Universal Astronot by Wade McGillis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mguniverse, Jun 18, 2012.

1. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    turn on the goggles, run to the left end of the room. Shoot him like hell and listen to the sound he makes when he shoots. That's a hint for you to jump and avoid being hit. Try to circle him from above when gets close and repeat. It takes a while to get the timming, but you'll get it. Never mind the enemies that become invisible, they cause insignificant damage.

2. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    You should go to the castle area first. From the first screen go right all the way without entering caves or doors. It's a good start regarding powerups

3. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Thank you!
    Now to find my way back to the start-ish... :-D
    The lack of the map is sort of nice...really wish for saverooms though...

4. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    There are saverooms, they are a little far from each other, though. There is one on the way to the castle. And one in the upper levels of the castle too. Enjoy the exploration, the game world is amazing

5. popjam3

popjam3 Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Can someone pleeeease tell me where the goggles are?

Thanks

6. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    You find them after killing the eye boss.

7. Tranceaholic

Tranceaholic Active Member

Jun 28, 2012
    You get the goggles after
    defeating the eye boss; it is located in the green area which is left of the starting point. I forget exactly where, but you enter a green brick area just before you encounter this boss.

8. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    help

i have only 2 green squares left to find...
    I have almost memorized the whole place, i'm wandering around for ages now. Any ideas of difficult, hidden, odd places?

I heard that the second mummy is not worth beating, but is there any area after
    you beat it?

Also
    there's an area near the boss under the infinite teleports screen that plays the tune of the boss fights, but there's nothing in the room. Anyone got there? You have to drop from a room with blue bricks.

9. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    You mean the room with water at the bottom and green blocks and yellow pillars in the background? Yeah, I've also been there. Judging by his previous responses, I'm guessing Wade planned to put a boss there, but abandoned the idea in the end.

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey guys, i've beaten both the Knight and the Giant Snail, but can't return in the surface and can't move forward in the game, i'm stucked... there's a way up somewhere?
    thanks in advance!

11. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    You got stuck. There's a switch that has to be activated before you go down there. If you had the goggles you could get out...lots of us got stuck there, you should restart and kill the eye boss before the slime

12. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Yes, that room! Thanks mate, I've returned to this room a hundred times in different conditions. Now I can let it be.

Only 1 square left. I'm doing a hand draw map, but the red metal and the purple/blue areas took 10 pages of a notebook, with lots of notes to link the parts together.
    Im crazy about this game

13. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    #273 Tranceaholic, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    I'm down to 2 Squares left, but I found another easter egg I want to share! In the gray underground area with lava, there is a room with lava above, and a single block of lava is exposed. Stand directly underneath this exposed lava and jump straight up.
    You will be able to swim up into this lava (provided you have fire protection, of course). Now if you swim off to the left edge of the screen, you'll land in this completely empty room with music heard nowhere else in the game (sounds a bit like fife & drum)!
    Has anybody else been here?

14. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I remember seeing this single block of lava, but was not able to jump there. Don't remember why, but I was sure it was possible. I'll go back there and check it out.

15. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

No. He's not stuck. If he downloaded the update, then he should be all set now.

16. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Sorry, I forgot about the update.

17. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Broken teleport?

Has anyone been to
    an area to the left of an ocean, followed by an area filled with lava and pipes, ending in a broken teleport? I can't figure if it's supposed to be broken or if there's something I should do.

Does anyone have a clue of what the switches do? I found many of them in hidden areas, but couldn't see their effect.

18. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    #278 Tranceaholic, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    Is the broken teleport between two red steel beams? If so, this area is
    a clue to where the portal to the end of the game is located. There is another area near the beginning that looks like this.
    . As for the switches, I believe they each open a door to the other side of the area several screens away.

19. gustavohmc

gustavohmc Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Yes, this area. I thought it was a clue, but since i'm desperate for the last green square, i'm trying anything. About the switches, that was my idea too.

Thanks!

20. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

#280 wademcgillis, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Okay, since you only need one last square, here's something that spoils the entire game up to collecting the final square:

edit:
    I'm pretty sure I know which one it is though.