Universal AVP: Evolution - (by Fox Digital Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I have no response. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and everyone is free to disagree with others' opinions...which I do with pretty much everything JBRUU said. That's all I'll say. :)

2. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    Update is out and fixes a huge number of issues

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Downloading the update, and i am really looking forward to the enemy lock-ons. :)

4. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I like it how everyone is buying JBRUU's flame war, but no response on my crash report? Srsly, mission 5 on alien constant crashes? Anyone? I got the update but this issue is not fixed.

PS: yes, JBRUU, Im absolutely sure your opinion is full of crap, because of reasons previously stated - you exoect too much from a mobile game of a dev team of this level, you clearly have not been to the later parts of the game where it gets better, and dont tell me you have been - no one will eve believe you. But oersonally I wont be paying attention to you anymore. Im sick of flame wars.

So. Crashes anyone? Also, anyone have a bug reports pagw? I cant find any over google...

5. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Is that the one when you have to outrun armored transport vehicle ? That mission lagged heavily while running trough vents near transporter , also crashed 2 times when I attacked marines near it.Need to replay it to see if that got fixed with update.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Are there any plans to add control customization in the future? The buttons are far too spread out on an iPad imo.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's spread out fine on my ipad mini, but i can see where you are coming from with the larger ipad screen.

8. anouk82

anouk82 Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Mini market
    Athens,Greece
    A big thanks to the the devs for the first update! Replay most of the missions to "feel" the changes,feels more stable now...I said I wanted to see graphics evolve...I noticed some improvements in some effects,like the lights have a more heavy lens flare than before and the character model like predator feels more refined....ill be checking on that more carefully.....anyway keep the good work:)

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah...moving around and resizing buttons is the norm for action games. Surprised (and annoyed) that this doesn't have that feature.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I must admit the auto lock-on is a big improvement.

11. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Wish I could play this game. No money in iTunes account or in wallet. Looks really fun.

12. istako

istako Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    So, next mission, same crashes. Im getting the feeling that half the Alien campign is full of crashes. I havent gotten a single problem with the predators... Now im on the mission with the outrunning of the AOCs and the crashing and the cantgetpassedthismissoning and yeah... No crash report site yet?

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I like the update a lot.
    Auto locking is substantially better and the camera movement when in battle is greatly improved.
    Plus the other tweaks of, say, no damage when performing a special kill, is much better.
    Overall, some very dramatic and important improvements.
    Even more so well worth getting.

14. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    For a future update, you should make it so that in hard mode you can get hurt while in the process of completing an execution. One of the things I liked about the initial version was the cost/benefit decision each time I was faced with the decision to do an execution or not, as I risked getting hit by other enemies and losing health greater than what I would gain. while it was annoying when I wasn't very good, now it just seems too easy as I am breezing through hard mode. It makes sense to keep invulnerability in normal, especially since the executions weren't very responsive and most players would be new to the whole system, but in hard it would go a long way to making the game more challenging.

15. KoRoV

KoRoV Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Also it would be nice to squeze in couple of marine/android missions so we have a full package :D

16. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Oh yeah that is what we meed. USCMC dudes, go big or go home.

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #277 JCho133, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    Hey should I wait to see if this drops to 99c? I feel like there will be some May Day sales or something.

I went for it anyways. Once you get the hang of it this game has a lot of depth!

18. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #278 ImLegend, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
    I found a secret object in level Sawer, any1 know what are they used for? And where are the other location for those secret objects?

Predator: I unlock all the mask, except the first one Classic Mask is never unlock, what do I missed?

The combo is really not that functional, for predator I need to do A pause then quick A+B to finish A+A+B combo, for Alien I need to A pause A pause then B... If there are more than 1 enemies you're fighting, combo never success... feeling frustrated!
    So those side quests need to face a group of enemies become impossible and disappointment to me!
    I know I need to gear up, collect money taking hell long , armor and weapon require from 20k to 100k and earning money from side quest or main story taking about couple k.... Replay value are not that great without preform combo success....

Any suggestion what I doing wrong

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah I think that might be a bug in the new version. I've noticed that combos are now harder to trigger. Kinda kills the experience.

Secret objects are used to unlock a bonus mission. check the level select screen, its at the very end.

the Classic mask should have been unlocked in the story mode. There's a mission where you find it.

20. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    thanks Brrobotix, got the classic mask finally...

Now I stuck on mission 5 restricted factory, how can I pass those mines on the floor and wall???? :confused:
    anyone?
    [​IMG]