Bean's Quest goes FREE!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by speed4mee, Jan 9, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Then do yourself a favor and buy it. You'll wish you had supported the Devs once you get it for free and see how utterly amazing it is.

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I've had it in my appshopper wishlist forever, I know it's good but just haven't convinced myself to buy it yet

3. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Confirmed: Free since some minutes in Austrian and German app store. Recommended! (Bought it before and didn't regret.)

4. Wow, so much commotion for a small game. Guess I'll really have to pay attention to 8pm tonight, unless I fall asleep or get too engaged with my new ipad game oz.

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

^ Start reading the long main thread from here (because first they published only one world and every1 complained). There are some regulars being rather crazy about Bean's Quest. And even for me (not being a platformer fan) it's pretty great and entertaining to play. Very funny and challenging if you want to accomplish all quests.

6. zzymyn

zzymyn Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Programmer
    Melbourne, AU
    Yo, Ivan from Kumobius here. Yep Bean's Quest is going (or now in some regions :eek:) free for a day to celebrate/shamelessly promote the release of Time Surfer.

It should go free on Jan 10 in whatever timezone you happen to live in.

7. Too cool, I will interrupt myself at 8 pm and download, cause boy, there is some mega hype for this one!

8. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Exactly!!!

9. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Free now.

10. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Got it when it went free a few min ago.

11. Cool, gonna go download it after my tv show is over.

12. Cool game, interesting controls, and well made. Plays really good on hdmi, and I highly recommend it!

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Didn't have this one yet, thanks for the freebie... one with such praise must be good...

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im surprised a lot of the forum regulars dont have this yet.

15. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Those of us that didn't have it before, should have it now. I didn't even get my iPhone until early last year and only visited the main site here for a month or two before joining in October for the forums. So there's been a lot to catch up on. I was just winging it finding good games using Various free app finders. I think at one point I had 9 different app shopping apps which helped, but a lot of stuff just kind of slipped through the cracks.

Still, if it isn't on sale... I don't put as much effort into getting a game as I would if it's 1/2 off, free, or something. The bargain shopper in me is strong.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Same here. Flabbergasted, really. Simply flabbergasted.

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    At least you're not bumfuzzled.

18. Me too, I'm bedazzled and awestricken by this.

But one thing to note that even though night and I post alot, we are really new members here on TA, less than a year. This game I never would have heard of on my own, so it is lucky TA is there to help us newbies find some hidden gems.

I know elders like yourself can't understand the logic of the new generation of ios gamers, but remember, in your day, you never had a wireless cable tv receiver that made it so you could move your tv from place to place including your garage. Now we can. ;)

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    True, true, y'all are just TA babies! :p

Unlike an old geezer like me. :D

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP