Universal Battle Supremacy - (by Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ThePowerofLava

ThePowerofLava Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Most of those glitches could possibly be attributed to latency problems. I really hope that's the case, and that people haven't hacked this thing already.

On a different note, does anyone know if actual ballistic/armor properties (armor zones, entry angle, penetration velocity, type of shell fired, etc.) are taken into account in-game? I do seem to have more success when aiming for lower glacias plates and flatter surfaces, but I can't confirm anything.

2. RoguePlanet

RoguePlanet Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I know I've hit KV1's head-on multiple times with less than 10% damage loss each time, but one shot in its backside armor at 40%, and it blows up nice. So, yeah, if you hit a KV1 from the sides or rear it does more damage. Same with the Sherman. The Panzer seems crazy weak sometimes as well, and the M18 or Type 1s or Type 4s are a pyrotechnical joy to hit at a distance from ANY angle. They just go "poof."

Honestly, the best-rounded tanks seem to be the maxed-out T-34s and Shermans. I took out a KV1, two Panzers and an M18 in a close-quarters fight in the French town battlesim using a badly wounded T-34. I thought I was about to die, so I rammed, shot, and blew 'em all up. Most fun I've had so far. The Sherman is a great sniper vehicle, too. The T-34 has crappy accuracy, but is better up close, like the KV1 or Tiger 2.

3. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Well, yeah, of course armor will be weaker on the sides and rear, but I mean actual armor sloping and the like (think shooting the flat portion on the front of a KV vs the heavily sloped portion just below it)

4. RoguePlanet

RoguePlanet Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I know historically the sloped front armor of the T-34 was supposed to make it less vulnerable, and hit one head-on in the game and it doesn't always do a ton of damage.

5. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    There's a reason almost every German tank produced after the Tiger I has a huge sloped plate on the front. Sloped armor is the best protection a tank can have. However, I'm still not sure that it's represented here. I still regularity put shots straight through sloped KV turrets, while not being able to penetrate the flatter and historically thinner hull armor.

6. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    So when it's an update coming with new Africa map and new tanks? It's been weeks since dev mentioned it.

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England

Yeah they said it was submitted about 4 weeks ago now.. May be longer

8. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    Apple changed something in their policies and we had to do some changes and re-submit. It will be online very soon (this week I hope)

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I've been reading this convo and figured i'd try to help answer ur Q about slopes. In several of the matches I've played, I've hit the front of an opponent armor (either at the turret or sometimes right below, not quite to the tracks, where it would slope) and had it deflect off. So that is possible. As far as dmg is concerned, I honestly couldn't tell. When my hits were on, they were getting abt the same dmg at 1 spot and more if I exposed a weak point. But at the very least, from what I can tell the sloped armor at least deflects shots directly at it.

10. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #350 ruggedland, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    Can't unlock Churchill after liking it on FB.

Edit: just have to login to FB from Main menu.

11. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    Hmmmm.... I have found some success in trying to angle the armor of my tank to incoming fire, and have been met with mixed results. It appears to help, but sometimes I can watch shots just barely skim the side of my M4s turret and deal 20-30% damage, do I really have no idea. The Tiger II's lower glacias seems to bee rather hit and miss as well... By all means, it should not stand a chance against a Hellcat's gun, but it tends to give 5% hits more than anywhere else on the front of the tank, including the upper slope of the main glacias plate. (Also, the Tiger looks really weird without the sideskirts and track covers on)

12. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Churchill unlock only via Facebook "like"shit???Thanks,easy pass:mad:

Thanks for the free Pershing anyway...

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry for my ignorance, I notice the price has been slashed. So is it worth at current state and price?

14. yoshthug

yoshthug Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Chicago
    It is worth it at the old price. Tons of fun. Multiplayer is great!

15. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    So...I assume no one has put many upgrade points into the Churchill...any impressions?

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    has anyone crashes on startup after updating BS, having the newer 7.0.6 iOS?

i can't run the game anymore!!! i've emailed the devs, but seems to be no solutions... maybe there's a conflict with new iOS?

17. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    I'm running it fine. What device are you on? Maybe the graphics boost to A7 devices has messed with other chips, I dunno.

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #358 Gwarmaxx, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    yeah, maybe you're right, but the devs emailed me that they have tested it on multiple iPhone 4 (not with newer iOS although).
    i'm on lowend iphone 4, but the previous version works fine, regardles of low quality graphics and effects... so, i should find another guy with a 4 to know if it works for him.

btw, your device and iOS?

19. ThePowerofLava

Aug 11, 2012
    5s, iOS 7.0.6

20. RoguePlanet

RoguePlanet Member

Feb 12, 2014
    I ran a spreadsheet of all the tanks in the game, measuring armor, penetration, speed, etcetera, and the Churchill is crap. Maxed out, its armor is no better than the Sherman, its penetration is the same as the Tiger and KV1, and it is slower than the KV1 with the same accuracy. It also has the second-lowest binocular settings in the game. The Pershing fares only slightly better, but loses out in most respects to the KV1.

Strangely, the makers of the game make the M18 slower than the Type 1, when it was far faster and better-armed. Frankly, only the Russian tanks seem to be well-balanced, with the Sherman the only non-Russian tank to have good number averages.