iPad Battle for Wesnoth Episode 5: The Dark Hordes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Standing in a village cures him, then in later turns while in the village he'll gain 8 hps/turn.

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Put him on a base and leave him. For even quicker healing put a druid(or another healer) next to him while on base and make a meat shield around him so no baddies can hurt while he recovers.

Sorry about your loading issues. Mine are non existent. Maybe its memory that needs dumped prior to playing?

3. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    You need another character with the heal ability, healers can't heal themselves. Or place the priest in a village for one turn, it should get rid of the poison status. Haven't played in a while but I believe this is the solution.

4. Shatner's hairpiece

Shatner's hairpiece Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    #404 Shatner's hairpiece, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
    This is called 'choice in the fog'. I've just finished turn 35 and it says I was defeated. I only have 35 turns to win? And this is the easy scenario? Ha ha!

...this is another problem with the game. the time limit. I'm now so screwed that I have to go back and start over again around turn 5. That's basically about 3 hours wasted time trying to get through this scenario. I wish there was an option to turn off the turn limit.

5. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I had 40 turns for this mission. The turn limit is there because it wouldn't be a campaign otherwise.

I finished it in 28 turns. It's not hard you just need to keep moving south and beat the leaders you find.

6. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    cant wait

7. xxvi

xxvi Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    great stuff, any chance of getting KQ updated esp. arkham,

8. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    ? can't wait for what? Is there another update coming? I haven't seen any posts on here lately about one. I think Kyle's really busy with Shadow Era, so I don't see any updates coming for this till SE is out.

9. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We've been busy porting to other platforms such as Palm and Android, which you probably don't care about :p

But for sure an update is in the works including retina display support and fast app switching.

10. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Anything coming for the iPad version?

11. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    wow, awesome! You sure have been busy lately.

12. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Although it's probably not needed on the iPad, there is also map zooming, a lot of people requested this for iPhone. But I don't know, maybe sometimes on iPad you want to zoom in to see the graphics better.

13. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    curious how will ya do retina display? Just update the UI stuff? Doubt you would be redrawing the sprites.

I guess with zoom you could do higher res stuff.

14. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Nice!

15. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    I posted a while back (I think on maybe one of Kyle's other game threads) that I did a short web video promotion last summer for Wesnoth. The video for it just got posted now (I guess they waited till the iPad version came out). Here it is:
    http://www.reviewsontherun.com/episode/10/25

You're welcome Kyle :D

(course, it doesn't hurt that at the same time, there's a nice subliminal promotion for our game Zentia in there as well :))

16. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Looking at the videos for this game, and I'm thinking about picking it up. It looks kinda like Fire Emblem. Is that an accurate comparison?

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Not really. It is a strategy RPG of sorts, but the movement is totally different from Fire Emblem.

Anyways, just check out the PC version, it's free, and I'm pretty sure you can sync your saves between both versions.

18. ernesto

ernesto Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Any ETA on the coming updates for iPad and iPhone?

19. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    any news on the update for this?

20. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

The PC version at Wesnoth.org is still in development for the next huge update, so I'm assuming the iOS version will be a little after that... especially since they offer syncing over devices and whatnot.