Universal Autumn Dynasty (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    From the developers facebook page:

"The campaign consist of 10 uniquely scripted missions, letting you stealth into enemy territory, defend a city under siege, break thru a fortified mountain pass, and more. The skirmish would be 10 maps for the classic RTS experience (train, construct, research, fight), and multiplayer gameplay."

I hope a few of the skirmish maps are different than the campaign. I guess I'll see soon. :)

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well ... Skirmish is grayed out ... and also I see no settings for AI Level as in the video ... hm ... :confused:

3. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Anyone tried this on the original ipad? Won't buy this until it's confirmed that it's running flawlessly on the ipad 1. Got burn myself badly with Gratuitous Space Battles last time. The game looks good though.

4. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    @Fimb We developed this with the iPad 1 in mind actually :) While the iPad 2 and 3s run Autumn at 59fps, iPad 1s are still do respectably at 30+ fps for complex battle situations. Hope this clears things up!

@Mythbuster Ah, my apologies: skirmish is unlocked once you clear the first two missions: we realised from testing that since the control scheme was completely different from traditional RTSes, people would be confused if they didn't have some tutorial help, and they would often skip the tutorial and get frustrated if we didn't lock skirmish first.

5. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yes, I discovered! Great! Five stars from me so far!!! :)

6. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #26 Twenty One, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Really impressed!!

GREAT GAME so far!!

The "normal" difficulty in both the skirmish and campaign is quite challenging and adaptive. I've been getting my ass kicked but it's a blast.

This game seems to be pretty tactical and complex with simple execution and dynamic gameplay. My initial impressions are that this is an awesome game with excellent AI and great mechanics....but I need more time to get a better opinion.

Having said all that Im really looking forward to getting into the multiplayer very soon!

I just want to thank the Devs (fernfreak) for joining us here on the forums and for making such a great and polished RTS game for the iPad !!

7. Kafu

Kafu Well-Known Member

I was waiting for this title since long time! Finally has been completed. Downloading :)

8. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Hey, thanks! Gotta download it then asap. Game sounds very promising.

9. ferolac

ferolac Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    is there any chances that it will get iphone supported later on

10. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

This game looks insane!! Completely worth the high price!

11. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Well done, The Creative Assembl..... OH WAIT! :p

12. ooba

ooba Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Not a big fan of RTS games but got this one for the visuals. Three levels in so far in the campaign and it's impressive!
    Playing the game is like watching a painting in motion.

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Finally a really great and complete RTS on the ipad. The game is flawlessly executed and requires a lot of micro management. I love it!

14. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Well, there is one minus point: At Skirmish mode, 'random map' is only one from the ten normal maps ... :(

I wish, there were a normal random map generator which generates really random maps ... then it would be even much better ...

15. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Yeah, no random maps in skirmish is a problem.

HoƩfully it's something that can be addressed in the future!

Anyway, buying the game later today.

16. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Looks like a beautiful game, may have to give this a try!

17. SweTSE

SweTSE Member

Apr 20, 2012

Wow. I'm curious what people want in IAPs. Hopefully they will be add-ons and not boosting items for people "left behind".

18. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Beautifull looking game which looks also like a great RTS....so i will give my support to the Dev.

DL-ing as we speak....:)

19. RangerRob

RangerRob Active Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I am considering this game (even though I generally don't like RTS), but noticed your above comments that it requires a lot of micro management. Did you mean the opposite, that it does not require a lot of micro management, or was that an accurate statement. Thanks!

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Well it's just that usually RTS on ios require little to no strategy at all. Here you must control every unit, create and manage your units/resources/buildings while activating special powers I like how you can set the trees on fire (well it's used against me every time but i like it anyway ;) )