Universal Autumn Dynasty (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    #41 cabdog, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    What is skirmish mode please?

I am new to skirmish mode. I have finished the first Campaign level and this is an amazing game; the graphics are awesome and the overall feel is just cool.

I would like to play the skirmish mode as the possibilities look amazing as all of the unit types are unlocked but there are no instructions. I have never played such a type of game/mode and I really would appreciate any info!

Can someone please give me a quick and dirty rundown on skirmish? Reading through the doctrines had me confused as i couldn't figure out what to select and how/why/when. Awaiting orders +6 means please?
    Who am I fighting as I don't see an enemy please?

I hope others may gain from my questions too of course; sorry to bother!

Thanks guys!

2. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Another reason to love my iPad! I love it when developers really develop a game to work well with the iPad! This title wasn't even on my radar as I had not even heard of it before last night, but the video convinced me! A real and proper RTS that demands your attention and has a depth that other attempts have lacked since in some aspects. Thanks for such a great game! More maps please!

3. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I think you just need to play more of the campaign. That basically IS the instructions.

What could be written about the actual gameplay could take up a whole forum!

Awaiting orders means you should pick a doctrine to research (tap the little scroll graphic). Take your time and read them - it all makes sense... You basically pick a focus to compliment your strategy but the fun is in discovering this stuff for yourself ;)

Great game. Inspiring!

4. RangerRob

RangerRob Active Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Ah, I did buy the game and I see what you mean. I would say that the game has no micro management from what I typically think of in that regard. The city building portion is minimal and takes care of itself. You don't create huge hordes of armies that are just uncontrollable masses. So that does free you up to care about individual units and control their special powers. Very good game in every way so far for me. The interface is beautiful and highly functional. I would recommend this game, even if you don't normall unlike RTS.

5. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
  6. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #46 kin, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Wouldn't you call that the opposite?

Instead of amassing huge number of units to swarm the enemy, it's more important to use each individual unit and their abilities effectively (Being able to easily draw a path for every separate unit really helps here too).

Thats micro management right?

Have to agree with you on the building portion though, it's important to know where and what to build, but after that you can ignore all but the forts, and since you can even set rally points in the same path-drawing method, it's just a matter of panning back to queue the right type of units.

7. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    Purchased, but precious time to play as I have to focus on my Outsourcing assignment instead.

From the brief sneak preview when the game downloaded, it is exceptionally well-polished with a compelling music score.

Only minus has nothing to do with the actual game but the advert: Western models instead of Chinese [Oriental]. Chinese women FTW ;)

8. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Glad I read this thread! For some reason, I was under the impression this was for iPad 3 only. Told my co-worker about the game and he bought it. I'm downloading now.

9. breender

breender Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Just like to ask, as this game have a chnese background story, does it support Chinese Language?

10. zachawry

zachawry Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Incredibly cool game!

I end up buying lots of strategy games and then not advancing very far because they just get tedious after a while. With the interface and the strategy of this game, though, I don't think that's likely to happen. It feels like you are much more directly involved than other games.

11. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    No chinese language yet.

What does the promo code win you?

12. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Group selection is the most urgent "fix", imo. Should be easy to implement. I hope the devs are listening to feedback, because with a few tweaks this could be the ultimate iPad RTS experience for a long time.

Also, I hope they release new campaigns and maps as IAP.

13. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I would recommend this game to any iPad owner who enjoys strategy games! My gaming genre typically is TBS (Battle Academy, CM:T, Starbase Orion, Ascension) so I was a little hesitant to go the RTS route again...I'm glad I did!
    I am into the seventh mission in the campaign and it has me hooked. This isn't overwhelming as some RTS games, I was in control of a dozen or fewer units at any one time. The art is beautiful and the controls are very intuitive.

14. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    What group selection are you referring to?

Drawing a lasso works great for me for selecting a group of units.

One thing that wasn't highlighted in the tutorial was that you can select all units of a single type by double tapping on one of the units.

Useful to do stuff like selecting all horses to do a flank or moving all archers out of the way.

15. karlth

karlth Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Iceland
    This is a great game. Highly recommended to RTS fans. :)

16. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I meant saving specific groups. Group 1, group 2, etc.

17. gamedboy

gamedboy Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    You can also tap and hold a unit to halt them.

18. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I'm loving the game so far but I'm stuck on level 7. I can do the first objective no problem but I just keep getting overwhelmed at my base. Any hints?

19. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I am not quite finding this as enthralling as I had hoped. But it is enjoyable. Just not the depth I was hoping for. Though I haven't gotten all too far yet. I do hope they add some type of save. I really don't like having to play through a complete level all at once. It's tough with kids to always have 20-30 minutes to sit down and finish a full game in one sitting.

20. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #60 kin, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    You are using the forts there to build units after you taken control right?

Get one pikemen deployed at each of the breaks of the river between your towers.

The opening in the bottom practically defends itself then, and all you need to do after you stabilise is to build a catapult and start wrecking the enemy towers and buildings.