iPad Battle for Wesnoth Episode 5: The Dark Hordes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Mar 30, 2010.

1. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Oh, I meant more on the update for fast-app switching and "retina graphics". To be honest though I'd be fine just having hi-res icon. The fast app switching though I'm really looking forward to so I can finally come back to playing this. I didn't realize how important fast-app switching was gonna be until I finishe war of eustrath over other games. I've played about 4-5 campaigns for BfW so I really enjoy it. Just looking forward to updates :)

2. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Any news on this game?

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Sadly it seems that the time of updates is over ... :(

4. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Kyles busy with shadow era but I'm sure more updates will cone as players create campaigns as well as dev.

5. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    #425 Mythbuster, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
    Well, I know him as a customer (of his company) many years now ... he made some (good) old games for the Palm OS ... and I can remember very well that many promised updates never came ... it was often so that he worked on new titles instead of making updates .... but ok, for the price it is a very good game with many hours of fun ...

6. ernesto

ernesto Member

Oct 25, 2010
    I'd love to see an update that adds a few more campaigns and the updates from the main game...

7. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I agree, the price is very good and the game itself has been ported very nicely. I've finished about 3 campaigns by now. I remember saying that a really big update was coming adding retina and fast-app amongst other things. I don't really care about anything but fast-app switching tbh.

I can understand that he's more focused in Shadow Era since it's his big project he's been working for a while now. I just hope that he hasn't forgotten about just adding some stuff like fast-app switching for iOS 4.0. that's all :)

8. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Odd that this gets bumped, I just randomly started giving love to this game again yesterday. I too would love love love to see some retina graphics and fast-app switching, but it's fully evident the dev has moved on to Shadow Era. However, with the amount of updates he DID release for this game, I can't be upset.

9. Link6746

Link6746 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Berserker (RAAAAARRRGH!)
    Saint Joseph's Hospital, Mental Ward (Long Term Gu
    I would love to see fast app switching. Even though I switched to an iphone four, I honestly think I'd like to see Wesband included in the next release more than retina support.

10. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Yea see this was mentioned a while back. But haven't heard anything since.

11. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    I was thinking about getting this, but had a few questions for those who already own it.

Is the multiplayer asynchronous, or is it real time?

Also, I checked out the PC version and it seems there are still a good amount of people playing it. Is this the case on the iPhone as well or is the multiplayer pretty much nonexistent? I know it's cross platform, but I read somewhere that the iOS version is still a few versions behind the PC and that you can't play iOS with PC at the moment.

I saw this and was hoping it would fill the TBSRPG void in my soul, and that it would have multiplayer for me and a friend as well.

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

12. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I believe multiplayer is real time. I just tried connecting to one and I wasnt able to. I had a friend who played the multiplayer version on PC and he complained that it took Forever. So I wouldnt quite recommend this to play online. There are skirmishes and a ton of campaing missions.

As far as the gameplay goes, it's awesome. Has tons of stand alone campaigns, lots of units. Your units carry over per campaign and gain experience etc. It does have multiplayer but I dont know why it's not connecting, maybe b/c the version is so old? In any case, you can save from this to your PC but only with the compatible version. If you wanna see how it plays, try the FREE pc/mac/linux version to try it out. Give it a chance to grow on you b/c you won't get to the bulk of the gameplay until later.

I recomend this game HIGHLY. Just remember that it does NOT suppport retina/MULTITASKING/and it'll sometimes crash (but it's ok it saves every turn). It's still a great game with tons of amazing content though. I've played through about 4-5 campaings and each one is different with good story, different units and all the same gameplay.

13. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    no news at all?

14. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    So you're saying you WANT more update because you already finished the massive campaign in this game?

Damn. I applaud you (seriously).

15. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California

(posted back in January)

And i applaud you....(seriously)

16. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Need more!!

17. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I would really like to see the Delfador's Memoirs campaign added someday. :)

18. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I don't even want a new campaign at this point..Just multitasking would be nice.

19. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    This is still my favorite SRPG for iOS, and yeah I've got Final Fantasy Tactics.

20. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I've got tactics too and i love this game also. But the lack of multitasking makes picking many other games over this. Hate its like that...but it is :\