Universal Astronot by Wade McGillis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mguniverse, Jun 18, 2012.

1. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

Nothing. It's supposed to imply that the door is broken.

Image you posted.
    Unless you have the goggles, you broke sequence. Others have too. :(

2. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Thanks man! I found it!

ha ha.. Nice.

3. th1nk

th1nk Member

May 8, 2012
    no i do not have the goggles. i love sequence breaking :D getting stuck not so much ;) oh well waiting for the next patch...

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Don't wait for the patch ! Start again. You know the map more than you think. It will only take a few hours to get back. Trust me ... ;-)

5. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    sorry, man. I gave you the advice for the mummy, but I didn't even know there was another one! This game is incredible, the world design is amazing. I wonder of this second mummy is indestructible or if we are supposed to kill it later...

What about the bee hives? Are they indestructible?

6. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    #246 bigred447uk, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    Dont be sorry mate. You helped me piece it together. Glad we are enjoying this marvellous game my friend.

I may get flamed for this but this game is the most fun I've had on the AppStore since 2009 / ever. Serious.

Not game of the year - best game of the OS ever.

Ok bite me !
    Beehives are indestructible as far as I've tried ( approx 3 mins constant abuse with the gun powered up. Also you can see the purple ninja stars go right past the hive without hitting. This is my impression and by no means conclusive).
    I read earlier in the thread that the second mummy takes 1400 hits and the only reward is a 'congratulations' message. I think that was posted by the dev. But also in this thread is a screenshot of a congrats message so maybe it is achievable ... !?

7. Tranceaholic

Tranceaholic Active Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Okay, I'm STILL hunting around for those last four Green Squares, but I found
    this room hidden to the upper right of where the eye boss was. In it, there is a skeleton that can be shot at with the words MAYBE LATER above. Shooting at this skeleton makes his middle fill up over and over, but nothing else happens.
    . Does this mean I must find something else before visiting this room?

8. bigred447uk

Apr 16, 2009
    #248 bigred447uk, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    I been there and experienced this myself. But 'charging' up the skeleton had no noticeable effect on the game as far as I could see. Maybe the dev cares to comment when he reads this.

9. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hmm... I seem to be stuck in this weird endless area where there are switches in the middle and if you exit at one side you reappear at the other side. And whenever you hit a switch another switch appears above you. D:
    Halp!

10. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    So you're in the portal maze? It's really a
    series of interconnected rooms which all look alike. The portals are just a ruse. All you need to do is drop down from the top in the very first room (the rightmost one) to the bottom of the shaft; you will fall into the boss room.

11. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Rightmost one? The rooms are all stacked on top of each other.

12. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    Hmmm...I don't think I'm familiar with that area. Could you please tell me how you got there?

13. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

Haha, that room does nothing. Maybe if I'm really bored one day I'll add ferris wheels or other silly things. The "charging up" of the skeleton is actually a block that was half-implemented. It was going to be used to damage the ghost boss after being charged, but I removed that functionality and instead you have the ghost boss as it is now.

14. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    Ah, so that was another sort of easter egg left over from development! Thank you Wade for your response, and it's awesome to have you, the developer, responding to all of us here in the forums!

Oh, and that new video mode you added is trippy like nothing I've ever seen before!

15. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    #255 gustavohmc, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    so the beehives are indeed indestructible... As to the second mummy, I did not find it yet. But now I'm immune to lava:)

Agreed! I remember only a few games that got me hooked up like this one. The thing is that you spend a lot of time because you really want to explore. You get curious and astonished all the time!
    Great work mr McGillis

16. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hah never mind, you were right. I was able to fall into this room with a boss. xP
    This guy is pretty tough.

17. Knightdriver

Knightdriver New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Save files keep disapearing

Hey, I've been consistently (and most frustratingly) running into a bug that I can't find information about elsewhere.

Prior to the update, I was playing through the game, beat the giant slime, went to the castle and got the laser gun, then suddenly the game stopped recognizing when I would save it. In fact, when starting the game it always opened, not at the title screen, but as though I had shut it down while playing. My character would be standing in a screen close to the beginning and all my progress was gone. No matter what I did, the game refused to save any information. So I deleted it, and when I saw the update had been released I re-installed the game, played again, repeated my previous progress and made it to the xray goggles. This was yesterday. This morning I pulled it up again, and much to my surprise and dismay, the game opened with my character close to the beginning and all progress again lost.

I have been enjoying the game immensely, but am hesitant to beginning another game if I'm going to find myself constantly starting over from scratch whenever I load it up! I have always been careful to save my game at each station as I play through, but it seems to be doing no good. My iPhone is up to date.

~Knightdriver

18. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I had the same problem, but it only happened once. The spot you appeared was near a health power up, near some water with green walls? If so, it was the same problem I had.

19. MentalGen

MentalGen New Member

Jul 6, 2012
    This guy seems impossible to me. I have the goggles the speed suit and the gun upgrade. I still have no idea where the flame suit is :( but this boss doesn't seem to make sounds that my shots are even damaging him. What am I doing wrong here?

20. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Hey guys -

If I were to ask something of the devs, if not a map, I would ask for some kind of save, or an indicator that a save room is nearby (perhaps an arrow on every screen?)

Anyhow, I'm doing a lot of random wandering, sort of getting to know the places. Went to the red place, the steel place, the sand place (as far as I can get). Only upgrade I have is I think 3 healths and the 2-block height jump.

Is there some area I should concentrate on to progress? There's so much I can explore and end up doing nothing productive and I don't want to spend hours and hours at it, a general idea would be awesome.

Thanks