Universal Banana Kong - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

three environments: dash on vines to reach treetops

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I really like this, wonderful art and excellent controls.

3. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    I like monkeys at the zoo

4. Future777

Patreon Studio

Thanks BazookaTime! :)

5. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    yeah, I've reached this one but I did not include it because it feels more like a short bonus stage whereas the underground feels more like an other world.

6. Future777

Patreon Studio

Ok..just wasn't sure you discovered it already. Remember to swipe down for higher jumps/bounces in treetop area. You can stay there for quite a while

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Treetops are where the bananas are! Get there and upgrade the giraffe.

8. kelsteo

kelsteo Member

May 21, 2012
    the trailer itself showing potentiality of game. it made me crazy to play... let me see how m playing ..

9. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Another endless runner...yawn..

Seriously, this should have been made into a platformer.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #50 Exact-Psience, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    The game is very enjoyable however i have one thing to point out that may improve the game... The swipes are conflicting with the jump right now if you dont have the proper requirements to execute the swipes. Example... trying to dash without having enough bananas will make you jump. Swiping down too coz i have to try swiping down a couple times to get off some ledges because my initial touch registers a jump instead.

How about a separate jump button, then everything else is a swipe-anywhere?

EDIT: Great game, and i think the controls work just fine as it is now as i may have been doing something wrong previously, but a different control option never hurt anyone before. Also, i've just dropped in $2 IAP to thank you guys in a great effort for something new, and to give me an initial boost in the game as well. cheers!

11. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I agree with your first assessment of the controls. I have the same problem.
    A jump button would be a great addition.

12. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Bought it this morning and been playing for 2 hours now.
    One of the best endless runners i think!
    Only minor thing for me is the bananas drop rate. It's a little on the low side, so you have to grind forever to upgrade things.

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I remember buying Donkey Kong Country from Woolworths for £60. This game brings back fond memories, and is very fun. Thank you! :)

14. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I totally agree with that...
    Not enough envs to make the grinding enjoyable enough...
    What about an in-game multiplier? (in SP, you must collect stars of the same color. so let's say 1 star does nothing, 2 stars multiplies by 1.25, 4 by 1.5, 6 by 1.75,etc).

Also the speed increases too quickly once you ran more than 1200,1300 meters...

I vote too for a jump button.

Also, the sliding down technique is almost useless right now IMO as the place where it could be useful is too short.
    ---
    Thanks for the advices too btw!
    The giraffe is mine now but I can't fly high enough to get any bananas...
    Toucan is more enjoyable/profitable for me!

15. Future777

Patreon Studio

#55 Future777, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks, Andy I'm glad to hear that. :)

@All thanks for your feedback!

The trick to get lots of bananas is to reach the animals or treetop area. Swipe down in treetop to jump higher. (BTW: Use the swipe down during normal gameplay,too - to drop fast during jump and dodge quicker.)

Higher levels of the toucan give x2 and even x3 bananas + magnet you'd be surprised how much banana can be collected. Start with rainbow banana upgrade, then upgrade boar and toucan.

Always check for missions, some missions give 800 bananas

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I thought of that... I was going for the Toucan first, seeing all those abilities, but the rainbow banana will be the choice. :)

17. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I disagree about the grinding part.
    I can't see there's any grinding in this game...
    Collecting bananas and saving up for better power ups is the game..

If we get lots bananas too early, the challenge will be too low, and the longevity of the game will be shortened.

As for the environments available, I'm enjoying what we have - three separate environments, yes I count the treetops as a separate environment.. I can travel quite far with my Giraf upgraded 3 times and the "slidedown to jump higher" ability, (which ought to be explained in the tutorial).

In my humble opinion, the developer have nailed the endless runner for me with this game.

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This worth my buck?

19. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    As my point of comparison is Stylish Sprint, which countains about 12 different envs, power ups to modify your character look&feel&power, a LOT of in game power ups/power downs,etc, I feel this one is lacking a bit.

I like the atmosphere and it is fun but I don't see my self playing it for that long.

What I like in an endless runner is to reach a better perf and having fun while trying to do so.

but there are some frustrating stuffs:

- The rope just followed by a block.

- The falling tree coming out of nowhere.

- A run is short (This may be because I am bad at it though, can't get more than 1500m for now)

- If I think to myself, man, going to have to play it 20 more times before getting ONE upgrade, I loose interest very quickly...

but I assume some others will feel that it is the funniest part of the game.
    Perhaps I will find it more fun once I unlock a few power ups and that I can run longer

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Absolutely