iPad Battle for Wesnoth Episode 5: The Dark Hordes

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kyle Poole, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Its nice to have it decreased ..but is there any thing against the undo button ??
    By the way are u playing it on ipad ?

2. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Hey all, I'm brand new to Wesnoth. I started the tutorial last night on my 3GS, and noticed a few drawing issues with popups (text) and some scrolling weirdness, while looking through the list of campaigns. Are these issues known about, or...?

3. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    The v1.4.2 bugfix should be out any day now...

4. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Great, thanks Kyle. Is this the best place to submit bugs, or is another forum better?

5. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    I'm most active on these forums, but you can also post on the wesnoth forums at http://forums.wesnoth.org or email me directly at [email protected]

I'm always looking for bug reports and suggestions for new features!

6. ShadowPhoenix52

ShadowPhoenix52 New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Crash Description

Well, it's mostly the old ones. For some reason, Dead Water & Ooooooze Awakening barely crash (Only once or twice between each scenario). Also, as for how, it loads, then crashes. IF Im lucky and it loads without a hitch, it crashes next turn. Also, yes, it crashes when I try to load NEW campaigns 'cept for the two stated above.

I'd hate to rush/over-stress, but does it fix the INCESSANT CRASHING??

7. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    The situation you describe sounds like a botched upgrade. Can you try syncing with iTunes (to save your data), delete Wesnoth from your device (not from iTunes!), make sure you have at least 400mb free, restart your device, sync with iTunes (reinstalls Wesnoth), restart your device again

I know the iPhone is particularly bad if you try to do an upgrade over wifi directly from the device, but it is also bad if you upgrade over iTunes without enough free space on your device. It's like a fragmented hard drive on your PC, everything slows down...

8. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    hey, does the game play well on iphone 3g yet? Last time I tried the demo it took ages to load and the frame rate was un impressive =/

9. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    v1.4.2 is out.... ;)

10. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Awesome! I bought this back when it was on sale for a dollar. I finally got around to playing it and I beat the tutorial last night. The white graphics really bothered me, so I'm glad that's fixed. So far I'm loving it.

11. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    woohoo wesnoth just keeps getting better

12. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    Don't forget to leave a review for every version so that other people know how awesome the game is! ;)

13. Johnny

Johnny Member

Feb 25, 2010
    New Zealand
    I just picked up this the other day. I must say that this is simply the best TBS games on any mobile device, let alone iPhone. Kyle, you have done a fantastic job on porting this, well done!!! :)

Any plans on intergrating some of the desktop 1.8 new features like better AI, music and portrait graphics into this version?

14. Metaldream

Metaldream Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Hi Kyle,

I was thinking about the DLC you wanted to add to Wesnoth and I think I have something interesting that at least I would be willing to pay 0.99$ for: the debug console.

It would act as a mix of cheat mode and experimentation tool for hardcore wesnoth players.

Wesband would be also cool and could fit like a DLC since it is not really a campaign but a whole new game in itself. I would pay another 0.99$ for that too!

15. symbolique

symbolique Active Member

May 14, 2009
    see above
    hell
    Hi Kyle, I'd just like to say thanks for the game, but since the last update, the game has slowed down too much to be playable with waiting 5-7 minutes per load, music off, few saves, etc. It's been a blast, but the game is not so good on my 3G 2nd ed. You did open up a game I hadn't known about for me to enjoy though, but I've since moved to the PC version which is blistering fast and awesome. Perhaps with a faster phone I'll come back to mobile Wesnoth. Cheers.

16. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    any news on episode 5? :D

17. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

What's all the buzz about this game? I've never tried it but it looks to be pretty decent from what I've heard. Anyone want to give me an idea what this game is all about? It would be greatly apreciated :)

18. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    Basically it's a turn-based strategy game like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem. You can check out the free desktop version at http://www.wesnoth.org

I'm sure everyone here will agree that it's the best value on the appstore, it's only $0.99 for 300 hrs of gameplay, you can't go wrong! :D

19. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    That is exactly how I explain it to people also.

I have over 200 hours in Advance Wars duel strike and I can say Battle for Wesnoth can stand toe to toe with it. Great game and a must buy for anyone with an iphone/pod/pad. :cool:

20. donner

donner Well-Known Member

The only thing im hoping for in episode 5 is any possible speed improvements and quick loading times of saved games.