Universal Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - (by Beamdog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 29, 2012.

1. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Thanks for the thoughts. I have bumped Avernum to number 2. I really want to play it cause I loved Avadon. And Ravensword will just have to wait.

Now I just need to decide if I'm going the cavalier or blackguard route. Hmmm.

2. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I was pretty annoyed with the bugs at first but have to say the more I play it the more forgiving I am. I'm just having a great time with my first playthrough. Can certainly see why this is up there with the best of RPGs.

3. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Just a small off-topic then, since I'm actually playing through Avadon - which I started before BG was released, in order to warm up.

Which of the Avernums should I get first? Should I play BG before the Avernums? I was kind of planning it that way, since BG is... BG :) But I'm loving Avadon much more than I expected, so I want to go back to one of Spiderweb's games in the future - or maybe Avadon 2, if it's out by then!

4. ProgPariah77

ProgPariah77 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    To continue off-topic for a moment: anyone know if Spiderweb is prepping (or porting) any more iOS RPGs? I'm well into BG, and will likely finish long before BG2 is out ...

5. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I read they're working on developing Avadon 2, I guess I assumed it was coming to iOS, but now that you ask, I'm not really sure...

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Did you know that Avernum 6 HD had been released for quite a while, so you can add that to your queue...

7. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    I believe the policy is pretty much set that all future Spiderweb games will come to iOS.

8. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    With Apple

As a developer the best you can do is submit your update to Apple so good on the Baldur's Gate team for getting the update submitted, of course you should start working on the next update immediately after submitting so the lag is not so long between updates, especially where bugs are concerned.

9. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    App is in Review, so it could be out any minute..

10. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Good news!

Onto a question, if you purchase the Neera and Dorn add-ons for a game already in progress will those characters be available? Or only for new games?

11. famousringo

Jul 25, 2011
    Wish I could answer that, but I just threw as much money as I could at Overhaul as soon as I could. :D

12. tarek

tarek Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Well to be honest I got the Neera pack straight away; but didn't know if I'd even use Dorn.

Then I've just started a 2nd game with a Lawful Evil Blackguard, so I'm thinking maybe Dorn could come in handy.

What's everyone's opinion on playing a good vs evil character? It seems like the evil NPCs are much cooler IMO.

13. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Back when I played this game on PC, I played a mixed party. You have to manage your reputation so that it doesn't get too high for the evil folk and there are a couple of conflicts between specific good and evil characters that can lead to one of them killing the other, but it is fairly easy to forsee if you are paying attention.

But otherwise having a mixed party results in most NPC dialog and in most funny dialog. And yes, evil characters are often both hilarious and bad-ass. I can't recommend the evil dwarf strongly enough ;). For the best effect add the good dwarf when you come across him and watch the feathers fly... figuratively speaking.

14. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yes, they'll be available, I'm quite sure I've read that in the official forums.

15. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
  16. famousringo

Jul 25, 2011
    Yeah, it feels like the evil NPCs were made more powerful because having a low reputation makes goods more expensive and because being a jerk tends not to get you nice quest rewards.

Dorn is a total wrecking ball, BTW. Absurd amounts of damage. Not the toughest warrior, though, so I suggest teaming him with Kagain and sending the dwarf in first.

17. Kalafina

Kalafina Member

Jan 23, 2013
    That's true.
    Best party: Charname,Imoen(Good),Kagain(Evil),Viconia(Evil),Edwin(Evil),Coran(Good)

18. ccc001

ccc001 New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Update for iOS 5.1 is out now. Been waiting for this forever (it feels like). Downloading now and can't wait to get into the game.

19. Andellyn

Andellyn Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Are you sure they just updated the manuals? The ones up there now match the ones I downloaded a month ago from the same link (last update timestamps and file sizes both match).

20. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Still crashing every 4-6 mins of play.

Deleted it now and in the process of contacting apple about a refund.

I know you ipad3-4 people will flame me but the creators of this could learn a hell of a lot from Dungeon Lore, good rpg, few bugs, good price.