Universal Battlestation: Harbinger hits the store August 13th. An epic space roguelike.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdmiralGeezer, Jul 23, 2015.

1. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Same here, I actually saw an exact screenshot in first contact with this one. Makes no sense if they are 2 different game.

2. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    #22 AdmiralGeezer, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    The teleport facility gives your ships an ability to switch position in battles, similarly to Master of Orion 2 battles if the game is familiar for you. The core of the game is around your ships, your cannons, your facilities and your upgrades to these. Combine this with our own battle mechanics and star map and thats where our game shines :) This particular game doesn't revolve around trading or crew management, although we do love these features and have planned them for upcoming Battlestation games.

To avoid confusion: Battlestation is a game series, consisting of many games. We name them Battlestation: xxx because they all take place in the same universe. Battlestation: Harbinger is now the newest upcoming game. Previously we have published 2 Battlestation games: 1 named Battlestation: Classic or just Battlestation, and 1 named Battlestation: First Contact.

Battlestation Classic is the prototype, the game that started it all. From this same core idea we developed a more refined version, called Battlestation: First Contact. We decided to keep both versions out because they are still a little bit different and also offer a first episode for free so players can decide for themselves if they want to spend money to unlock more.

Battlestation: Harbinger is a completely new game, with its own mechanics and we really feel it is the best one we have made so far! Thank you for the questions, happy to answer :)

3. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Our games should be available in all countries, worldwide. This is a bit strange. And please see my answer above for the rest!

4. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Looks interesting enough, I added it to my wishlist and when it's out I may just buy it. ;) Keep up the good work, Admiral!

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Yeah battlestation: harbinger not on UK AppStore :(

6. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thanks for all the info Admiral

7. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Oh! Well Battlestation: Harbinger is coming out August 13th world wide. So that is probably the problem, it is not August 13th yet :) If you want to try our previous Battlestation game you can search for Battlestation: First Contact.

8. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    That is fantastic to hear! Thank you, we will do our best :)

9. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    This looks amazigreat.

10. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England

Ooops!!! Lol I meant first contact... But then I found it :)

I love the game! Great ideas! Just seems a bit pointless and only aim is to run up a high score... No missions or story. Will these be in harbinger?

11. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Awesome! Well, your aim is to defend earth from destruction commander! Some of the episodes in First Contact have more character interaction than others. I believe episode 5 was the one we put a little more in. But yes, First Contacts strenghts do not lie in the story or missions. We wanted to make a challenging game with depth through the choices you have in the game.

Harbinger has a story, but it isn't the part we focused most on. Harbinger also has missions, randomized for every game, intended to spice up the strategic decisions you make. Strategy, choices and depth through simplicity. Those are the core things we like to focus on. What we strive for is that when the player gets his butt kicked he can think to himself: "Ok, I could have done that differently. Let's try again!".

12. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
  13. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    And ours :p. We're equally excited, Admiral! Congrats on the feature.

14. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Sweet! Thank you and good job :)

15. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    I must say I really believe every game developer out there deserves recognition, making games is no small feat. And I salute you my brothers if you happen to be here. We decided to make an epic video of us gearing up for our upcoming launch August 13th:

Watch us in action! ;) Not much to go now, really excited to be able to have you play Harbinger soon! And hear your feed back!

16. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    All is set! Whoah, it was a little tight with the new update making it to the App Store or not but now it is there! This is fantastic because it pleases us very much that you will be playing the newest version of the game. Please do remember that your comments on the game balance and other game related things will be valuable to us and we will try to do our best to update the game. But playing it myself I have been very much surprised often and that is a wonderful thing!

Here are some new characters that we will bring into the Battlestation universe soon:

[​IMG]
    This is actually drawn by our graphic artist using the picture from one of my childhood friends. It will be a pledge option in the upcoming Kickstarter, which launches August 13th as well ;)

[​IMG]
    An experienced commander!

[​IMG]
    The new commander picture for the Trolgar race. Not yet in the game but soon!

[​IMG]
    A new wanderer race, very space-pirates like. Plundering the universe with their fleet.

[​IMG]
    A pilot ready for action!

[​IMG]
    Engineer reporting for duty.

[​IMG]
    A scientist android ;)

[​IMG]
    And a battle android.

Only 5 days to go! August 13th is close by. Mark it up and stay tuned commanders!

17. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I just saw it and it looks great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

18. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'm ready for this. Come on wed !

19. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Have high hopes for this :)

20. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you