Universal BADLAND - (by Frogmind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 3, 2013.

1. grandmort

grandmort Active Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Welcome aboard Ete P. Tete!
    Great job on CLONESPIKES and REACT!!!
    REACT being probably the most challenging level for clone saving, 78 is very impressive!
    Can't wait to see what you are going to come-up with on DAY II on the spreadsheet.

Don't forget to head to http://badland.gamerz.co, while we keep an eye here on toucharcade, badlands.gamerz is where we are building (or at least trying to) the real BADLAND community. The core guys right now are Matt33 and ogster (the 2 best players in the world!), Wheat1328 and Lunartic (great players and contibutors - Wheat 1328 came-up with the spreadsheet and Lunartic with badland.gamerz) and myself, with maybe a few more lurkers, come on over, you'll be very welcome.

2. ogster

ogster Well-Known Member

nice to have you in here, ete!

and kudos to grandmort and wheat for breaking the 2000 clone mark!

i checked badland.gamerz and it's a very well crafted site. good job, lunartic. i hope to contribute to it.

i've posted my day 1 scores on the spreadsheet. you'll see, grandmort, i followed your lead and took 2 clones home on final frontier. my heart was pounding at the homestretch!

and when i thought i finally beat matt33's day 2, i checked gamecenter and find out i'm short again. matt33, if you don't mind, what do you have on total by the way?

3. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'm currently at 1049. Was at 1045, still quite a few levels I'd like to improve on so it's always subject to change =p

4. ogster

ogster Well-Known Member

thanks matt33, but i was asking about total of days 1 and 2. your score doesn't show on gamecenter. seems there really isn't much point trying to beat your score since you'll just take top spot back ever so quickly. i think your day 1 score remains out of my reach. i have a few ideas but i can't seem to make them work. other than that, i suspect you've maxed out most levels.

cheers!

5. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #485 Matt33, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    Okay, Day I is 1164 and Day II is now 1052 lol. You're not out of reach from my current Day I score. There's a lot of clones out there, north of 1200 is possible for that Day. As for my scores being maxed out, I'm only happy with what I have on 25/40 levels. Granted, 8 of those 15 levels are me wanting a 3 or less clone improvement on them.

6. grandmort

grandmort Active Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks for doing that ogster, soon it will be Matt33's turn! ;)
    Good job on Final Frontier! Now let's do it with 3 (can't be done at the checkpoint, has to be well executed from the very beginning, in a small clone form, and is probably near impossible but...)

North of 1200 is possible for Day I... I just want to cry... This is madness!

Matt33, soon you should be posting your scores, here is 10 reasons why.

1/ You are going to get bored

2/ You are going to get lonely at the top because there is no (or very, very little) chance for anyone to catch-up and figure out exactly where you are getting your clones. Only ogster is very, very close and I'm sure friendly competition with him is not a problem.

3/ You are going to get bored (yes, I insist!)

4/ You are seeing everyone else's scores, some might even be, still, over some of yours by a clone or two (though at this point I doubt it very much), so it would be only fair that everyone else can see your scores.

5/ In any sort of competition, sports, gaming, etc., everyone can see what the other top guy is doing, it is still very hard to reproduce because skills matter; you obviously have tremendous skills, I believe there is no need to be so secretive.

6/ Following the above logic, keep in mind that we are not even asking to see replays of your runs (though that would certainly be very, very nice and most definitely jaw dropping at times), so in essence you still have "protection" as no one can attempt to exactly reproduce a run of yours (and if they did, as I said, it would still take tremendous skills).

7/ The game has 70 levels, soon 80. The amount of work, even if one could see ALL your runs, would be enormous. Few would attempt it, even fewer would succeed matching you, and probably none would surpass you. Only ogster might, and if he did I'm sure it would "fuel you" to look for more clone to save and push the limits of the impossible. In short, that's why you are playing.

8/ You are going to get bored :D

9/ I - we - want to see your scores! (I put your name on the spreadsheet!)

10/ Somewhere inside, you want us to know and see your scores. You've already now finally shared your global counts for DAY I and II, I want to thank you for that.

In closing I'll say this: on some levels ogster share a few secrets with me, which in turn I shared with (Zack)Wheat1328, yet some of the techniques involved to achieve what's possible still elude us and / or are still very hard to properly execute. Bottom line, advance Clone Saving in BADLAND is very hard, takes time, patience and skills, even when you know what to do.

...And I, for one, don't have time to REACT that much ;)

7. grandmort

grandmort Active Member

Oct 13, 2013
    After re-reading my post I want to add that this is not to put any pressure on you Matt33, even if what I said comes out a little bit like it (or at least see it as "friendly pressure").

I'm mentioning you Matt33, well, because you are at the top, but the way I feel and what I try to express is of course applicable to all top players out there. I know ogster finally posted his DAY I scores and I believe we also need to thank him for that.

On a side note, Lunartic is reminding me that we should really get going and "move" these kind of long posts and topics to the badland.gamerz.co forums, I couldn't agree more. I think we are all keeping an eye on this thread on toucharcade - and it's fine - but if we want this community to flourish, let's move on over to badland.gamerz, register (who those who haven't) and post away!

Thanks all!

8. ogster

ogster Well-Known Member

not very serious

reason # 11

as good citizens of badland, we have a duty to bring as many clones home as possible. these tireless and brave clones, of all shapes and sizes, the fast ones and the slow ones, the bouncy ones and the sticky ones, the spinners, of both clockwise and counter-clockwise inclinations, all of them. they get squashed, sawed, poisoned and left behind to do our bidding. they die by the thousands everyday, yet they do not complain. they need our help. they all need to be saved. we cannot save them all. most will perish. but we need to come together and help each other save those that we can. well, maybe not that gungho one that's always in a hurry in SQUARED (he can die for all i care).

i don't know, however, what to make of the clones in multiplayer. they're a weird bunch. they just can't get along.

9. grandmort

grandmort Active Member

Oct 13, 2013
  10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Hahaha

Here's where I'm at with the spreadsheet...I plan on adding mine once I feel confident enough in my totals to make them public and in a sense say, here they are, but good luck passing them. That's why only my Day I Dawn levels are added. I don't see the rush, mine are pretty similar to ogster's. I'm trying to finish 3 levels in Noon before adding those, but they're a pain!

11. grandmort

grandmort Active Member

Oct 13, 2013
    DAY II NIGHT IS OUT!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::):):)

12. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    This should win Game of the Year. Seriously, what more can one ask for?

13. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Wow! Frogmind are still releasing updates for an already impressive game.

14. Apokalypso

Apokalypso Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Ok I've found a bug in the first level of the new Day II Night update that just came out.
    Ok since I can only post one photo at a time bear with me.
    This first photo is where you have to be for the glitch to happen.

Attached Files:

15. Apokalypso

Apokalypso Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Ok once you're there those big black.....circles will crush you, but you don't always get killed. Sometimes you're shot out there other side, like this:

Attached Files:

16. Apokalypso

Apokalypso Active Member

Sep 11, 2012
    And sometimes you're jammed into the scenery unable to move but you're not dead:

Attached Files:

17. yanzhllwc

yanzhllwc Member

Nov 28, 2013
    It's really an art:)haha

18. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I heard that day 2 is the final update..

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    There can be only one! Just got the Highlander achievement.

The new levels are soooooo good. The theme and level design for 'Fluffy' blew me away. You guys have stepped up your game, I think the Day II Night levels might have the least amount of room for total clone saves next to Day I Dawn.

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Awwww, but 3 is such a nice round number *hint hint, Frogmind* ;)