Universal Banana Kong - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 23, 2013.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #101 metalcasket, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Future777, any chance we could see Banana Kong in full retina glory on iPad?

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    If you've been playing for a while and only getting 100 bannas per run, you're obviously doing it wrong. The dev and other users have given tips on how to gain more bananas. Personally I'm getting between 400-500 bananas easily, and the Toucan and Boar are still only at level one.

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Wow then I'm definitely doing something wrong too xD

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Haha, just enter the cave and jump on the boar, it's a banana feast :p

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I and many others here dont have a problem with coins at all, I would say that this is the least grindy endless runner there is, really apart from freemium, try Endless Road and see the difference for example.

Already unlocked almost all abilities and had to reinstall it once and have to do everything again... also there is a lot of TapJoy offers, 500 bananas for rating the game on the store (first I hear about it, call it generosity) to help you get comfortable enough. There is plenty of bananas on the treetops, with the boar, and a lot more... You should upgrade the rainbow banana and the magnet first. Maybe its that, or power dash while in a liana to get to the treetops where the coins are, or completing missions that gives you bananas,.... there is many ways to get coins. IMHO.

The Tucan ability costs so much because it has:

Level 1: Survive 1 hit
    Level 2: Additional Magnet
    Level 3: Double Coins
    Level 4: Triple Coins

That animal is overpowered... at level 4 it sucks all the coins in... if they gave it cheap you will get everything fast and game over.

6. Torkin

Torkin Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Thanks for the tip, didn't know the swipe down thing. Maybe it will help a bit ;)

7. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Just bought this... couldn't resist the music any longer xD

it's my third try and i already got a 350 banana run on the caves =O that boar is awesome xD

I recently bought Time Surfer and find that game to be too difficult... but this one is just perfect imo :D

8. King hAPPy

King hAPPy Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2012
    That's funny, I don't think I am good at these games, yet Ian in the top 50 for time surfer and have unlocked heaps, I'm not getting 350 bananas, I'm getting 350 metres, in time surfer I get 5000 runs.

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, the game's gorgeous. The 2D artwork is just beautiful. But honestly, I got bored with it quick. It's a very barebones runner when you get right down to it. It has some high points here and there, but it lacks polish and panache in the gameplay department.

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Ahh, that's your problem then. :D
    The tutorial really ought to mention this, as it's all but impossible to get big time banana score without using the downward dash swipe.

I'm guessing that you'll be getting a lot more enjoyment out of the game now.
    :)

11. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    [SIZE="43"A request for the developer[/SIZE].

I'm having quite a bit of issue with the extremely sensitive swipe action in your game.
    Lots and lots of deaths have been because I'm jumping and trying to glide, and I move my finger maybe a fraction, maybe a millimeter or so, imperceptible to me, and I inadvertently perform a downward swipe, often resulting in death by water, crocodile, log etc., other times just the loss of a lot of bananas in the treetops.

Will you please consider the following.
    Either:

A: Remove the touch to jump, and leave us with swipe up for jump, down for downward dash.

B: Make the swipe action a lot less sensitive.

C: All of the above. (What I would be most happy with).

Other than that, I really enjoy your game!
    :)

12. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

We have the assets but need to find a better compression to fit all into 50MB.
    Definitely considering that for future updates

@Bytebrain: Thanks for your feedback. We'll do some more tests with the swipe. But swipe to jump would not work because the reaction would be too slow. Imagine the gorilla would only react when your finger drew a distance compared to immediately when you touch the display.

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I agree about no swipe to jump. I don't think it would work.

I do, however, again suggest the option for an all buttons, no swipe control scheme! :D

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Huh this isn't retina!?! I'm playing on iPad4 and it looks pretty damn beautiful to me? I can't wait to see an improved version.

How about how last knight does the controls, split the screen so a tap on one side would jump/dash and a swipe on the other side would dash down?

Personally I'm not having a problem with the controls but that's just a suggestion.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... the swipe to dash down on the other side should just be a tap then. :D

16. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh yeah lol I didn't even notice that :rolleyes: was just suggesting a different setup :D

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    That theme song is so catchy.

18. astridprinter

astridprinter Member

Jan 16, 2013
    The anticipation is killing me!!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wait... what? It's out. Enjoy it already!

20. Yeah, I will try that too, had no clue you could do this. Maybe it will help me not go bananas, haha ;)