Bad Sales, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by magonicolas, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Singapura

Singapura Active Member

Jun 27, 2010
    First of all I think your game looks great! The name is definitely a problem because it's too long and not catchy. Your hero needs to be the focus therefore I would call it Porky of the Jungle or if you want to ride on the Angry Birds train, why not call it Swinging Hogs? You may also want to make it free for Xmas to boost popularity. Just see this game as an opportunity to establish your main character so your next game can be Citizen Pork with an urban setting. Mario and Sonic needed time too!

2. Nesvand

Nesvand Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Review Editor
    Australia
    I've actually have e-pig rope sitting in my schedule, I just haven't been able to slot it in quite yet (stupid holiday season!).

With regards to the topic: As tronner puts it, with so many Apps out there and a dozen if not more being released every day, it's almost impossible to stand out from the crowd without already having an established name/product. This also presents a problem for reviewers as most sites don't have the manpower or resources to review all the new games and getting a review out there as an unknown independent can be quite hard.

That said, I'm always interested in taking a trip off the beaten track, so we'll see how things go here ;)

3. magonicolas

magonicolas Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Here is the Site of my games: http://www.epiggames.com

4. #24 TWilson, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    Show the gameplay in your Youtube video!! You're only using 1/4 of the screen right now. Drives me crazy :)

The art quality is fantastic though. Best of luck!

5. csch

csch New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    hey man. your game looks neat and your sales on the iPad actually sound really good!
    Have you considered making it FREE for a while? I don't know if your sales will increase but at least your game will get more known and it might catch someones intention to write a review. I have signed up my upcoming game on dailyappdream.com. It's free of charge for developers unlike other programs.