Universal AVP: Evolution - (by Fox Digital Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    The update today seems to have fixed this issue for me.

I'll have a go at completing it, now.

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    The alien feels weak to me, any tips on an upgrade path?

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I've made sure I get the full suit of parts (head, body, tail) to gain the full suit bonus. The warrior heavy tail attack is very powerful. The charging pounce (or whatever it's called) is great if you are cornered.

Grind the egg mission to get points (warrior tail kills synths effectively). Buy up some rage boost items to use if you are in trouble.

It can be a bit of grind but I found mixing body bits out made the levels very slightly more interesting.

I found it hard but the warrior bits (especially the tail) are pretty good.

Don't forget to use rage (full suit warrior as rage duration bonuses).

Hope that helps.

4. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Any one has a guess at to what they mean by:
    iOS 7 controller support?

It's pretty weird..

5. HomeFries

HomeFries Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Canada
    IOS 7 has support for physical controllers to be used with games.
    So what it means you will be able to use a controller when they come out to play the game :p Please someone correct me if im wrong but Im pretty sure its what they mean lol.
    Cheers

6. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    English is fun! ;)
    That part I understand. but what secret controllers are they talking about? Tried it with my iCade today and will try it again on iOS 7 but something tells me it's not that...

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    iOS 7 supports gaming controllers that have yet to hit the market

8. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Went to download this game today when it went free and I can't cause I'm not on IOS 7. F'ing stupid

9. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Get it on your computer via iTunes so you'll own it :D

10. Icade is not an ios 7 joystick.

The phantom ios 7 joysticks will probably be coming out soon.

11. Can anyone tell me if the latest update (v1.9.5), has any detrimental effect to the game? I'm always weary when titles go free..

12. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Well, if you're not running iOS7, the update might have some pretty detrimental effects on your game...

DBC

13. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Not Update,if you have just purchase The game time ago,it's free,but they add an IAP €1,79 UNLOCK SIDE MISSIONS,so,if you update,you're side missions not exist anymore,you had to' pay €1,79 IAP for unlock theme,it's a kick in The back for people that have buy this game at full pice,very unprofessional from The devs,i hope they turning side mission in game like first,as update,so,NOT UPDATE!!!

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is what I suspected when I saw the game go free... It's a pitty they don't respect original purchasers. They could have gone the "Payback 2" way and keep two versions in the app store: one free and one paid, both updated at the same time.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #315 Rip73, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    Well, I've a day one purchase and the side missions are not behind any iap.

Edit.
    Interestingly enough, I just booted up the game again and now on a save slot with an unlocked (and played through) side mission, it's looking for the iap to be purchased to play it again.
    That wasn't there earlier today on the updated one that I checked and I was able to play a side mission. The same side mission now can't be played without the iap.
    Interested to see how that happened when it was already an unlocked side mission and I was able to play it earlier on the latest version with no iap purchase notice.
    An over the air iap install like this isn't particularly productive.

16. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    All of the side quests (unlocked pre 4th Nov) on my save file are behind an IAP wall, currently.

I emailed them asking whether my buying it full price before the Earth cooled would mean I had to effectively re buy them.

I wait with baited breath.

17. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    No reply to my email so I emailed this to Apple.

GCRM Case ID : 528457574
    Additional Details:
    Choose the iTunes Store or App Store for your country: United Kingdom
    Item title: Change of terms and conditions
    Order number:
    Additional Comments:
    I purchased AVP: Evolution, v1.0 (12+) Fox Digital Entertainment, Inc. receipt No.167048446107 March 6th 2013 for £2.99. The recent update (as of 6th November 2013) has been a significant change to the state of the game mandating additional payment of £17.88 in IAP to access content that came with the original game that I agreed to buy that is now locked behind the paywall. I have emailed them without redress. I would like a refund: the update did not include any indication that previously accessible content would be restricted. It simply said "Gameplay tweaks, Weapon and Gear enhancements, Minor bug fixes". Can you help me with a refund? Thanks in advance.

Dunno how much this will help.

18. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Wait, so they locked up equipment / missions from original game and replaced them with IAP wall ? I bought game at release and at that time it was only Xeno and Predator points IAPs if I remember correctly, anyway I did finish game and upgraded them both with good gear.
    As I haven't played game for long time, if I download it again , I will be faced with IAP wall to buy game and my stuff again if I got you correctly ?

19. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #319 Larni, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    The gear aquisition seems no different but the side missions (formerly openned up by playing the main story missions) are now £1.49 each.

No doubt they realised one could grind these levels to get honour and xeno points with out having to buy the points as IAP.

So even if you unlocked them before you will have to pay. I did not learn with the update for RR3 and I did not learn with this update so I'm never going to day one update again.

Poor show. It's a real ��������ing shame because I really enjoy having a spin every now and again; but this leaves an really bad taste in my mouth.

ABE: apropos of nothing my wife and I honeymooned in Croatia, we stayed at Bol on Brach and Makarska, it was loverly.

20. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Wow... Shall I not update avp to the latest build? What will u regret... And what will I miss out on? Better content or just more slick gameplay?