Backstab by Gameloft - When revenge is coming, watch your back [Releasing on 23/June]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    But it doesn't mention iOS. I suppose it's safe to assume it'll come to iOS, seeing as it's the most popular phone OS for gaming.

Anyway the game looks awesome. And it's original for once (as I predicted). By the looks of those screenshots, it includes some free roaming.

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, it says on blog it's an open world. Just what I've been wanting - pirates and free roam! I hope there is a point to free road, such as riding horses and sailing etc. to find/do mini-quests

4. Der-Kleine

Ok, I can confirm it's comming to iOS, they wrote so in their German Blog Post:

Translated (Not by Google Translate ;) ):

http://blog.gameloft.com/german/index.php/2011/03/22/backstab-fur-xperia-play-angekundigt/

5. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
  6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
  7. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Gameloft today announced a new game called Backstab, which will be launching as a Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY mobile game exclusive for one month before being available on other platforms. We are assuming this will include iOS devices after Sony's one-month exclusivity.

According to Gameloft, Backstab is set in the Carribbean in the 18th century. You play as the swashbuckling Henry Blake, who has been accused of treason and jailed by the British army. The game appears to be a third-person action/adventure game, similar to Sacred Odyssey or Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. We also get a definite "Pirates of the Caribbean" vibe from the characters and setting.

Check out these screenshots for Backstab, which we think are from the Xperia PLAY version. Backstab will be available as a launch title for the Xperia PLAY, and will likely be available next month as an App Store download.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    You're right - its not Unreal. GL said they'd use UE for iOS and as this is not for iOS, it's not unreal!

Date wise - I'd say a release of about mid-May

9. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    So, Gameloft is Backstab-ing iOS by ditching it in favor of Sony huh? Guess they got the name right :p

10. Der-Kleine

Yep, but I'm sure they'll be back on iOS soon. Currently under 1000 users (Just guessing that number for Press and testers!) of the Xperia Play vs. A few hundred million iOS users should say enough.

11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    yeah
    itll b on ios as soon as the month is up

12. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

They don't forget to highlight the fact that it's exclusive for '1-month', so we can hope that it will come to iOS soon after.

13. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    As someone said earlier Gameloft them self said it would come to iOS after the month is up. I guess Sony payed them to release it sooner. I'm not too excited about this game though, but i've never tried a original gameloft game so i might give it a go.

14. lord-sam

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #114 lord-sam, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    Actually, we could look at Sony users as the beta testers for the game, then after the people complain of bugs we get a smooth, stable version.

15. syphercol

syphercol Member

Nov 25, 2010
    #115 syphercol, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
    fail....why would gameloft disappoint so many IOS fans with this Sony exclusive crap. why make money from our IOS fans when we can make a Unreal engine game for the ten people who have an xperia!!!

well at least we got Order and Chaos online to look forward to while they take their time to get their heads out of their asses and bring Backstab to IOS

16. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Because they are mobile game developers, not dedicated iOS developers.

17. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Read the discussion. It's not using the Unreal Engine. Its most probably coming to iOS soon after the 1 month is over.

18. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Even without using UE, it still looking great enough for me.

19. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    yah the graphics do look good enough,those screenshots actually look like design arts only not in-game graphics LOL.....but i have a little doubt on the animation base on the enemies stance :D

20. Creepshow

Creepshow Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #120 Creepshow, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
    OMG what a rude, inconsiderate and crappy thing to say.
    Therefore I give your post +1, screw the competition, hahahahaha!
    iPhone4 > Xperia all day long!