Universal Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition by Beamdog

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    There's two "real" shadows in there, if i remember correctly. So you'd have to do a combination of both. :p

2. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Ah fair enough, that's why I thought both worked, because I did a combination by chance. Either way it's not actually that hard, certainly not 'game breaking'.

3. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Ha! Ha! A guy just asked me not to let on to his wife that he was having an affair so I went and told her!! So she went and caught him with some tart and got into a fight with her and the tart killed her! Ha! Ha! I feel so guilty now!! How'm I going to sleep tonight??

4. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Is it possible to dual class a fighter into a blackguard, to get the additional weapon profs?

5. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    If you want a little easier UI check out this thread. The original modded has abandoned but I will hopefully have an update on this soon.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/462790/#Comment_462790

6. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Don't know but it's easy enough to find out. New characters in BG2 start with loads of experience, and are immediately leveled-up so you can find out without any real investment of time.

7. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Paladins cannot dual class.

8. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Faster than I expected, I have updated the main GUI to move the pause and save buttons to more convenient thumb locations on the left and the highlight and select all on the right.

Here is the link on the baldur's gate forums. Let me know what you think.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29837/gui-icon-mod?new=1

9. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Does it work like that in the current D&D ruleset? I know the one NG is based off of is sort of archaic

10. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    No, it's second edition. A quick and easy way to see what class can dual class to another is to look at the multiclass combos. Dual class can do any of those (besides the 3 class combos) with most kits. Of course, you will also need to have a stat minimum in order to dual class as well.

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    What?! Noooooo!
    I already took a peek into Watchers Keep, god dammit D':

12. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I reloaded a saved game and restarted throne of Bhaal a few times and it doesn't disappear every time, and when it does seems to be related to bags of holding or inventory overload. Also, Beamdog customer support responded by email and offered to doctor a saved game file to put the item back.

Just put it in your inventory, check for it when you start the expansion, and contact Beamdog if it vaporizes.

13. truthwritten

truthwritten Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Wewt! Finished my first full playthrough as a good F/M. Final team of Charname, Imoen, Anomen, Keldorn, Jaheira, and ?????? (from ToB). Had a blast and now on an evil playthrough with a Monk protag. Going to pickup Korgan, Edwin, Hexxat, and Viconia and keep Jaheira.

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Phew, thanks for clearing this up. I would rather have a console in the iPad version :/

15. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    My dual class berserker 7/ thief 13 isn't gaining thac0 as he levels. He should get thac0 reduction every other level as a thief right? His thac0 hasn't improved in quite a few levels :(

16. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Need to revisit this already... I have a maxed out Paladin from the first game still waiting at the copper coronet... Lots of nice new games, haven't had the chance to start this one up again lol.

17. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Under dual class rules, you use the better of your two classes THAC0 scores. They aren't cumulative in any way.

Level 7 warrior gets a base THAC0 of 14, which you would have gained access to once you hit level 8 in thief. Thief only just hits THAC0 14 at level 13, so your thief combat prowess has finally caught up to your warrior skill. When you hit level 15, your base THAC0 should finally drop a point.

So to sum up your combat skill once you dual class from warrior to thief:

Level 1-7: Crappy noob thief THAC0.
    Level 8-14: Hooray hacky slashy level 7 warrior THAC0.
    Level 15+: Back to backstabby high level thief THAC0.

18. Heavnsix

Apr 22, 2012
    Awesome thanks for the help! I was worried I'd have to re-roll as multiclass

19. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Could this possibly come to Android tablets? It'd be great to have on my Nexus 7 (2013).

20. raposo777

raposo777 Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Sorry,
    I admit i am a bad player....
    But i really love this game but i got stuck unable to kill Thaxll'ssillyia
    I know it is the easiest of dragons.... But any trick would be welcome
    Thank you for not laughing...
    R7