Universal Batman Arkham City Lockdown - (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 7, 2011.

1. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    That`s some great news :D

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #362 backtothis, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Wow, sweet new update. Poison Ivy, Robin, challenge missions, retina for iPad, and more. Out now. Going to resync this since I haven't played it since when it was first released.

Expands to 1.64 GB now.

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    An already great game just keeps getting better.

4. Update is officially up, downloading it right now

5. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Does it work for you? It crashes on my 4S :(

6. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Just try one fight against Joker, and yes, it works well (on 4S / iOS 5.1).

7. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Love the fact that their adding new missions, characters.

Awesome game. I'm finding the frame rate is slower, lags on the 4G ipod touch.

Good thing I own a 4S iphone.

8. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Is the framerate slower on iPhone 4? If so, I won't update now (until there's an optimisation fix) or until I feel like to. Got Bug Princess 2 to keep me busy for now :D

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Since the Update is out I thought some of you might be interested how this one might look on the new iPad:

Note:

Those strange Lags during the Tutorial are because of the Recordings and I had those on every iDevice i do own. I don`t know what the Game is loading during that Moment but it does slow down the Frames on the iPad, iPad 2 and even the new iPad.

10. I'm hugely dissapointed by this update

I mean, I love how they made what was one of the most beautiful games on my iPod even more beautiful (I'm serious, some of that iPad got mixed with my iPod, its gorgeous), and new comics to read, and the challenges

It's just the Poison Ivy boss fight is unable to load..and that was the main thing I was looking forward to in this update

Listen, if you own an iPod touch 4th Gen, and you havent put the new update on it yet, then save yourself 400mb for now and wait for a bug fix

11. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah, it always crashes before I can load the ivy fight on my iPad 1 too. But they did add some cool challenge missions and you can fight Ivy's henchmen atleast

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    iPod Touch 4 -> The game crashes a lot.

13. Drewskii

Drewskii Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Student
    I'm level 40 with a fully upgraded Batman. I beat Robin without getting touched and I 3 three starred all of the challenges.

I am disappointed in the fact you can't play as robin but instead fight him. It would be great if they added robin, nightwing, and catwoman as playable characters.

14. JEABOI

JEABOI Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Who else was shocked at the Kano boss fight?

15. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Has this added any other game elements or is it still just the fighting? (like Infinity Blade)

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Every boss fight has some gimmick. Two Face has batarangs controlled by the accelerometer, Solomon Grundy has chase sequences, Deathstroke is a game of hand-to-hand tug of war, the Joker requires you clean goop off your face, and Harley Quinn has mooks coming at you rapid fire, plus batarangs.

Not really intuitive, kind of gimmicky, but still fun. Each boss is kind of like No More Heroes, but less character.

17. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Is it just me or is the Robin boss fight ridiculously hard? He just smacks me with his effin stick and I don't even get a chance to block it cuz it's that fast.

18. JEABOI

JEABOI Active Member

May 26, 2011
    Anyone know the ENEMY level cap in this game? I'm kind of getting tired of the game resetting and locking the bosses again after defeating the Joker.

19. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    #379 brerlappin, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
    The new update rocks!

20. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Yeah, he's really hard. Punches hardly make a dent. And four hits from him and you are history. I am getting tired of Ivy telling me I am getting old... Looks like I am going to need to grind a bit with other bosses and get better armour.