Beast Boxing 3D - (wip)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by getluky, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. getluky

getluky Well-Known Member

Updated the OP with new video, screenshots, and info! We're getting very close to final build now and it's time to start the pre-release hype!

BTW, we have an idea of how to price this game, but I would love to hear from TA users what you'd spend on a game like this, especially considering the price of other similar games on the App Store. If you need more details then just ask. We'll be sure to take any of your thoughts into consideration when doing the final planning!

2. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    WOW NICEEE
    Can you send me a copy so ill review it on the blog down hereVV

3. getluky

Hey iDRevolution, sure, I can get you a review copy when we've got a final build. :) PM me your details and i'll add them to our list. Does it matter if it's English only?

4. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    No thats fine :)

5. getluky

The game's final now and should be out soon! I updated the OP with an official trailer and some screenshots of the final version, so please take a look!

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  7. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Nice

Looks good, when's it hitting the app store?

8. getluky

@arta: We have plans for a new game mode with a future update, and would love to offer some additional DLC-style opponents! It all depends on how sales go, especially since we're self-publishing. Each of the 9 characters has unique behavior that further differs between difficulty levels, so there's plenty of challenge!

@Derochea72: Very soon (hopefully sometime this week, or next)! I'm waiting on the Lite version to get approved so that we can launch simultaneously. We're actually taking a bit of a risk and offering a third of the characters to give our potential customers a pretty complete taste of the game on the easier opponents.

9. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    the game looks really good have to check it out when it hits

10. Mr Jack

Mr Jack Well-Known Member

So.... how do the controls work?

11. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Online/Local multiplayer? Pricing? The in-game graphics look sweet, I'm definitely interested.

12. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Very smart to time the lite and full versions to hit the AppStore at the same time. And I don't think you're really taking a risk by offering a significant amount of content away in the lite - some of the most successful apps err on the side of giving a generous amount of content away.

Good luck!

13. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    This looks phenomenal! Graphics are great, I like the parallax effect with the ring against the background.

Can't wait to try the Lite version-

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    This looks really good! Can't wait to pick it up asap! Will be keeping an eye out for this one!!

15. getluky

Here ya go:

Attack:
    * Tap to jab (quick, low dmg, low stamina)
    * Swipe sideways to hook (slightly slower, medium damage, medium stamina)
    * Swipe upwards to uppercut (slowest, high damage, tons of stamina)

Defense:
    * Touch and hold 2 fingers to block
    * Tilt left and right to move around the ring (worked better than dodging)

Powerups:
    * Press a powerup button - if you buy a powerup, you get one use per round

No multiplayer - we focused on a good single player experience instead, but would love to revisit that sometime in the future if we can. Full version will launch on sale at $2.99. Thanks!

Hope so, and thanks for the encouragement. :)

Thanks! We actually really enhanced that effect by having the head tilt slightly when you move around the ring. It's one of many tiny changes we've made during development that got us a lot of bang for the coding buck. Hope you like the Lite version and feel free to ping me with honest feedback if you try it but have concerns about springing for the full version! We want people to upgrade, but if they don't, we'd be really interested in hearing why. :)

16. getluky

@redribbon, Don't worry, we definitely care about rewarding paying customers for buying the full version and will most likely have a new game mode soon for people who exhaust the Career mode at Hardcore difficulty and want more stuff to do. We may choose to do paid DLC at some point to help out with the cost of creating new content, but it'll be optional and we aren't launching with any. We would love to support iPad and retina resolutions, but 3D is a totally different ballgame than prerendered 2D like Pocket Boxing Legends, and it takes time to develop, optimize, and test. We'd rather put the game into your hands earlier rather than later. As you can probably tell, we're just like any other independent developers in that a lot of future plans depend directly on how sales go. :)

The full game as it stands is complete, no DLC required, and I can personally confirm that it is still fun on iPhone 4 and upscaled on my iPad. :D

17. EFC

EFC Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Game Developer