Universal Bean's Quest (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 17, 2011.

1. zzymyn

zzymyn Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Programmer
    Melbourne, AU
    It should be free now!

2. Fep52

Fep52 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It is now, on the oz store. I've already bought Time Surfer anyhoo, so...:)

3. big_pimpin_293

big_pimpin_293 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    4-1 axolotl

any help with the axolotl on 4-1 'welcome to sky ruins'?? ive tried looking everywhere for it but cant seem to get it (there r those 2 blocks near the jump pad that seem like u can pass through them, but i cant)

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    There are solid yellow and blue blocks hidden in those 2 blocks you mentioned. I'll let you figure the rest :)

5. big_pimpin_293

big_pimpin_293 New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Ahhhhhhhh thanks a lot man. That level was pissing me off a lot =D

6. Mr Kumobius

Mr Kumobius Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey folks!

Hope you guys enjoyed the free promotion for Bean's Quest we did when we launched Time Surfer. I noticed a few new user reviews on this thread! Thanks :D

I was wondering if some of you could do me a favour and we could run a little vote here. Could you guys just post your 3 top favourite (preferably ordered in terms of preference) stages in Bean's Quest?

You can list the level names or the stage numbers, e.g. either "Baldercrush!!", "Hello Crystal Peaks!", or "stage 5-12" etc.

Thanks guys!

7. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

Hey peoples!

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread for Bean's Quest but I just wanted to post about our Steam Greenlight page for Bean's Quest in case anyone wasn't aware:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93030406

I realise if people are into iOS gaming they might not be into gaming on Steam. Nonetheless I thought I'd ask if anyone has a Steam account if they'd mind voting for us on Greenlight.

Steam has been approving a lot of games lately and it would be cool for ours to get a bit more attention.

Added bonus if we get Greenlit, we intend to build a new world for Bean's Quest if we get onto Steam. I'm not sure what that world would be exactly... maybe something slightly Steampunk? :p but I'd sure be interested to find out what it ends up as!

PS: Yes we're still working on Bean Dreams (the BQ sequel) and yes it's awesome <3

8. unicowz

unicowz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    did i miss the free promotion?

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh, you're just a year too late I'm afraid.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ahahaha! :D:D:D

11. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Damn, I thought there was an update.
    Thanks for getting my hopes up, then breaking them, slowpoke. #

12. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Great news and congratulations on getting Greenlit :)

13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I thought I'd just make a Steam account to vote for you, but apparently (and understandably) that's not enough and you need to actually buy or redeem a game on Steam to be able to vote.

I'm so glad to hear you're still working on Bean's Quest and the sequel. That's awesome news. Also great to read that you're expanding platforms.

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Wow you guys have had your game on Greenlight since the beginning. Voted

15. Cool, looking forward to Bean's Dreams, any idea when it will come out?

16. unicowz

unicowz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    lol my pc shows the date different, sorry for being a slowpoke ;p, bought it btw,
    its pretty hard in the beginning getting used to the constant bouncing, but the music is really good and i like the graphics :)

17. Mr Kumobius

Patreon Indie

:( actually we're not Greenlit yet. We've been on Greenlight for a while but we stalled after a while. It's pretty hit and miss to know why certain games get Greenlit and others don't. It seems Steam is approving more stuff at the moment though (100 games a month) but even at a faster rate it'll probably be a while before we finally get approved.

We delayed it to polish further and focus more on Duet (our latest game) but we expect Bean Dreams to come out early next year :)

18. Duet game was awesome! Thanks so much for that pleasant game. Really looking forward to bean dreams.

19. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the mindset I see in a lot of the comments of IOS to PC ports on Greenlight is essentially, "Not another mobile game...". There's also the issue that these ports tend to be higher priced on Steam than they are on IOS, so people get annoyed at that too.

20. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Hi there! Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to the developer for this finely crafted game. I beat the boss a while back when the update was released, but recently I decided to start over from scratch. Put simply, I love this game. The art style is adorable, the controls are simple and unique (I've always wanted a jumping platformer of this type after playing doodle jump, and you delivered the perfect platformer to capitalize on the idea--I prefer this over Super Splatsform and Bubble Pig!)

Fun story: I've shown the game to two casual-gamer peeps, and they quickly grasped the gameplay but had humorous reactions. The first, a college friend, described the game as "very anxious for him"--I don't think he was used to a platformer that restricted movement as much as this one! After one level he asked me to show him a "less stressful" game, lol. Likewise, my sister couldn't get past a level without yelping and screaming at the little green bean. This game certainly evokes emotions!

Anyway, trying to get 100% completion made me realize that this will be very, very difficult. I beat all the levels while getting an all-gems icon on only THREE levels, and only TWO pink thingies, and don't get me started on the jump limits! Beating all the levels was hard enough for me!

(also, I'm almost done with Duet and am anxiously waiting the sequel to this!)