Universal Ava's Quest (by Nemo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2014.

1. yells

yells Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Mine R6EAT4NJ7MK7. Thank you

2. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I used TNL6MK9MYLP7 thanks a lot!

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It's the demo version.

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Don't have iCade so I tested it with my PS3 controller. I can move but I can't jump.

5. graison

graison Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Took AJPR976A44P3 from page 2

6. cowabungadude

cowabungadude Member

May 8, 2012
  7. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Same on official iOS7 Game Controllers, (Extended) left analog stick moves left and right, need to use the touch screen to jump, etc..
    Please update!!!! For full "official" controller support.. iCade is dead!

8. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Solid game! Controls are great, and the sprites are beautifully drawn and animated. On my ipad it looks like a cartoon! So good! One thing though... Is there any chance you would be able to stabilize the framerate on iPod Touch 5G? I'm getting some framerate dips in certain sections of the levels on that device. Other than that, I'm really enjoying it and I love the medal system. Makes replaying levels a lot of fun.

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Scotdamn, I value and respect your opinion.

I hope the free to try model works for Ava's Quest HD. I'm going to purchase it later because I love these types of games. In addition, it has 1,000 GC achievement points to earn.

10. Pete Martell

Pete Martell Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2014
    #30 Pete Martell, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Got this on a whim and a minute later bought.

IMHO best platformer for years, best none Nintendo controls in a very long time.

Don't even bother with control support, seriously not necessary or even preferred, the controls and gameplay is so far simply amazing, if it stays this way for the reminder of the game it could be a GOTY contender for me.

I have not enjoyed a platformer this much in years.

Sorry if sounding ecstatic but I really can't help it.

Everyone should check it out especially since first levels are free, on my iPhone 5s no fps issues no input lag no "floaty" jump or detection issues.

Seriously these controls are a feat! Have not tried the gun yet, no idea how it works, rather earn it then buy it ingame so might take a bit of time.

Edit; wanted to add that level and enemy design are brilliant, can't help myself but I am loving this game right now, once the boulder from Indiana jones arrived it got challenging :)

11. Pete Martell

Feb 20, 2014
    No more time to play for the day, but I know as soon as I do I will play this first thing. Don't think I will be bored with this anytime soon. Levels just get better as are enemies while controls are pixel perfect.

More people need to check this out, no other platformer beats this in my opinion on iOS anyway.

12. Pete Martell

Feb 20, 2014
    Nice vid :)

Please do a play through on the level after you left of when it kicks into gear.
    The one where the first boulder appears.

Also did anyone have any impressions on the gun yet?

13. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    The controls are great.
    The whole package feels good...
    But there's something that feels like it's missing.
    It's the X-Factor. I have no desire to continue playing it...even though technically, it's a really good game.
    It just isn't fun to me.

I wouldn't let this keep you from trying it, because it is a good game! it just hasn't done it for me! personally.

14. Pete Martell

Feb 20, 2014
    #35 Pete Martell, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Don't remember where demo ended since I bought it but to me I got an xfactor and more in spades after the level with boulder and onwards, like level 7 (edit; checked it,)

If unsure check the video of what comes in full version.

Anyway, just letting you know incase you think the rest of the game doesn't get more exciting, it really does.

Edit; forgot to mention bosses as well even first worm boss is great, they perhaps should have made the whole first world free, because the game really picks up quickly

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Fun game but I can't find the puzzle piece for level 4 anywhere. Starting to wonder if there is one. Anyone else find it?

16. Pete Martell

Feb 20, 2014
    Don't remember but I do have it collected so it is there for sure. Some are very tricky to find :)

I am missing the one on level 2 myself and a few others.

17. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    How is Icade dead? Is it because you don't own one? I have a library of games and several Icade game controllers. And several developers still release games which support it. Just because something new comes out, doesn't mean something existing is dead... I've been playing iOS with a gamepad for years. IOS7 is just the newest option. But I choose to fully support developers who pioneered games with physical controls. Icade lives son!

18. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah I know they can be hidden extremely well, but the one on level 4 must be invisible because I just can't find it, and I've searched every inch of that level. Don't know how I am missing it...

19. nemo

nemo Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Thanks Scot,
    If you don't loose any of the hearts you can gain the Heart trophy.
    Please don't forget to Rate and Review in the Appstore :)

I'll fix it and send an update soon, I just need someone helping me to test the controller, please pm me if you have a controller, I'll mention the name of the tester in the credits of the game :)

Thanks,
    Please close other apps and play the game.

Thanks,

WOW, Thanks man :)
    I'm really happy you've liked it

@Sanuku:

Thanks, Great video.

There is a puzzle piece for sure! but I can't help you :D