Universal Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure (by Dinofarm Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Two stars on what? What are you implying?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    On TA it seems that you may have accidentally rated this game 2 stars on the forum.

3. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't think so?

I don't know how to check who voted but my computer shows that only 1 vote was put in for Auro for a 5 star average. I've never even tapped the vote button since I don't care for voting.

4. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Why two stars?

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Do you just like repeating what other people write?

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I just voted on it to overwrite what was on there supposedly or whatever but really i don't see how it matters so much. Not only is the average high already, it's not an app store vote so it doesn't have much weight with only a handful of people. I wanted to try and delete it but I didn't see an option since I don't even own this game.

I didn't realize this site had two voting systems which however don't influence the app store.

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It was true now it says you rated it 5 stars.

8. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I know it doesn't effluence the App Store but I know it definitely effects almost all of my purchases.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Not sure why multiple people would repeat the same thing when I was already responding to you.

10. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Very nice game, played to low battery twice today. Tutorial 30 and 31 are a challenge trying to acquire points and avoid yetis... If you like tactics games at all, hex grid planning and great, original character models, give this a go.

Well done dev team

11. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    Sorta neither actually. It's explicitly *NOT* a "get the highest score you ever got" game. Each time you sit down, you're doing a match, and you have a score goal. You will either win, or lose that match. The objective is to reach a score goal, and if you reach it by the time your Barrier (health) runs out, you win. If not, you lose.

There's also a "metagame" play mode that functions a lot like a single-player ELO system.

12. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Also do not like the new icon. I'm baffled as to why they switched to this one.

13. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Very good but hardest than hoplite and lamp & vamp !

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I gotta agree. :( The first icon was just very simple...very classy.

15. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Not really though. Depending on your placement match, you can initially get placed on easy, which really isn't all that hard, definitely not harder than the first levels of Hoplite I'd say. The cool thing about Auro is that between matches it constantly adapts to your skill, so when you're really good you face a challange right away whenever you hit play and don't have to go through any easier early levels first.

16. Sven - Monkube

Sven - Monkube Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    That's an easy one. From a sales perspective, the new icon is a much better choice. Your main character on it just attracts more people. I like the other one more too, but being that Dino Farm goes against the stream and dares to go full, immersive, and strategically deep premium on us, I'm totally OK with this.

I was fortunate enough to have played Auro while it was in development, and can tell you that the lengthy tutorial is a really big plus. This game is so deep, being thrown in at the deep end (which was the case during development), is not the best way to experience it.

Will be spending lots of time with the future.

17. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010

Thanks for your help ! i find all thos hex games very addictive ! Another worthing title on ios like those 3 games ?

18. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    not a hex based one, but try 868-HACK.

19. Sh4rP EYE

Sh4rP EYE Member

Jan 6, 2015
    #80 Sh4rP EYE, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    Well, as almost everyone said before, this game is a masterpiece!

- it's harder than Hoplite and L&V together - finaly :D I've ran through L&V in my fifth game and was among the best in leaderboards
    - it adapts to your skill level
    - it's full of little notes you can collect - not only that they are often funny, but they also help you a great amount in the game (tips & tricks)
    - it requires creativity and thinking - no stupid slash-them-to-death tactics in strategy games from now on
    - it has plenty of monsters and all of them have cleverly chosen abilities (not that monster #1 jumps one tile while the other jumps 2 tiles and has double the HP, as seen in many other games)
    - all the monsters and spells interact with each other in original and genuine ways
    - all if those details (like these anti-camp squids) really show someone thought deep about this game

TL;DR - This is a finely crafted must-have game for everyone.