Astro Ranch - OFFICIAL launch thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    Can't wait, been wanted to play this since it was announced. :D

2. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Thank you for all the positive feedback! I trust the game lives up to expectations for everyone. We are certainly having a lot of fun playing it.

It does lend itself to lots of updates and new content if thats what players want so consider this first release a starting point for what could be a much larger universe (no pun intended!) in future.

Right now we are starting to collect ideas for updates so given the info we have put out on the game so far if you have ideas for mini-quests, mini-games, new objects etc please do post them here!

In the meantime we are about to let our Astro Ranch street team loose on the world and if you want to be a part of that and spreading the Astro Ranch word to the masses drop us a line at [email protected]

Thanks

Remember - In space noone can hear you honk!

3. Blackucard

Blackucard Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Anyone know the release game for this game?

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    This game has been so long since I heard anything about this. I hope this game succeeds and go to the Top Paid! Good luck guys! Also I got 3 of my friends looking forward for this.

5. TIMELESS

TIMELESS Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    I am looking forward to this game also. I am so excited.

6. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    A quick update - all functionality is now complete!

Just a couple of weeks of bug testing and polish and we will be ready for launch. Wow - its been a much bigger project than we expected when we set out on this journey but we hope it has been worth it.

Some features we'd have hoped to get in haven't made it but at least that gives us plenty of ideas for updates.

So for those that don't know what the hell is Astro Ranch?

• It's basically Farmville in 3D, set in space
      - but with animals as well as crops
    • with elements of Animal Crossing - speaking to crazy characters and doing tasks for them
    • but with a bit of an RPG element as you level up you character
    • PLUS it has FISHING (think mini-version of Flick Fishing) and PANNING for GOLD mini-games
    • You can send your friends messages and gifts, compete against them in ranching challenges (who can grow the most carrots etc) plus much, much connected stuff!!
    • For a small cost you can download packs of clothes, furniture for your house and ranch decor to personalise the whole experience!

In short its awesome fun and we think you're gonna like it!

More details and the long awaited game-play teaser to come shortly

P

7. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    That sounds great Paul! It has been a long wait, but I am sure that it will be worth it. :)
    Can you give us any word on CJS 2?

8. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    So will this game maybe be out by the middle of Next month. It looks and sounds great.

9. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Yes a mid-February launch is looking about right. We have one memory issue with the engine that is driving us nuts at the moment but I'm hoping we can have that resolved soon....

In terms of Car Jack Streets 2 with GTA now out the competition is very tough. We have started work but being able to take CJS2 to the next level is very much dependant on how well Astro Ranch sells.

In your opinion would you want the game to go full 3D like Gangsters, iso-3D like GTA or stay top down like the original?

Cheers
    P

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

iso 3d like gta please!

11. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009

Wow, sounds totally awesome. Any idea what the starting price will be?

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Iso 3D please!!

I believe it can give better framerate on older devices too?

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i've already said i would like iso 3d but i havent explained why.

here's why: the first CJS was a blast to play and i dont think i wouldve enjoyed it half as much in 3d. i still like 3d though, and i always think it's great to have it.

iso 3d would therefore not only look nice, but still feel like it's predeccesor

14. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    That would depend on how alive the environment feels. If you go fully 3D at the expense of having a living breathing environment (one of the ways in which Gang$tar went wrong), then it is not worth it. My preference would be fully 3D, but only if it feels alive. If that is an unobtainable goal, then GTA:CW style 3/4 view 3D is a much better option. :)

15. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Agreed. And no time limits. :)

Astro Ranch is on my definite 'to buy' list. Looks rock solid.

16. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    I am waiting for this game it is on my definite buy list also.

17. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Astro Ranch launch date will be 21st February 2010

Launch price will be discounted for at least a week to begin with, before rising again. Expect £1.79/$2.99 as a launch price rising to £2.99/$4.99

There will be a special item included for the first 50,000 downloads. After that target has been achieved the next update will remove it! It's a little thank you from us to those players that buy early and support us with this game.

More info coming soon...

P

18. TIMELESS

Sep 10, 2009
    As soon as it is released I will buy. I think this game is worth 4.99. Thank you guys.

19. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    hate to sound like a broken record.. but instant buy for me.. woohoo, look forward to the special gift :D

chris.

20. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Im buying this straight away the second it comes out, lol is there a certain time it will be launched i want a gift, hahaha.

Cant wait, been looking at this topic ever since i joined the site and now the wait is finally over, not too long now, whhoooooooo !