Battle Academy 50% off!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Couldn't agree with you more. I don't know if Xcom will be a day one purchase, but I will be buying it at full price.

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    About Pacific campaigns: rarely do tactical-level wargames include both the Western theater and the Pacific. You'll find that in grand strategy/operational level wargames like Hearts of Iron. One theater of war was dominated by armor, the other by naval units (not including airplanes). It's probably quite difficult modelling a tactical seaborne battle in a game focused on armor and infantry. Unless you only want the land battles available...I would think a mod (if this game is moddable) could take care of that.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The only way that could happen is if we made them all Transformers so the tanks and ships can fight in giant robot mode... :)

4. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Reminds me of one of my all time favorites (bet you've never heard of it), R.A.D. (Robotic Alchemic Drive) for the PS2.

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Sounds familiar... Haven't played it as no PS2.

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I loved that game! I remember hating the camera as it was hard to get to a position where you could see what your robot was doing but still it was studpidly fun to bash a giant robot in the middle of a city.

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    That was part of what made the game unique...the fact that were an average sized human remotely piloting a giant robot.

OT, via Matrix Games' website, the last day of the sale either today or tommorrow.

8. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    We had such a good response to the sale that we wanted to make sure nobody missed out. We have decided to keep Battle Academy 50% off for an additional week. If you haven't picked it up yet I recommend you do. This is probably the only sale you'll see on this game!

9. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ian...Any way there could be an update which incorporates the PC tutorial into the ios version? Maybe by way of a downloadable campaign? It's much more comprehensive.