iPhone Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Trayray, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    They should have ported "Temple Of Elemental Evil". That one had full-blown TB combat.

2. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Precision wasn't the issue for me. More the fact that everything was too small to see. I had to tap everywhere to see what was loot and what was trash. To me they were indistinguishable from each other.. :)

3. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    That's true. Forgot to mention that.
    There's probably loads more differences between the two games, but certainly Avernum owes a lot to BG.

4. IcarusFly

IcarusFly Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Music teacher, administrator of a home for abandon
    USA
    Oh man, I just saw this on their website.

It has now been delayed until Nov 30th
    Here is the forum comment from Trent Oster:

"Dear Friends of Baldur’s Gate,

When we first announced Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, You set fire to our servers and we were overwhelmed by the huge wave of support from the fans of the original game.

Once the fires had subsided, thousands of you posted suggestions and requests on our forums. Dozens of volunteers from all over the world helped us improve game play, squash bugs, and generally fine-tune the game. Even more came to help work on translations from English to more than 16 other languages.

Executing on our plan to make the best Baldur’s Gate possible and responding to that overwhelming feedback, we’ve added new characters, areas, and story, creating many new hours of game play. Yet the suggestions, fixes, and translations continue, and more volunteers keep joining.

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we've decided to ensure that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our release date is now November 30th, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.

-Trent
    Trent Oster
    President, Overhaul Games"

here is a link to their fourms:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4796/ship-date-delay

does anyone know if this is for iOS version? I was really looking forward to this for next week!

5. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #185 violentv, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Nooooooooo :<
    Oh well.. better for it to come out all shinier and juiced up I guess.

6. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    sucks.. oh well, at least i can quit checking the thread for a couple on months.:(

7. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    worst news this week...period.

8. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Man, you said it. It's made worse by the fact that the the TA guys already have a build of it. They mentioned it on the most recent podcast. It was playable and everything. I just KNEW we were getting that game next week...

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Well... That's a big bummer.... I was all set for it for next week.... :(
    Oh well... Better be 100% ok, than to have an update every other day in Itunes, which could be a 2Gb download every time..

I just really hope that they made the font somewhat bigger...

10. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Noooooo! Well, it's going to be a long wait, but if it comes out bug-free and with great graphics then it will have been worth waiting the extra months for.

11. Amerik Masters

Amerik Masters Active Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Bay Area, California
    Yea the delay is for all versions. Bummed out as I really looked forward to this release. Maybe they know iOS 6 is going to have bugs at first or they don't want to go head up with Infinity Blade Dungeons.

@IGN: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition gets delayed :( http://t.co/hUMf2zBr

12. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    lol...
    I don't think they have to worry about that. The bulk of their sales will probably come from the PC/MAC version anyway.

13. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Damn!!
    This is the worst news I've gotten all year.
    Got an email from Beamdog while I was at work, informing me that the game is delayed until Nov. 30.
    It killed the whole day for me...

I was really looking forward to this. No other game have had me this excited. Ever.
    :(

Well, it can't have been an easy decision for them to delay the game, so I applaud them for their guts to do so, where others might have released a game filled with bugs.

It's gonna be a loooong two and a half months.

14. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Urghhh... Shades of Star Command, Sword of Fargoal 2, and... Infinity Blade Dungeons. All awesomeness which has been taunted, teased and denied.

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Nnnnnnnooooooooooo!!!After the disappointment of the IBD launch and now this...Sigh,I know it's for the better but teasing players like that is a bummer..:(

16. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Not sure how most of you give the devs a pass for a 2.5 month delay. They just found out 4 days before launch that it isn't ready:rolleyes: really????!????

Embarrassing.

17. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #197 Bytebrain, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    They didn't "just" find out 4 days prior to release.
    They thought they could make it for a long time, but in the end, they had to face the truth, they wouldn't be able to make it on time.

Then they had to talk to 3 or 4 different companies who holds the rights to different parts of the franchise before they could get permission to delay, which took time, before they could inform the public.

Not ideal, but they don't own any part of the Baldur's Gate franchise, so Overhaul/Beamdog have to go through a lot of legal stuff everytime something changes in the proces due this fact.

Now, they may have been able to finish the game before Nov. 30., but setting the release date almost 3 months ahead, they're given themselves time to be absolutely sure so they don't disappoint us all again whith a delay.

I believe it was a brave move, and I agree it sucks big time, and it would have been better if they'd realized they couldn't make it earlier, but really, even if we were told 2 weeks ago, it would have made no difference, there'd be people angry and disappointed anyway.

Thankfully, most people on the official forums are very supporting, which I think the Devs really need, they weren't happy about this at all either.

If people are curious, there's posts scattered there by some of the Beta testers, who have been sharing some of the problems that occurred close to release date, and it's interesting reading, and brings insight into the reasons for the delay.

The Devs didn't have a choice in the matter.

This way, we will get the awesome game were hoping for, instead of a release filled with game breaking bugs.

18. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Things always pop up last minute in an engineering environment. The difference is, these guys are taking the high road and delaying the release as opposed to Gokoing their way through the issues.

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    So if/when will this be coming out in November?

20. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Look a few posts earlier. Nov 30th I guess...