iPhone Baldur's Gate Enhance Edition for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Trayray, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Modding has nothing to do with the App Store -- it's all about the file system of the game itself (whether it matches the one on the original PC game).

You can mod the mobile GTA3, for example.

2. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Is there a release date for this?

3. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Reading through their twitter posts the other day, they are still on track to ship sometime before Sept. 21.

4. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    great news another quality game porting over

5. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    thanks!

6. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    You're welcome :)

It's an exciting year for RPG fans. Baldur's Gate, Ravensword 2, The Shadow Sun, Pocket Heroes, etc. I can't wait!

7. fr33z33

fr33z33 Member

May 22, 2012
    Trent Oster (@TrentOster)
    22.6.2012 16.36
    We're projecting around 1.2G for iPad. Just to be sure, try and save 1.5G, you know how projections can go.

Trent Oster (@TrentOster)
    22.6.2012 20.23
    We're shrinking the install size of the game through compression. Codecs have come a long way in the last 12 years.

To answer the questions on the install size (note: not only the download size). I think this is awesome, since the original BG + sword coast was way larger.

8. Keret

Keret Member

Jul 8, 2012
    must buy for me :D

Original Baldurs gate was ....you know, that kind of game :D

9. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Hope it comes soon.

I can't wait for this as I gave away my originals to a student a few years ago. I am going to be taking a few long plane trips pretty soon and I would rather play this on my iPad than Monster Hunter on the Vita.

Let's hope for a release soon. And thanks to the bioware employee that told me to wait for something good. This counts I think!

10. Bloober_team

Bloober_team Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I love Baldur's Gate series and I must admit - I'm waiting for this title, especially for iPad. Old game in new form ;)

11. parranoya

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Timing?

Would it not be better to release a game before August instead of eating for September? My thinking is that more people, students, are on vacation and have more time and disposable cash. Most universities and schools are in full swing in September and there is less free time in North America. Or is my thinking completely off.

either way i shall be purchasing this on day 1 of its release.

Can't wait!

12. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011

That would be great but there's one thing-the game is still in development (being ported that is). And TBH, I'm kind of skeptical even about the september release. Don't get me wrong, I want to relive my memories and finally play a true D&D game on my iPad, but it seems there is a lot to be done for BG to run, play and look good on an iPad. Even though there was a working build several months ago, don't forget how huge is BG.

Still, eagerly anticipating BG (and the sword coast exp that comes with it). This piece of art can't come sooner.

13. cloud tiger

cloud tiger Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2012
    UK
    I would be VERY surprised to see this game in September. In fact I would be pleasantly surprised if I saw it this year.

I'm also very much looking forward to it but as Deathrow said said its a huge game.

Like all things you're really looking forward too better to just try and forget about Baldurs Gate until it turns up.

Better to get the finished article. We don't want another Gratuitus Space Battles......

14. dmyers

dmyers Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    The official site has been updated with a new countdown clock ( <40 hours until an announcement).
    http://baldursgate.com

15. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Great, if they tell us price and release date the game must be nearly finished.

16. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    happy!

17. parranoya

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    yeah!

<24hrs - probably Edmonton time. So that makes it noon tomorrow! Hopefully it is not just a release date but the release date.

18. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I wonder how much 24hrs would be over here in the old world

19. parranoya

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #99 parranoya, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    assumption

Well lets see. You are from the "Old World" so I must assume your brick is older than my brick. You probably name your houses....and like fish and chips since you have responded in English. Si halbas espanol, esto no va a cambiar mucho...creo. Si vous parlez francais. Puis baise vous. Sorry I have no idea how to do accents. So many languages so little practice on international keyboards.

So I shall assume you are from and island nation...but wait! What is the difference between and island and a continent. Hmmmm. Or wait..what is the defintion of a planet? Ni modo.

Watch the timer. 13:33:32 as of ......now.

Oh wait....I get it! How long is 24 hours! it is 0.10169492 fortnights away! Yeah for public education. Stay in school my friend. I don't usually reply to post but when I do it is here on Toucharcade.com.

20. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    less than 12 hours :)