Universal Bears vs. Art - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=260551][​IMG][/thread] [thread=221693][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260554][​IMG][/thread] [thread=257640][​IMG][/thread] [thread=260719][​IMG][/thread][thread=260468][​IMG][/thread][thread=260574][​IMG][/thread][thread=260505][​IMG][/thread]

Bears vs. Art

[​IMG]

Is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

April 30th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE:***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

2. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Spend $6 to unlock vip. You won't be disappointed. This makes it so you can play as much as you want and earn tons of coin. I already have maxed out everything. Game is awesome and can't wait for more updates!

3. Halfbrick Woody

Apr 20, 2015
    Product Manager & Lead Games Programmer Halfbrick
    Australia
    Thanks for your feedback extreme472000. Also thanks for the nomination for game of the week. It's nice to know people are enjoying the game we have made.

4. wizardhowl

wizardhowl Active Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm still really enjoying this game - have been playing every day since release! I think more costumes would be great. New locations and new enemies as time goes on would also be be very cool. Just more of everything please!

5. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I'd like to see new modes, levels, and a better hint system. Also the removal of costume timers (or at least make it always 100% chance) for VIPs and other ways to earn upgrade points would be nice.

6. Halfbrick Woody

Apr 20, 2015
    Australia
    Thanks for your feedback guys. The hint system has been improved and we will be rolling it out very soon. Pun intended :)

We are working on improving a lot of areas, so your feedback is very good. Thanks.

7. holloway

holloway New Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I'm really enjoying this game. It's good to see the application of the free to play model on something that isn't just another match 3, kingdom builder, or endless runner. I enjoy the puzzle aspect of Bears vs. Art. I haven't spent any real money on it yet, and so far I don't really feel like I need to.

The only thing that I've found frustrating is the chance for success on upgrades. I would be okay with raising the price of upgrades if it was always a success.

Also, it would be nice to have the option of selecting from all the colors I've unlocked on a piece of gear, but I understand this is probably a calculated decision to act as a gold sink.

8. wizardhowl

wizardhowl Active Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I have to agree with the chance for success on upgrades point - I bought the VIP IAP and it does feel a little off when you're still faced with a 'chance' system. Everything else feels pretty fair for a F2P title, though.

9. Halfbrick Woody

Apr 20, 2015
    Australia
    Hi guys

Thanks for the feedback about the Chance of upgrades. Are you guys aware at all that you can increase the chance of success but the cost per coins goes up? Is this not apparent to you or do you mean it should always just be fixed at 100% with a set higher cost?

The idea behind this was people could take a gamble and pay much less with a low chance. It was ultimately up to you guys.

We could always default this to 100% as well. Would love to hear your feedback. Cheers

10. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I think if you purchase the VIP package you should be able to do costume upgrades with no timers and they always be 100%. It was clear but it's annoying to have to pay for 95% For an upgrade and have the costume upgrade not work

Also on a side note anyone else notice that this thread has said "29 posts" since the game released and it hasn't gone up? Weird.

11. wizardhowl

wizardhowl Active Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I was leaning more towards fixed at 100% with a set higher cost. It doesn't really feel like something you need to gamble on IMHO. I think it's more of an issue for those of us who've paid for VIP, though.

12. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Can anyone tell me if the game ever gets difficult? I have enjoyed playing through to level 40 so far, and only a few of the levels have provided any sort of challenge. Even level 40 was about as simple as you can get, so I would expect more 40 levels in. I am on the fence about unlocking the timer because if the difficulty doesn't ramp up significantly I am not in a hurry to play for long stretches.

13. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I answered my own question, the difficulty does start to increase as you move up in to the high 40s and 50s. I ended up uninstalling because the way the monitized the game is crap. There are 25 levels that you have to pay 2 bucks to unlock or get "help" from 3 people on Facebook. So just to get all of the levels and remove the timers you are looking at 9 bucks, which puts this game at a price point with much better, more expansive games like xcom, grim fandango, etc. It is definitely not worth that cost. The timers are annoying and if you don't use Facebook you can pony up 2 bucks for 25 levels, or just not have them. Good luck with this one HB, I doubt I will install anymore of your new games if this is your plan for making money going forward.

14. nimiety

nimiety Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Military - USAF
    So the game has started lagging on me really badly. It started around infinite level 375. Now it is near impossible to play and I can't figure out what could be causing it. I have made sure there is plenty of memory and hardly anything running in the background. I'm running it on an iPhone 4s. Any suggestions?

15. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Here r sum tips: wait a few mins to see 5+ coins appear on the map. For the anniversary perks i used Grassy Woods lvl #18- Keys to the city. Roary iz @ lvl 5 in his cool Pineapple Suit

16. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Roary's Roar

Attached Files: