Universal Autumn Dynasty (by Touch Dimensions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, May 23, 2012.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    This sort of makes sense, but 3 seconds is an awfully long time.

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Jealous! I don't have an iPad :(

What are the chances of a Universal update in the future???

3. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Thanks mosquito! :) I've just joined it too. Apparently there's a mythical korean player who's been pwning a lot of folks-- I'm looking forward to adding him on gamecenter and challenging him, but still trying to figure out what his nick is in english. Also, someone else thinks swordsmen are underpowered? :) I've been using them all the way!

Thanks TwentyOne :) You really helped me communicate when I was still being moderated. I finally figured out how to post, and why I was being moderated: initially I thought it was because my messages were too long, or my post count was too low, or I did or did not identify myself as a 'dev', or i posted too quickly: apparently for anyone with a post count below 10 gets their post auto-moderated if they include any of a rather large set of spam words-- like 'dev' or 'project'.

Really glad you're enjoying the game and I'm working to put those features in.
    1) preferences on the group buttons are still a little unclear at this point
    2) i'm adding a complete 'hold ground and do not attack' mode if the player taps and holds a unit for 3 seconds. this is differentiated from the normal stop by a 'halt' icon that will appear above the unit. Touching/moving the unit again cancels this mode.
    3) i'm increasing the idle time for units so they stay longer before they move to attack, perhaps this will give players more time to react and not need the auto-attack range circles for the melee units. Too many of those radii do look a little ugly :p

4) Yep, zoom level is increased for 1.2!
    5) Also in is 'novice' mode for the campaign, which makes things easier. :)

4. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Great review. Bought it after I read it. Will test it tomorrow. Can't wait.

5. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    You are welcome. :)

I think swordsman are pretty good. They very often make my archers pretty useless. I hate them, lol

I'm not very good. I often forget research, or forget some units in the outback and when I need them they are too far away. I get beaten a lot. But I remember starting these flying games: I needed at least two month to lose my noob status.

About the resarch:

Why do you need this train and cancel button at the bottom? Leave it away. Just tap at one of the circles you want to train. If you chose another one, just tap this. You don't need to cancel, because training does not cost anything and does not hurt. It would make thing easier. I just mistapped several times and then nothing was researched.

Just tap point, highlight it, tap beneath, continue playing.

6. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    I don't find any scores in game center... ?

7. VimFuego

VimFuego Active Member

Apr 27, 2011
    IT Geek Extraordinaire
    Brisbane
    Looks like quality to me, I'm in! :)

8. fernfreak

fernfreak Active Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Hmm, we were trying to allow people to see what the next unlock level would give them, without resetting the research, since it takes some time for the research bar to fill up. I made the button flash if it wasn't researching and the 'Research Complete' notification slide in, but since people tend to miss it in the heat of battle, maybe we should have it as an instant unlock, similar to the company of heroes unlock tree.

9. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    How does that work?

10. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Often it occurs, when I'm not out of important units (which I am often) that I want to use the researched features and the are reloaded.
    So no arrow storm, no fire, no bombs... what makes reloading this features faster?

btw: How long do you have to play until you start winning a game now an then?

11. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    very important issue

U said if u hold a unit for 3 sec. It will hold the postion and not attack.. But u missed a very important aspect that sometimes I am moving and don't wanna attack.. Like I'm moving with my units exploring then I accidentally find an enemy unit, so I don't want to attack or get exposed, and run away back... But I find while I'm moving and I spotted the enemy, my units runs towards the enemy automatic...it is a good feature.. Buti want to be set automatic but I want to be able to cancelit...

Like there was a mission Where I was sneaking around and there was enemy patrolling, ever time I found an enemy while I was moving, all my unit's run to it...

So summarize it I want the ability not to attack while standing or while moving

12. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Wait a minute... I thought your own units would already ignore enemy units as long as they are still moving (still have a path drawn)?

Or did I understand you wrongly?

13. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Your units automatically engage the enemy whether they are moving or not.

14. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    No, I just tested and unless you draw a path so close as to enter melee combat range, you can even command a unit to move between enemy units and it would continue on its way until your specified destination. Map 1 is the easiest to test this.

It's when units are standing still where is the issue of them automatically moving to attack the enemy.

15. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Help please - stage three?

I am hoping for some assistance on stage three. It is the one where you start in the bottom left corner, and you are instructed to go North. When you go North you are immediately Ambushed. I see that you can construct camps/forts etc., but they are all on the other sides of the impassable mountains? What I am I missing please?

16. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Don't know who can fix this, but the game page for Autumn Dynasty isn't properly linking to this thread in the TouchArcade app, and subsequently is keeping Autumn Dynasty from showing up as a "Hot New Game."

17. kin

kin Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #137 kin, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    You remember the ambush ability that was unlocked in stage two? There's where the "Ambushed" came from, the enemy pike north of ya.

The ambush ability slows and deals damage to all units around the pike, so instead of sending all your units up front at once, just send archers to shoot at it from a distance first. Also remember swords wins spikes, which wins horses which wins swords like roshambo.

Just further up the road you'll get another cut scene and you'll see where you can build. You can also go near the neutral buildings at the start of the area to liberate them like in stage 1 (Tactics Orge ftw!).

18. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Sometimes you just want to go away.. you maybe burnt a important building and or your unit got weak and need to go back to the fort.

Especially the horsemen could move quickly in and out. But:

-If a other unit moves towards them they stop and fight again.
    -If they pass a enemy building they stop and start to burn it down

Often it happens that a weak unit gets stopped like this, which will kill it, for example when a enemy unit attacks the unit again. This is annoying.

As it may be important to stay at a place and wait (and not attack)
    it is also important to go from A to B straight (follow a path without attacking)

19. mosquito60

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    Draw a cross over the unit.

Draw two circles over the unit in one move.

20. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Is there a way to turn the multiplayer matching search off? I'm just at the main screen (not even in the multiplayer selection) and it's always looking for a game, even with my wifi off.