Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I started liking this game once I discovered the option to tone down the visuals. LOL. Otherwise it is just WAY too flashy, which I mean literally. Once I changed the visuals to 50% I started having fun. I love all the perks there are to unlock and upgrade.

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Dang, the game already went free!? That was fast! I guess I can't really hate on a dev for trying to maximize sales, especially since I know that every week I buy a game, it'll prolly be on sale a week later.

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sorry - I mixed this up with another game. The Visualizer was free, but I paid for this one. It was by checking out the Beat Hazard Music Visualizer that I got interested in this one. Sorry for the confusion.

4. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Ah, ok! No problem!

With how well it appears to be doing, I would've actually been mildly surprised.

5. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #265 GoofyJmaster., Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    Played the Xbox version today. I have to admit that I wasn't a fan.

The iOS version is definitely better.

I actually had to mess up the TV settings just to enjoy because the light effects were super dull.

Anyways, I was playing co-op on it, which did make the experience better. Hopefully, that comes to ios in the future, but I don't know how it'd work with online play. Also, if it comes to ios, you need to make the ships appear more different from each other.

Edit
    I do like the vibration part on the Xbox. It seems like the controler matches the beat pretty well.

6. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The only way to play this game is with the visuals maxed up to 200% Yes!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    this.

8. shafdogg

shafdogg Member

Feb 12, 2012
    The visuals can get crazy even at 100%. I tend to play at this level, but I also play the PS3 version at 200% display on a 42" Vizio LED TV.

Haven't played the Xbox edition in more than a year; plus there's a Tempest-remake called Space Giraffe that has trippier visuals.

9. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #269 GoofyJmaster., Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
    Xbox version sucks compared to the iOS one. It's only true saving grace was co-op. The controller vibration was pretty cool too.

I had to adjust my friends TV settings and actually distort the picture because of how boring the gameplay was. It's also missing a ton of stuff from the iOS version. At least, I didn't see things from the iOS version in it, within the amount time we played.

There is momentum on the Xbox version, but i really don't think it would translate well to the small screen. Maybe it'd work better on the iPad.

Anyway, the main reason i quoted you was to ask a question. Does the PS3 version have a visual intensity setting? Or were are you talking about your TV's intensity? The reason I ask is because we couldn't find a setting, hence my having to distort the quality.

Edit:
    My overall assumption is that the Xbox version just hasn't been updated with the new stuff. It also seems to have been a flop on XBLA...IDK.

I'll tell my friend to check out Space Giraffe.

10. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Is there a problem with some of the leaderboards. I have gotten better scores then the ones listed for me on them. For instance my 6-7 min song has 2 million points, even though I scored 7 million on pursuit of happiness. Also my under 3 minutes should be 7 million and its only listed as 5.4.

11. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Damn it, I missed out on the introductory sale. With only £0.76 left on my iTunes account I'm gutted to say the least :(

12. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I love this game, but one thing I find really REALLY annoying is how it starts randomly playing music from my iTunes library the moment I start the app. I don't want some random track blaring full volume the second I open the app, which forces me to immediately turn the volume down/off or search for another song to shut the current one up. I want to be able to choose my track before anything starts blaring at me automatically. Every time I start this game I am annoyed by this, which is unfortunate since the game is awesome otherwise.

13. shafdogg

shafdogg Member

Feb 12, 2012
    To answer your question, the PS3 version does have a visual intensity setting; it ranges from 50% to 200%.

14. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    The developers of this game should get stock options in Itunes! I have purchased several albums in order to play them in this game - some dance mixes, techno. Falco (Rock Me Amadeus and Vienna Calling) were pretty intense in Boss Rush so I just got their Greatest hits to see how those songs played too. What will happen to all my other lonely games if I am only playing this one! ;)

15. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Why hasn't this game been reviewed by AppSpy? :confused:

Btw, I just noticed that an update came out last night ;)

16. DelBoy2181

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Anybody know when there might be another sale? One would've thought that the recent sale would've lasted till the end of the weekend like the current GTA sale.

17. qcnt01

qcnt01 New Member

Feb 19, 2012
    up cho bác, c?m on b?n vì thông tin h?u Ã#ch :D

18. shafdogg

shafdogg Member

Feb 12, 2012
    One of the changes I've noticed makes it easier to grab the pick-ups. Instead of appearing outside the screen and slowly drifting in, you'll find them at the edge of the screen even if the enemy is still mostly off-screen.

19. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    My biggest qualm is still the controls :/...

20. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    What about the controls? There are options to change them.