Backstab by Gameloft - When revenge is coming, watch your back [Releasing on 23/June]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    Dude read my original post; #68

2. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    Sorry man, I stand corrected.

3. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    OMG what we are really trying to say is that gameloft does not make original, unique games. They clone or port, that's it. So we are trying to figure out what clone or port of a game this will be.

4. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I've never played let's golf but it could be viewed from the screenshots as a Hot Shots Golf clone. Other than that I believe the rest may be original.

5. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    In this day and age what really is unique? Even the appstore sensation tiny wings is not really that original. Anyway I don't want to participate in some nerdy dabate about orinality anymore so I'm out of here.

6. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Lol we're not arguing about originality (though I guess some others are), just wondering what clone/port this game is :)

7. Atischery

Atischery Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Really hope this will be a great ninja game from Gameloft.:)

8. handrewardi

handrewardi Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Rahman is a male name typically found in middle east, nothing to do with one's belief. And yea its Rayman not Rahman. hahaha

9. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Wherever there is Gameloft, there is argument on originality.

10. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Where there is no argument is the quality of games they do deliver.

Usually (and that's the key word), when Gameloft releases a title, it's a
    well oiled machine. They've done a stellar job of not going above $6.99
    for their latest and greatest, which is WAY better than getting a similar
    console experience for $59.99.

11. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    There's a lot of legitimate arguments on why Gameloft games are poor, bad, or terrible. Gameloft supporters always bring this argument to support their point "for an Iphone game it's awesome!" or "you can't complain since it's only a couple bucks!", and personally I completely disagree with that. I'm the person who thinks a game is either good or not regardless of the platform or price or anything.

12. MrThreeCats

MrThreeCats Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2011
    The people have decided with their wallets (or credit cards). Gameloft is a successful company and people buy their games, so they aren't going to stop making clones and licensed games. It is true that they are doing things on the iPhone that other devs are afraid to do, so I applaud them for that. I'm not a fan of their games, I very much detest Gameloft, but I know others are big fans of their games. No point in complaining when your argument is the same thing over and over "dey make clones". People know this, and people don't care.

Anyway, we should get back on topic before this becomes another Gameloft argument topic.

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I don't see any problems with gamelofts support, because there is no real need for support, their games mostly run fine at release. And if there is some major bug they do fix it. For those complaining that they don't update their games enough with content, they never promised any free updates (ok, let's just forget about that one thing with Modern Combat 2, it's just one of many games they made) and their games pretty much always have enough content for the price they are asking.

14. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
  15. lord timmie9

lord timmie9 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    but it said coming to other android devices as well
    so it will come to ios i hope

16. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

It's exclusive to Sony's Xperia Play for one month, so let's hope it comes to iOS later.

17. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I have the feeling gameloft will make no where near as much profit on the Xperia Play compared to iOS...

18. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Holy hell! That does look like a fun game.. shame it's on the Sony first... But I guess once that novelty has worn off and Gameloft loses money compared to iOS, they'll stick to iDevices.

19. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Most likely so. Sony don't have many devices yet in the wild so its highly unlikely to do very well. Sony's likely paying Gameloft for the right to release it 1st to try an entice people to buy their phone. Can't see it working though. If they had COD, probably, but a Gameloft action game just doesn't have the pull.

20. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    So do I.
    Let's hope it eventually comes to iOS.