Universal Astronot by Wade McGillis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mguniverse, Jun 18, 2012.

1. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    how did you beat the mummy!!!? It's unbeatable...

2. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sorry for the shameless thread bump but I'm still stuck.

Is the mummy really unbeatable ? Can anyone tell me which area the fast run/jump power up is in ? I think it's the only upgrade I have left to find (apart from the remaining health upgrades).

Ta for any advice ! ;-)

3. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Ha ha!! Tricky Tricky!!!

In other news, I saw an H&R Block location yesterday while driving, and I reached and tried to grab their sign while driving down the street in my car thinking it was a Green Square...

4. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Where you can find mummy in real world? Egypt :) So you need to find in game area with
    yellow sand

5. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    it seems you have the weapon power up, right? If you go to the right corner of the room, the mummy can't touch you. Just avoid the stars it throws. The mummy gives you the speed powerup.

6. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    Thanks both of you for the help. I guess I just needed to know I was barking up the right tree attempting it at this stage ! Still not beaten it, but I guess I need a break and to come back to it fresh. Sometimes that helps sort a stubborn boss fight !

Can't wait to get the
    speed
    powerup !

I love my trusty little garbagenaut !

7. N10do64

N10do64 Member

May 8, 2012
    The fact that you're able to transfer your saves from the lite version to the full version makes me happy.

8. croccap

croccap Member

Jun 25, 2012
    #228 croccap, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Nm lol

9. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

This is not a bug. This has always happened. In real life, when you walk into a room and close the door behind you, will you be able to turn around and go back out without opening the door again?

Okay. So what does this mean you have to do? ;)

10. croccap

croccap Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Thanks Wade! Ha ha. Love the update

11. croccap

croccap Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Was wondering did you soundtrack your game on a nano loop or did you use some kind of Atari emulator?

12. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

I used http://www.beepbox.co/ made by John Nesky of thatgamecompany.

13. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Help

Any tips on how to kill the boss at the bottom of the teleports? I activate the goggles and hi speed, but still get smashed.

Oh, and where do I get the lava suit?

Thanks in advance

14. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    Wow - the Rand Mod has just made me feel physically sick on the bus to work !

I think I'll go back to normal !

15. th1nk

th1nk Member

May 8, 2012
    hey wade, first I want to thank you for creating this great metroidvania-game, i love the style and gameplay! damn nintendo for not releasing any new 2D metroids! ;)

unfortunately I was stuck till the update, installed it today and now I guess I am stuck again:
    you can see where I am in the attached screenshots. the last item I got was the double-tap to run thingy. I saved in the savespot and now I cannot leave the area. I guess the jump into the area at the far right was kind of a sequence break as I cannot make the same leap back.

can you help me out or will I need to wait for another bugfix-update?

thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

PS: can you explain the differences between the normal and lite versions of the game? The lite version seems so complete to me. :confused:

Attached Files:

16. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    The lite version only has about half the game available as far as I'm aware. Roughly speaking about three areas are explorable and three bosses available. Upgrading to the full version gives you the option to transfer your save from the lite.

17. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks for the update, Wade! Was finally able to pick up where I left off.

18. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    I was fighting the wrong god-damned mummy ! .... 3 hours plus trying to beat the unbeatable. What an idiot I am :/ It never occurred to me despite being aware of its existence ! I was advised here to avoid the yellow stars ! Nigh on impossible with the unbeatable mummy, at the time I thought that the dude who advised avoiding the stars must be an awesome player ! Anyway got the fast run now and it is truly an awesome power up ! I better go find some green squares now as I only have 15 :/

Still loving this game after 20+ hours. Thanks for real value for money Wade !

I really can't wait for whatever you do next.

Also awesome music and sounds. Havent be so immersed since Super Metroid for the SNES !

19. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Need some help... Already beat most of the game, just a heads up for those not as far not wanting spoilers.

I found a switch to the right of a lava area where there were a bunch of skulls and a person and another fountain. Does anyone know what the switch does??

Also, I found the second mummy one time, but I can't seem to find it again... Does anyone know where its at?

20. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    #240 bigred447uk, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Go to the surface where your ship is crashed and head right towards the castle. There is a small gap on the right hand side of a small hill that leads to a save room. Go out the left side of the save room and follow your nose till you reach the second lava pool. Drop down through the lava into the boss room. Anyway apparently the boss takes 1400 hits to kill and the only reward is a 'congratulations' message, so I would say its not worth bothering if you aim to try and beat it.

Hope that is specific enough description for you mate. Get back to me if you're still having trouble and I'll try to be more detailed ;-)