Battle Eternal II

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trevorchandler, Apr 23, 2011.

1. trevorchandler

trevorchandler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    We will look into getting something together like a video or something else to give some more insight into the game. As far as the controls , there are a lot of different factors that go into the selection of all of our components , we feel that at this time the two joysticks work better overall. Of course we are always open to feedback and are willing to take a look at any feedback we get. Thank you for your comment , keep them coming.

2. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to post a new picture of the 3G series version.

[​IMG]
    The image above shows the 'Ancient City' with the Holy Warrior depicted.
    As you can clearly see, she is fully protected in Plate Mail armor ...

The First Person view is shown here.

I will try to post a bunch more Tuesday as we will be completing a major set of features by then.

I will also try to post some video soon,

Thanks everyone!

- Trevor

3. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hey all,

Any thoughts on the latest screen shot?
    Anyone have any opinions on ...

Witcher II style NPC interaction Vs. WoW interaction?

Thanks all,

Trevor

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    #44 Madman100, Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    Woah, nice screenshot. I don't know how I missed that post since I've been keeping tabs on this thread all month. I must say, you guys have some majorly talented artists! If the art and detail is any comparison to the depth and gameplay then this will be simply amazing!

EDIT: What?! That was taken from a 3rd gen device?!!! When did they release the iPad 3..... :eek:

5. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Hm... ... ... Against...? :rolleyes:
    Either change the name of the armor or the design... at this stage the only fitting skill for the warrior would be 'attract' or 'distract' male opponents...

Oh and the background mountains look very drab to me. Dunno why though. Perhaps some colors can spice things up a bit?

6. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply --> Video Posted

Hey Everyone,

We started working on some of the video cut scenes, introduction scenes, etc... and I thought I would post one of them here for you.

This one is mostly complete, just needs some more sound effects, and the main voiceovers.

The further we get through the game, the more excited we are about it.

The combat engine is fantastic, and we just completed all the NPC code and monster imports last week.

We hope you are enjoying the updates, and are very honored to get your feedback.

About the drab mountains from last poster, you actually have a good eye.
    The texture size for the ground and terrain in that version was stretched a bit to much, since then we increased the size and the detail is far more crisp now.

Thanks again everyone,

TecStar Games

7. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hey all,

Just wanted to update the forum with a new, somewhat unique element of the combat system,

[​IMG]
    The image above shows the different combat 'zones' that we can assign actions too.

Basically, we can assign specific attack and defense values, particles, sounds, and other actions to specific parts of any model (or other 3D object, for that matter).

What does this allow?
    Now, we can do things like ...

- Different attack multiplier based on where the attack lands
    - Far more interaction with NPCs or other objects, for example, you touch the NPC on the head and it initiates a standard conversation, however, manage to touch the pocket area, or a bag, and you might be able to pickpocket an item.

This feature set allows far more detailed interaction and we believe this will allow you to get into the game and feel more a part of the gameplay with a new level of realistic interactions.

We also posted the video above in the previous entry, it is a draft of one of the in game videos.

Lastly - the combat engine is shaping up nicely and a full range of melee and spell attacks will be at your disposal in game (the combat looks great, the spells look awesome!)

We look forward to your feedback,

Also - who is interested in a 'pre-release' to the appStore where one entire world is complete?
    Or ...

Would you prefer to wait for the entire game?

Thanks everyone,

Trevor

8. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Wow. Has a real epic feel to it. I'd say if that scene was finished, it would be an EPIC teaser. As is, it's just an example of where the game is at this point. It looks very cool. I'd be very interested in a prerelease build. Any plans on recruiting beta testers? If so, count me in. And I'm sure a lot of us would be more than glad to provide direct feedback.

9. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Madman,

Thanks for replying!

We are thinking of a pre-release, and having the first set of quests in the first few areas (In this case that would most likely be a ravaged town, and an otherworldy 'angelic' like area)

Our thoughts were to release that for free for everyone, and we will keep everyone posted on when that will be available.

Things are progressing very well, and interestingly enough, we retrofitted the first game world into our social networking virtual world here ...
    Our Virtual World <Dev Beta>
    and we have a MMO style version up and running.

What we will do with that, we aren't sure yet.
    But certainly, at some point, maybe with the main release, or for a patch release, some or all of the game could be multiplayer.

Exciting news and good things to come soon here, so thanks again for the feedback!

As far as the beta testers, that would be fantastic, and we will get some beta ad-hoc builds going soon, and annouce we are looking for beta testers.
    Then, the interested people can PM us their device IDs, and we will send them an ad-hoc build, and then new ones as we make fixes, add features, etc...

We would give anyone who beta tested not only a free 'BattlEternal II', but would give them our entire collection of games, and social networking apps for free, for life.

Thanks again for your feedback!

10. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Sounds good! :D

Really excited for this one now. Just don't rush it out. Polish it up nicely and it will sell well.

11. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    This guy knows what he's talking about. I have a question, though.

When the iPhone 5 is released sometime this year, will you guys hold back the game even longer? Or will you simply release it when it's done and then add in something like a Higher Res graphics option later?

I hope that made sense. Anyway, kudos on what looks to be a spectacular package. Can't wait!

12. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Thanks for writing!

We certainly agree, we will make sure the game is polished and well tested before we release it.

As far as the iPhone 5, we will go ahead and release without the 5 effecting our decisions.

That being said, we will probably release a patch that allows the user to increase the quality settings for the graphics for the 5, so they can take advantage of the extra processing power.

Thanks again for writing, and we should be posting more screenshots soon,

13. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    Hey Everyone,

As we are in serious work mode this weekend, I wanted to take a break and post some new screenshots.

[​IMG]
    Some Village Huts - Nice Tree Trunks and Shadows

[​IMG]
    Log Construction - View 1

[​IMG]
    Mysterious Caves
    (Do you dare enter? Well, if you want the +1 Long Sword, perhaps you should ...)

[​IMG]
    Log Construction - View 2

Thanks for looking, stay tuned for more screenshots and videos as we get closer to the initial release!

14. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Still got dibs on first beta position.

Screens are obviously amazing.

15. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev Reply

Hey Everyone,

As we are working on our villagers, and the new camera perspectives, I wanted to stop and post a few in progress screen shots.

Here's a series of a female villager.

[​IMG]
    Zoomed Out

[​IMG]
    Zoomed In

[​IMG]
    Closeup

Additonally, here is a nice shot with our prototype GUI, the thing to notice is the camera angles. Our third person view is being worked on to have a more 'in the Game' feel.

[​IMG]
    Enchanced Person 3rd View

Thanks Everyone,

Dont forget to look at our YouTube Video ...
    YouTube Video

16. brady3superbwl

brady3superbwl Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    I can Haz second beta position??????? :D

17. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    --> Dev News

Everyone,

Things are going very, very well with the game development!
    We have ...

- Completed all worlds, exterior and interior.
    - All monsters and NPCs as well as the main character are also complete.
    - Main movement controls are awesome! We have full movement, camera movement and a very nice zoom in and out wheel that gets more top down the further out you go, etc...

A few other cools things
    - All doors, trap doors, entryways, etc... all of them are enterable with full interiors!
    - New Optimized GUI leaves almost the entire screen open so you can get into the game more and not be blocked by GUI graphics. Hot keys, and programmable buttons were used to make sure you can have easy access to the actions you need so its th ebest of both worlds.

Well, let me leave you with this picture, and I will tell you more later,
    (I don't want to give away to many details ...)

[​IMG]
    This demon is not happy ... He knows you've been looking at his girlfriend in the skimpy armor!

Thanks for looking,

Your feedback is welcome, and greatly appreciated,

Thanks Everyone,

Trevor

18. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Wow nice work! Whenever beta's ready give a shout out. There are a lot of great testers here at TA. I can also let the Beta Tester Alliance know. There are a lot of experienced beta testers there.

19. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Jesus! Your artwork does not cease to amaze me. Fantastic. Great eyecandy (not just the woman in skimpy armor ;)).

Hoping for fluid battle mechanics, "fun" questing and a decent story along with a solid 5 (or more) hours of enjoyable gameplay. And also, some sort of autosave feature (or some way to counteract random crashing) would be very welcome. I think anyone can agree that any rpg of a large caliber on an iOS device will almost definitely provide it's fair share of crashes.

Anyways, glad to see the game's making heavy progress. Keep it up. Again, I'm in love with the artwork you got going.

20. trevorchandler

Oct 18, 2009
    More Screenshots For Battle Eternal

Ok, here are some actual screen shots from the game. I am going to post A new one each day until the game comes out. We are planning on having it out in time for Christmas.

HERE IS ONE SHOT OUT OF ONE OF OUR MANY DUNGEONS

[​IMG]

CHECK OUT A PIECE OF OUR TOWNS

[​IMG]

Don't forget to check back each day for a new sneak peak into the game.