Battle for Wesnoth [SUBMITTED] - massive TBS with 300+ hours of gameplay!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kyle Poole, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    You know you play Wesnoth too much when...

But yeah you're right, the damage calculations screen was removed in this port, mostly because it couldn't fit nicely on the screen. If there is enough requests for it, I could add it back in someday... And before you ask, the "profile" button was eventually removed too, because there isn't enough memory to load up the help while in-game... Sorry the screenshots are kind of outdated now :eek:

2. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Haha good one! I don't mind at all about that being removed, I think it might actually prevent players from complaining about luck in Wesnoth!

3. tukun

tukun Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    not too many true RTS on thte iphone, this one looks like it can be a hit. gluck

4. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    Actually, it's a lot closer to Intelligent System's Fire Emblem... with a much greater in-depth combat and leveling system.

I'm really looking forward to its release. :)

5. aluren

aluren Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Wow, 300 hours of gameplay, this is going to be epic! This and Ravensword will keep me busy during the boring family X'mas gathering!

6. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Wow sweet. But is there anyway to get down the file size? I am running out of room...

7. Whitewolf99

Whitewolf99 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    instant buy as soon as it is released!

8. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    #28 mlkaufman, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    It looks really nice except I imagine those pop-ups could get annoying after a while.

I mean these types of popups:

[​IMG]

not these kinds:

[​IMG]

Is it possible to turn them off?

Also, when does it save your progress? Only between turns? Or wherever you exit?

Lastly, is it possible to turn the music off and listen to your own?

Thanks, Michael

9. joja15

joja15 New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    The pop ups are not bad at all. They only appear during the story portion. The last popup you show is displayed during combat and allows you to choose if which attack you use.

The game saves progress between each turn which is really nice.

I have been beta testing the game so far and it is incredible! The graphics look great and it is a lot of fun.

10. GumGuts

GumGuts Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I played this a while back on the PC, it was a great game.

I'm extremely excited, this is going to be AWESOME!

Thank you Kyle!

Any word on a estimated release date or price point?

11. Sajak

Sajak Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wow I'm not sure how I missed this. I LOVE TBS games, Fire Emblem is my favorite series ever, and I've been waiting for something that might give me my fix (Uniwars wasn't really my cup of tea :/).

12. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    The game will be five dollars, and assuming apple's approval doesn't take forever, expect to see it around the end of November.

13. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    It does autosave the game after every turn. One of the most requested features during the beta was to also save if the game is interrupted (eg phone call), so this will be added in the first update.

In the options there is individual settings for music and sfx, so you can play your own music if you want.

14. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Been waiting for this for quite a while now. Glad to hear it is finally submitted, would you let us know when it enters In Review?

15. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    WOW 300 hours of gameplay!? how many times do i have to recharge my ipod!? lol.

i love high quantitative TBS games like Civilization Revolution, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, etc, so this is INSTANT BUY for me :cool:

16. noobHD

noobHD Member

Sep 19, 2009
    instant buy! and, kyle, are you sure you don't need no more betatesters :D?

17. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    Well, I just made that "300 hours" stuff up! :p A certain other TBS is saying it has about 100 hours if you complete their 19 campaign missions and 15 quick game maps and win all the badges blah blah.... So if you play the 200 Wesnoth campaign missions, at all 3 difficulties, it is more like 1000 hours lol... I know that on several challenging scenarios I have spent more than 5 hours to finish one mission (after several failed attempts), and loved the strategic challenge of it

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Rubbing it in I see. Well deserved. :D

Hurry it up already apple!

19. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    That's right, the work will begin on updating to v1.8 once it is declared the main stable version. In the meantime, I'm sure there will be many months where v1.6 is still supported with an active userbase...

20. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    There's an excellent new preview over at No DPad with a great new gameplay video. But somehow he said "atleast 8 hours of gameplay"... I'm not sure, maybe it was a typo... he probably meant 800 hours! :D