Battle Bears Royale: Online Battle Bears Game by SkyVu!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Happy Birthday!!! :D

hmm. Battle Bears vs Ninjas? :eek::D:p

2. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

OH HI!

It's so hard to convince people online that you haven't passed away or that you have NOT been replaced by a pod person.

I must stress that Lt. Action has NOT been replaced by me, a Pod Person, because I am Lt. Action.

To further distract you from and convince you of this fact I submit, for the approval of the Midnight Society, a new blog post regarding BBR and Wil's Finest Hour! :D

http://www.battlebears.com/blog/2011/9/16/battle-bears-royale-riggs-the-heavy-class.html

See? Not a pod person. Pod People are incapable of making unique forum posts in succession, like me, a real not-a-pod person.

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    whow.. awesomeness ;)

4. Lt. Action

5. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    That's great news! I can't wait for the this game. Going to be a blast playing it on the iphone 4S.

6. Lt. Action

#87 Lt. Action, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
    INDEED.

It has been a loooong time coming. Many hours testing, INFINITELY more developing but FINALLY. It's finally ready.

We're launching with *FIVE*countem*FIVE* classes:

Oliver: Soldier Class
    Riggs: Heavy Class
    Huggable: HUGGABLE Class
    Tillman: Explosives/Demolition Class
    Astoria: Sniper Class

Updates for new classes, weapons and costumes are ALL planned so, you know, you should probably download it.

Also, it's FREE, so please feel free to not pay for it.

All play extremely differently (as the SHOULD) and have vastly varying weaponry all teaming with the humor and charm you've come to love <3

Royale is pending approval and I am pending pooping myself from sheer excitement; I know I'm not alone in this.

7. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    So it won't be for 2nd gen???

8. MKingery

MKingery Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Artist
    Omaha NE
    correct

9. jared9876

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
  10. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Is the game free due to having IAP? or Free because it's a Freemium model?
    I really hope its free due to being new and having IAP which I would support, However I'm really going to be disappointed if I need to break the bank just to play the game or wait X amount of hours just to play a few games.

Sorry If it was discussed earlier in the thread. Looking forward to trying it out.

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i agree i have every bear game he has made but wont do the freemium stuff.. which will be to bad, i dig the bears.
    chris.

12. Lt. Action

Gentleman, I'm so sorry, I don't know how to tell you this but the model we're following with BBR is closer to, how do you say, "freemium".

ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN: BBR has to be freemium in order for us to get it out THIS YEAR. We partnered up with Re-Charge Studios in order to expedite delivery (also, by "partnered" I mean "they funded the game") and, as per our agreement, developed from the ground up with free-to-play in mind. In addition to all of this, we brought Complex back on board to take BBR, bend it over a stool and give it the most thorough coding of its life.

All three of us working together (SkyVu, ReCharge, Complex) is to blame for BBR coming out November 2011 instead of November 2012.

Now, I know a lot of sphincters out there pucker up when they catch wind of anything sounding vaguely like "Freemium" or "free-to-play" but consider this:

We're launching way earlier than we would have, we're launching with ASTORIA right off the bat, we've got a ton of weapons and skins to keep you busy and, if you follow a few prompts on launch, you'll have enough "gas"
    to play for a week!

Also, you don't have to pay a dime if'n you don't want to.

We should also remember that, having the nitty gritty BBR development happening mostly with Complex we have had a lot of time to lay the ground work for BATTLE BEARS: ZERO.

Don't worry my lovelies, it's STILL our jobs to contort your face with laughter and make your smiles hurtses, it's what we do best and it's what we are fully committed to <3

Even if you are on a shield banging crusade against free-to-play, at least give BBR a try, it is FREE, after all ;D

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Damn you!

Free, and out early?!?

Crap - where can I buy some more free time?!? :eek:

14. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I don't see it on the app store. Are you sure it's out or is it just approved and waiting for a Thursday release?

15. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    this space intentionally left blank.

16. jared9876

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Hey do have a question, will battle bears zero be for 2nd gen?? It better be or I will come hunt you down and kill you!.

17. Lt. Action

On the porch in my wicker rocking chair, reminiscing days long past with my boomstick, tapping gingerly on a ceramic jug, gently chewing on a comically long stalk of wheat, dead eyes fixed on the lawn in front of me.

This is where and how I will be waiting.

I think you know the answer.

18. BattleBear1

BattleBear1 Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    BREAKING NEWS FOR OUR TA FANS: We'll be releasing the game early to the USA App Store at 3PM CST today, Nov 30!

BATTLE BEARS ROYALE will also be featured on FreeGameOfTheDay.com.

We love you guys!