Battlefield 3 - by EA mobile

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Der-Kleine, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12yam

12yam Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Toronto
    I'm expecting it to be good. I feel EA has been really keen to put out high quality games especially with Dead Space, NBA Jam and Fight Night. Also, they've updated BF2 to support up to 10 players online per game. If they really want to put out a good game, they will, and I'm really feeling like they do at this point :D

So insta-buy for me. Hopefully FIFA 12 is good enough to warrant a purchase and replace First Touch Soccer!

2. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I hope it has mc2's control scheme.

3. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
  4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Yes, that one is still by far the best and smoothest. The one in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was awful compared to it!

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    FIFA 12 looks the same as FIFA 11.

6. Kai824

Kai824 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Beta testing for big game companies
    Looks like EA is going to rule my iPhone in the holiday's!

7. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Hope they have learned from BC 2.. Will have to be
    damn good if they want the online succes MC 2 has
    or March Of Heroes will have without any doubt.. And I didn't
    even mention 9mm...

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Just what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I think the 'big new feature' will be the iPhone + iPod touch to the iPad 2.

9. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Damn shadowgun,warmgun,9mm,march of heroes,battlefield 3,silent ops so many shooters coming up can't wait

10. rjpogi1

rjpogi1 Active Member

Dec 13, 2010
    another good year for ios! :)

11. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

BFBC2 came out in December, so I'm not getting as excited for this as I was for BFBC2 just yet. I'm excited nonetheless.

12. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm hoping that it's been improved, seen as Electronic Arts seems to be holding the Battlefield series dear to their hearts, and even in iOS. I mean, Electronic Arts actually UPDATED it for new features (As in player count).

13. mjselvig

mjselvig Guest

Rank

I kinda liked Battlefield: Bad Company 2, but one thing I REALLY missed, and the reason why I don't play it, is RANKING. There is NO ranking in the multiplayer, which is one of the fun things about online multiplayer. I hope they work this out in Battlefield 3, if not also in a near future update of Bad Company 2. Getting this game day 1. #BattlefieldBoy

14. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    I dont see how anyone liked bbc2 on IOS. It was a complete trash of a game. The controls were horrible and stiff, the graphics sucked, the gun sounds were horrible. You would have to be kidding yourself if you like this. But i hope Battlefield 3 will be good.

15. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Yeah, Battlefield 2 for the iOS bears almost no resemblance to the actual console/PC franchise. Hence, it's difficult to get excited without further details. Destructable enivornments, vehicles, and team-oriented play are all staples of the Battlefield franchise. We saw none of these things incorporated into the iOS version. At least none of them in the MP portion of the game.

16. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Any news on release date and price?

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Same here! No wonder they released it under a buck. Let's hope BF3 is good, similar to MC2!!

18. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Well you don't look around do you?

If you check the TA homepage now you will find that it should be coming the same time as it comes out on other platforms...

19. GasparZizou

GasparZizou Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    MKT student, intern in an advertising agency.
    Guadalajara
    wrong, to those kids saying BF2 sucked, it didn't, graphics were average all right, but the aim controls were good and you could truly felt the power when firing a weapon, the AI was a stupid as in MC2 BUT the voice acting and story was FAR better than MC2 obviously, although it was an acquired taste, it was WAY better than the average FPS on the iOS.

still MC2 MP is pretty much unbeatable....