Universal Autumn Dynasty (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. gamedboy

gamedboy Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Game Developer
    Hi mosquito60!
    Thanks for your feedback, I would help you poke fernfreak for the weird arrow pathing :D We have also fixed a number of crashes in the current update, now awaiting apple review.

2. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Thanks for the quick answer.

I really didn't realize that I can draw a path from the fort. I must have drawn a path accidentally. This makes things much easier.

I discovered some other thing:

If you chose CHARGE of the horsemen and you rush towards a enemy unit you move very fast towards them. but also you push the enemy unit far back, which is not very useful if you want to just stop them. I want to override them, but I don't want to make them move quickly somewhere else.

3. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    This game need a killing feature... The option for any unit to hide! I mean not to attack.. Always when I hide my horses, or want to set a trap by making my archers hide away till enemy entered a certain spot the I choose him when to attack

The problem is , whenever the enemy enters the plain of sight of my units, they start attacking... This is very awful.. I mean I m hiding or preparing my units.. I keep pressing on them along press so as not to follow the enemy..they stop for a second and then go back and attack the enemy!!

I just want the ability that any unit doesn't attack..like stand still or so... So as my hiding works..

Any dev here???

4. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Does anyone know Skies of GLory, Rise of Glory or Air Supremacy? These games are air combat sims. You can open rooms there and play FFA, TDM or CTF and DTB games, (Free for all, team death match, capture the flag, destroy the base) with up to 10 players in multiplayer via wifi.

I'm no developer, but I like the uncomplicated way to play online like this. I don't like game center. Could it be possible to implement something like that for Autumn Dynasty too? I mean you don't need 10 players per room, four or six will do. But it would be lots of fun.

I have no idea if this is difficult to realize, it is just a idea.

5. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    #105 mosquito60, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    I tried to play a match. After a while I could either reject or accept a invitation. I accepted. Then it changed to the skirmish mode where I could start a skirmish game.

And now?

Why didn't it open the game I accepted?

Later I lost connection before the game could start.

It takes minutes to start a game. Maybe there are not many player playing this game. But it is way too long anyway. In SGAS or SoG I don't have to wait for 10 seconds.

Ah... now it worked. I lost. :( GG stonegale

6. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    This game needs:

1- option to save or auto save complete where u was when u close the app

2- the option To make units stand still and not attack any moving army when they enter their sight level so we can hide efficiently between trees and get attention early..the ability to sneak.lol... Especially when using archers...all units are programmed to attack even if u press long on them..

7. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Hi everyone! Yes, we're listening :) I just keep on getting moderated...

1) It should auto resume if you close the app using the home button and start it again: did you kill the app from the bottom bar?

2) I realise we should really put that hold-position thing in: I'll work out something for this, and it should be in on the next patch. We've got one patch currently awaiting Apple approval (should by any day now), so we'll only be able to put in the hold position fix once this one is cleared. My apologies about this and thanks for being patient with us! :)

8. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Ouch yes, gamedboy is really poking me a lot now :S

Let me explain the charge mechanic a little: any unit hit by charge is knocked back: if the knocked-back unit then collides with impassable terrain, like a mountain, it takes double damage; if it collides with another enemy unit, it sets up a chain reaction where all of them get damaged (decreasing with each hop)

Charge is not that effective at hitting an enemy on open terrain, but combine it with something like Fire or Ambush, and you can push enemies into places where they will be forced to take much damage! :)

9. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012

Ahh, glad to know multiplayer worked for you!
    'Skirmish' there refers to multiplayer skirmish, so you get to choose a map you want to play on.

Apple prefers it if we use Gamecenter, but I definitely agree that the multiplayer experience for finding matches can be improved. I'm hoping that they will continue to improve the Gamecenter service to make things easier for everyone.

You can help us fix the delay in finding matches too: you just need to persuade your friends to keep their copies of Autumn open and searching for games as much as possible! :)

10. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    #110 fernfreak, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    Here's a quick video introduction to multiplayer: hope it provides some insight for those who are playing online! :)

11. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Argh.... the skirmish map river delta.... I just can't get strong enough to hold my position. How does the enemy get this units from?

12. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    1) yes we want continue option if we close app by home buttom...another option is save within the game...so as to continue whenever we stopped

2) great.. It's very very important to put in the patch...it will add alot of strategy ...thanks

13. hsthompson

hsthompson Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Bought on the basis of the high praise here, and the attentive devs, and pretty impressed. Haven't driven too far into it, but it's pretty, and while I agree with some of the improvement suggestions (hold position, pathing touchiness, cut scene fonts), it's definitely got the ground work covered.

14. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #114 Twenty One, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Best strategy game keeps getting better....

First of all I want to again tip my hat to the Dev team for their hard work in bringing us one of the best iPad games by far! Also, their involvement/communication with the community has been phenomenal and is greatly appreciated!

I have 3 requests that have been echoed by many others so far and they are all 3 related to each other and I feel will all facilitate better mechanics when all put together......Oh, and put me in the camp that would like group set/recall ability.

(A) I feel that this is the most important feature right now: to have BOTH unit and group orders. A "HOLD" order would be great but should still mean that the units attack but only when the enemy is right on them and they should not chase the enemy or leave their ground. I guess I mean to say for them to "hold their ground" and attack without without leaving formation or chasing after the enemy after it leaves my unit's "attack radius" zone.....which brings me to my next point--

(B) Another great feature to add would be to give the swordsman, pikeman, and horseman an "attack radius circle" like the archers/catapult have. This would greatly help us in setting up formations and would be benefitted by combining with unit/group order buttons.

(C) Finally, I also feel that along with these suggestions, that adding the ability to zoom in farther would greatly improve our ability to set formations easier and be more precise with movement "strokes" as it would give us more screen room to work with and more "real estate" to utilize.

Thanks again to the Devs for such an awesome game and for their continued support moving forward!!

15. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    If it were up to me, I'll add a button beside those of the unit abilities to "Hold/Stand Ground" units. When activated, those units don't move no matter what.

And if you want to take that one step futher, make the button a toggle for different modes, and you can allow player to also choose options like specifying a unit to "Guard" a particular spot, the unit would chase enemies near that spot to a certain extent, and then return back.

But the swordsman, pikeman, and horseman are all melee units? I don't think adding circles around them would benefit gameplay much, and it might make the game look cluttered.

Zoom-in is being added this patch isn't it?

16. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    I think it would do if they just would stay where I stop them or where their moving path ends.

17. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    Lets summarize what we need

The units need the following:-

1-Stealth: which mean they never attack (wether they are moving or they are standing still)

2-Guard: protect either a building or another unit

3-patrol: select an area on the map and the unit keeping moving back and forth

And I think the three options would be accessed if u double tap on a unit!!!!!!

18. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Hi Autumn Dynasty fans... I started a new facebook group page where players can meet each other and discuss the game. Later on I will start collecting helpful texts so you can share and look up tips and tricks. Have fun.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/437748329582798/

19. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Double tap's already used for selecting all units of the same type in a small area.

I'm still voting for a button on the left of the build icon that cycles between "Normal" and your points 1 and 2.

20. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #120 Twenty One, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Best keeps getting better (and will continue to do so...)

Guys, just wanted to pass along some info from one of the Devs, "KnightBeard" who reminded me that this would be a step-by-step process of implementing changes and improvements as they have many great ideas moving forward:

"currently, hold is implemented into the new patch as "tap and hold for more than 3 seconds" and also, zoom-in is implemented too. just that it might be a little pixelated as we originally planned the graphics for iPad 1. yup, now let's just hope apple speed up the approving process!"

So ....They are open to Any and all suggestions as well as trying other mechanics and experimenting with what will be best in the long run so this is by no means the final way to "hold" or give orders as this mechanic is fluid and can change/improve with more time for testing and experimenting by the Dev team.

Also they plan on rolling out a few features in each subsequent patch but don't want to overdo it as to not overwhelm new players due to the lack of a help guide currently ...although they are putting one together for the next update.

The good news is that obviously this game is already a big success and I'm assuming that this, along with the fact that the publisher-Bulkypix- is well established, will mean that plenty of resources and support will be given to the Devs.....
    I can tell you guys that they have very big plans for this game and it will be interesting to see how it evolves with plenty of backing!! :D