Universal Aviation Empire Platinum (by Channel 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Muppetpuppet

Muppetpuppet Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Cities gain stars if they have
    1. Many connections
    2. No delays
    3. Many buildings that improve popularity, such as museum, theaters and such.

Focus on this, and you'll see the stars count rise , it might take a while after you build and improve an aiprort for the economy system to catchup though .

2. Flyingjunkie

Flyingjunkie New Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Planes Circling

How to I get planes to stop circling. I've added a bunch of buildings that say they help occupy people, but I can't get the planes to stop. Do I just have too many planes going to that airport?

3. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    You've got delays. If you read all the little text balloons they'll hint at what's wrong. If you open the airport screen it should also indicate what the cause of the delay is.

Usually it's too many planes and not enough runways or buildings which improv the airport, such as control towers , radar etc etc.

Maintenance can also cause delays. If airplanes are stuck in maintenance.

And finally a storm or snow can cause delays. If you've unlocked ILS or radar that should prevent that from happening.

Also sending planes that are too heavy for the runway can cause delays. For instance 747 cannot land on a tarmac runway. It requires the longest heaviest runway...

4. Flyingjunkie

Flyingjunkie New Member

Feb 1, 2017
    The balloons usually say I need more runways or buildings to increase capacity. I'm already maxed on 3 modern runways and 3 control towers with radar and ils, and 5 modern hangars with repair and fuel. I don't know what buildings I could add to make things quicker. Seems the only thing I can do is have less planes land at that airport.

5. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Well. Indeed runways and control towers are the basic buildings to increase capacity.but here's a few more ways to do it
    A) find the advanced buildings that increase capacity ,. Such as
    Terminals
    Crew centers
    Customs
    Fire stations
    Security center
    Transit centers
    Transit center upgrades (bus station, taxis etc)
    And there's a bunch more.

2. Destroy old runways , just tap on them in the world and place upgraded runway. An old tarmac runway can be a huge. Bottleneck in the modern age.

3. In the connection screen temporary. Remove passengers from that connection , by giving them an overnight stay.

4. Select the airplanes on the route and select the their gate behavior to be short at the gate. They might not fill up completely. But they leave as fast as possible.

6. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I enjoyed this right up until the point it crashed and I lost many virtual years of progress. I'd discovered pretty much all I could so no big deal but just a warning to anyone out there that maybe the occasional manual save is good.

For the record the GUI started becoming progressively unresponsive up to the crash, it seemed to indicate something like a memory leak.

It was fun working out the mechanics and I enjoyed the play through. Might be a bit easy once you've worked out the optimum routes and can just let the $ generate itself.

For those afraid of the ads, don't be, they become irrelevant once you are generating lots of $.

Save often. ;)

7. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Sad to hear you experienced a crash, the game economy can get quite heated, especially in one single setting, I'll make a note to the team to see if they can identify additional leaks.

We found that playing a single session for more than an hour is too taxing for many mobile devices. Saving often is a good tip.. Perhaps an autosave (it does this now when you close the app) every 15 minutes is no luxury.

untill wat year/era did you play?

8. Azndragon89

Azndragon89 New Member

Oct 2, 2016
    how do i cloud save?

9. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    I believe it's automatic once you sign in to game center or Google . The manual save should also cloudsave then .

10. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yes they were long sessions, maybe an auto save after every year is a compromise?

I don't remember the exact final year but I had everything unlocked and just about to branch into space flight.

Good luck finding the bug. The really laggy stuff was the building UI.

iPad Pro 9.7 running whatever the latest Apple has forced down our throats btw.

11. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    Well indeed especially in the later years it actually becomes nearly a PC game in managed complexity and CPU cycles. It's the trade of for having an complex economy system and managing all those passengers, (each passenger is actually a proccessed unit/algorithm.

But we're definitely focusing on an update to address these endgame issues. On a pro, it shouldn't be that demanding

12. Sairz

Sairz New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Gems

I bought the £9.99 gem pack, spent 1000 gems on the most expensive building pack, and started placing a lot of my new buildings. The game then closed itself or crashed, I loaded it back up, and my progress has gone back. My gems are all gone as are all the items I purchased with them. The gems £4.99 that I purchased before this are still there, but I have now lost £9.99 worth of gems!!!!
    Please sort this out for me! :mad:

13. Garvin

Garvin New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Hi,
    Im in year 1974 and have a boeing 747, i see in my statistics, the profit is all positive number but in my money, it's also keep negative number. I closed some routes that don't make profit like Ams-Del, Ams-Jkt-Syd. And open some routes that make profit like Ams-Nyc, Nyc-Tyo. But after that my money always keep at negative number. Can you give me some advice so that i raise the money?

14. parkmaker

parkmaker New Member

Apr 23, 2017
    Happiness quest

I am at the point where I have to have 8 airports with 80% happiNess, but I am having trouble raising happiness. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

15. Bsamuels88

Bsamuels88 New Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Connections Strategy

When does it make sense to have a connection? The route planner has up to like 6 stops one plane can make - what is the benefit of having connections in this game once you're in the modern age?

Thanks!

16. 0Artur0

0Artur0 New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Need help!

I'm in 1938. I'm progressing slowly through the years so I can accumulate a lot of money and upgrade a lot of airports. I already upgraded to 5 stars all the European airports (all the buildings I can build so far). But there is a problem.. there are sad orange faces all around the airports saying the queue is too long at on of the gates and the passengers are bored or something.. even with tons of hotels, theatres, fast foods, ... Why? What can I do?

17. 0Artur0

0Artur0 New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Anybody here???

18. Muppetpuppet

Sep 5, 2013
    Applied Game Developer
    Amsterdam
    If I remember correctly you should build more capacity buildings and have your airplanes fly more often. That way que's will be reduced.

Alternatively you can buy your waiting passangers presents or send them to a hotel for a little bit.

I think if you upgrade all your airports to 5 stars in europe, you will attract massive amounts of passengers, and you need to have a lot of airplanes to provide flights for everyone.

19. 0Artur0

0Artur0 New Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Fully upgraded airports with all connections full always have non-stop delays. What's up with that? How do I know how many connections can I have and not have delays? Is there any way to optimize schedules to not have delayes if the airport is already fully upgraded?

20. einzele

einzele New Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Love this game. A bit lack of something to do at the end though. I have one question, does using older airplanes have any kind of disadvataged or penalty? For example 747 vs 777? Because when you already have hundreds of ships, its tedious process to call them back one by one.