Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Eduku, Jun 18, 2010.

1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    ...I like avatars :) Adds to the forum in my opinion..

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    As already stated, in my opening post, could be solved with a banner saying 'developer', which would be just as effective, if not more.

Though I doubt that everyone would have a 'Goku going SSJ animated avatar' (as I said, I think this community is more mature than most), I think that we should respect a person's right to post an avatar on whatever interests they have. As long as it's not...well, a penis or something (refer to the bit in brackets earlier).

3. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    That is just another thing to patrol against. The Admins are against it.

Have you read the lounge? There is a ton of immaturity on this site. Most members, however, try to stay on topic.

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Actually it's mostly good discussion about stuff with the exception of kijib's thread, which is basically just a bin for random, pointless posts.

Take the (various) E3 threads, for example, for the most part people have managed to keep posting civilised discussions, and surprisingly far less hate (i.e. 'console flame wars', etc.) than I expected.

But if the admins are so profusely against it, there's nothing we can do, I guess.

5. The avatars are really small anyway. Even if someone posted a picture of a penis I daresay it wuld not be immediately recognised! (And thus the member can be banned accordingly before a younger person sees it lol)

I believe you can stop avatars being gifs.

A banner would be a nice distinguishing element. Honestly, all developers get is something that many people on other forums can get. They need something unique, not a lift on a restriction placed on everybody.

And many of the people in this community are quite mature. I have yet to come across someone acting...
    Well.
    Kiddy.
    Like "GimmeGamesNaoPl0x!ImaGoSSJOnYou!!"

It's more "I'm sure this game could be free because its not very good!"

Neither sound like penis comments to me either :/

Edit: A penis comment is likely to be some guy that swears a lot and should be banned anyway -.-

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Heh, that's true.

I know mostly everybody's "name" on here(regular posters), but in other forums I don't really remember peoples names I just remember them by their avatars.

I like knowing people by their names, but that's just me. I don't care if we do or don't get avatars.

7. I go by both. Avatars are a visual reference (I am deaf so I have a more visual learning approach so I natrually go more toward avatars...)
    Names help if there is no avatar.
    Two people with the same avatar can mean twins.
    Many with the same could mean a group.
    Signatures are boring to be honest. I haven't seen anyone with pics in sigs. Probs can't put any. I have no quotes to put in except two idiotic game reviews.

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea pics aren't allowed in sigs, and all in all the allotted space for sigs is small. I'm glad though because I hate when people have pics in their sigs because it makes the page load slower, I'm still a supporter for avatars though..Lol

9. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Eduku statements are pretty sound and has some good input in regards to having avatars.
    But personally?.....it would load much slower on my pc and doesn't a name give just as much meaning to an individual as an avatar would?
    (or could be if actually taking the time to choose one).

10. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Sorry if this sounds insensitive, but are you completely deaf, do you just use your iDevice for gaming? Or do you have some hearing?

11. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    two ppl with the same avatar could mean...they have the same avatar
    doesn't really matter to me if they add avatars or not, but it'll just mean more work for the mods to check images, next someone's going to make a thread for a spoiler button

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Seriously, this thread is lame. CLOSE IT. Thx.

13. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Your input is lame. Stop giving it. Thx.

14. I have a cochlear implant which I can hook up to my ipod with a lead. This means the sound from the ipod would only go into my hearing-aid, it filters out every other sound.

Without the lead, sounds are blurred as I use a Chochlear Implant. Imagine a jackhammer drill (Game at top speed with implant at top sound) with some other construction work not involving drills going on behind you (Such as hammering)
    That's how difficult sounds are to distingush. It's not that loud though lol.

ipod mostly for gaming.

So yes, I'm profoundly deaf with a cochlear implant.

On the avatar topic: They are tiny. No signature images allowed. Loading isn't that slow unless you have a dino comp that takes 20 seconds to load one very small less than 100x100 image.

15. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    You started this thread, even when it's been discussed several times before. Learn to search. Thx.

16. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    #36 Eduku, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    I don't know what your problem is, every post I've seen by you is criticising and just plain insulting others. If you don't have anything useful to say, please don't post it at all.

17. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    this forum sucks without avatars

18. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Job Stalker, I agree.

19. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    I think someone is getting a little ticked because everyone doesn't share his opinion...

And I really couldn't care less. Although I do agree with Hodapp in that avatars help identify devs easily.