choose from in addition to the core elements you get at the start. Plus there are a few surprises!

Cheers
    P

12. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Thanks so much!

13. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    thanks for giving us the rough release timeframe :)

also will these update be paid dlc?

i dont mind DLC if its good content at reasonable prices, but whenever i i hear content downloads these days i do usually shudder ;)

14. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    idrisguitar value for money is at the top of our list for the download content. We are speaking with our Beta testers to set this at the correct price.

The last thing we want to do is price too high so that no-one buys! We are approaching it that some people like to customise or buy in game credit and others aren't really in to it... so no matter who you are Astro Ranch should offer a really unique game-play experience at a price that makes it appealing. Thereafter if you really like the game and want to extend your play experience you can, but there is no pressure and there is no loss of game enjoyment or experience by not buying DLC. All the main features are included in the inital download.

Like most developers we will need a little bit of trial and error to get this right... but our overall aim is to provide various ways of enjoying Astro Ranch and paying a fair price for that entertainment!

Cheers
    P

15. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    great reply, thanks a lot for expanding on your though proccess gives me confidence for the DLC anyway :D

and it is now on the instant buy list :)

16. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Is this coming out for the DS too, cool. I think you should make it more like animal crossing aswell as a multiplayer.

Suggestions :

Multiplayer :visit each other towns, and trade different items

Buildings : It would be cool if there was some shops and houses that you could go in on story mode and on multiplayer

Transport : you could make some sort of transport like a little bus or a train

Cities/Towns : Have different cities and towns like pokemon not just the one and have each one with a different shop

Customize : Fully customise your home with furniture and other items

House : Be able to buy a new house or have one built and have hidden rooms

Make it more like pokemon an animal crossing.

Communication :
    >Be able to talk to people through ipod earphones with built in mic<
    > add people to a friends list<
    > be able to messege people<

Might of gone to far with my suggestions so i'll just stop there. Just thinking of some good ideas. Also these could be addon packs or something that you have to buy.

17. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I cannot wait for this game. It looks great it will be an instant buy. Thanks guys for the game have a Happy new year.

18. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    People you might like to start taking a look at

http://astroranch.com

We've got some new art up there just now and the game micro site will be seeing a whole load of nice preview stuff going up there in the next couple of weeks.

We are getting very close now with development. The 3D front end and menu system is in. The intro animation is almost complete and we will be functionality complete on the game tomorrow. Then some weeks of bug fixing and polish before a February release...

It's coming!!!!

19. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Yeah!!! Launching in February! (Someone's lucky to have his birthday in February and has just lined up himself for a birthday present!!:D)

I must say your farmers are fab, the expression on their face is ace, very cute but at the same time a "guess what we've been growing to be so spaced out!".

COngrats, good luck with the final touches!;)

20. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I hope it is the first part of February. I can not wait for this game. Thanks guys nice job.