Backstab by Gameloft - When revenge is coming, watch your back [Releasing on 23/June]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i3lackDawn

i3lackDawn Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Dungeon Hunter is one of my favorite game series for iOS and to me it doesn't look like it's trying to clone anything. It looks like a normal and original rpg to me.

2. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Actually, it reminds me alot of the PC games Fate and Torchlight. But it certainly is different also. Other people say it is a clone of Diablo.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Gameloft should go back to making java games, its just the same games all over again.

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

uhm, no, why the should they do that? If you think that some of their games are similar it might be because they are in the same game category? Yes, all FPSs usually involve shooting and guns.

5. What they've done is just post some cool art up. They have no idea what kind of game they want to do next, so they post up a single piece of art and some vague sentence and then will sit back and let the ideas come rolling in from the general public. Once they find an idea they like, then they'll actually start developing the game.
    It's been done before here.

6. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    does anyone know when gameloft might unveil a teaser trailer?

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    lol, no. That's a crazy idea. Smaller developers might do that, but not Gameloft. They're probably well into their development cycle by now. On average they take 10-12 months to make each game.

Impossible to tell. I guess it'll be at least another week, maybe 2 or 3.

8. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    So sick of the Gameloft debate. Here are a list of games that Are not clones.

UNO
    Oregon Trail
    Iron Man
    Spider Man
    Tom Clancy HAWK
    TC Splinter Cell
    TC Rainbow Six
    Asphalt Series
    Assassin's Creed
    Terminator
    Brothers and Arms 1 & 2
    Driver
    Shrek Kart
    Rahman
    Settlers
    Earthworm Jim
    Prince of Persia
    CSI Miami
    Blokus*
    Shrek Forever After
    Derek Jeter baseball

There are probably more with some of there less popular games. There sports games cannot be considered clones because there are so many different brands of football, soccer, tennis, etc. Same goes for brain challenge games and puzzle games.

So some games are clones. Who cares, those games are PART of the main reasons why iOS has established itself as a competing games system.

9. You make a great point. And by the way, just for accuracy's sake, it's Rayman 2, not Rahman. I'm pretty sure Rahman is something in a Middle Eastern belief system, but correct me on that part if I'm wrong.

10. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Lol I believe most (if not all I'm not sure) of those games listed are ports, or ios versions of the game. Obviously not clones, but that's cause now gameloft doesn't have to change the name, story and graphics a little so they don't get sued.

11. rhljk14

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    #71 rhljk14, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Agreed some are ports, I'm just responding to the typical "all Gameloft does is make clones".

Yes. I meant Rayman.

I do agree that it is time for Gameloft to make their own original.

I also view Dungeon Hunter, Let's Golf and Rogue Planet as non-clones. Some might even argue "Castle of Magic"

12. Dungeon Hunter = Diablo, Rogue Planet = Advance Wars.

13. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Dungeon Hunter < Diablo, Rogue Planet < Advance Wars.

14. Well, obviously. You know what I mean. :p

15. rhljk14

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    If Dungeon Hunter is a clone of Diablo than so is Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Explorer, Untold Legends, etc.. Just because a game is of the same type doesn't necessarily mean it is a clone. Is every jrpg a clone of Final Fantasy. No, they are different because they presented differently with different stories. Like wise with TBS, Advance Wars wasn't the first, so is that a clone. I think you get my point, every game could be considered a clone if you think about it long enough.

16. ^ Except Gameloft makes games that are blatantly clones. Every original game has some sort of uniqueness that makes it different from everything else. Advance Wars is a TBS game that has militaristic weapons, "cartoony" artwork, and has units that begin with 10HP and does damage in intervals of 1. I can't think of any other TBS game that has those characteristics. However, Rogue Planet copies the AW series' uniqueness almost exactly (except the units begin with 100HP and does damage in intervals of 10), so there is without a doubt in my mind that Rogue Planet is a clone.

Don't even get me started on Modern Combat 2...

17. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    GAMELOFT MAKES CLONES!!!

Get over it already.

18. rhljk14

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Are you paying attention. We are not disputing that. I think everyone agrees with that. Really no way you could argue that. In my original post I just said that it is not all they make.

I here you with the advance wars, I can see it now.

19. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Clones is all they make so their latest game Rainbow six is a clone of what? How about Spiderman or Prince of persia for that matter? And the settlers is a clone of what? To say the all gameloft do is clone is quite a misinformed statement. BTW what's up with all this bashing?

20. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Offtopic:
    Gosh, get your Facts first before you even mention Rogue Planet in that List. It was Published by Gameloft but developed by Agharta Studio

Before calling it a simply Clone of Advance War please do me a favor and at least play the Rogue Planet - FREE Version for some Rounds since Rogue Planet has enough Content to don`t be called a Clone.

Ontopic:

Whatever the new Game of Gameloft might be about I am sure many of us will enjoy Playing it.

Sanuku