Universal Beat Hazard Ultra (by Cold Beam Games Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #141 GoofyJmaster., Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    Haha...you caught me before I went to bed, so hopefully this is coherent.

I guess if you only play a couple of rounds and super boost your score then it'll prolly take a person longer than they would want.

I'm at 10 million points and I think I only have like 10 left. Even if you do hit a level wall, it should be cushioned by the fact that you have to upgrade your perks to the next level. So by time you have enough money, you prolly got a new perk.

For me a perfect 8 minute round on hardcore with lvl 3 chart topper, lvl 4 multiplier rain, lvl 2 score booster, and lvl 1 goodie bag nets me around 2.5 million points. You can also add in daredevil and survival multipliers.

Remember that:
    chart topper has 5 levels
    the devil pays well has 8 levels
    multiplier rain has 7 levels
    score booster has 5 levels
    spawn more multipliers has 5 levels
    goodie bag has 5 levels
    pump up the VOL has 5 levels
    POW POW POW has 5 levels

All of these should add to your overall score each time you level them up.

Also, add in what the game randomly generates on it's own, you can increase your time length up to 60 mins, you can go up to suicide difficulty, and you can pick a song that heavier/faster frequencies.

I really think that most people should be fine unless the're going for the #1 spot in their first couple of playthroughs.

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    For each rank before Elite is about 1-3 mil of track scores to upgrade. After you reach the elite, it is an endless rank of Elite 1 to ∼, and each upgrade needs 10 mil track scores.
    So you can unlock easily each perks after every play of Boss Rush which of course always has >10 mil scores.

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Only 10 mil! Yeah, that is pretty easy then.

On standard hardcore I have over a hour of play time logged with 6 more ranks until Elite. I have 10 more perks to go.

Kinda seems like a bit of the challenge is taken away if it's capped at 10 mil after you reach elite.

4. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    My highest score is 25.5mil and the only score perk i have is +7 dare devil enabled. I have a rank of Elite 8

5. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Finally was able to play this, had to remove all of my music as this game doesn't seem to support the format mine is in (m4a) but played a few rounds with the preinstalled songs, pretty fun game (one controls are fixed in place, not floating) and the graphics are just crazy. Would imagine it would be even better picking my own songs...Guess I'll have to hope the dev picks up my e-mail and does something about that.

Also, built for icontrolpad dual nubs, really hope they give support for that a try.

6. RCranium666

RCranium666 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Wtf is the way to gtf out of the unlock perks screen? I'm stuck there and need to shut off the game to restart it. I reinstalled with no change.

7. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Suicidal is freaking amazing! My first game I played Jom Guthrie's Com64 and it was insane. Also no lives lost :cool:.

8. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    Hi all,

The developer here again. Great to see everyone is having fun. I'm reading all the posts and making notes.

Just to let you know I'll do an update soon but the first one will be to fix a few bugs and address some issues (like an icon telling you how to scroll the menu!) I want to get that out asap to help players with problems.

After that I'll be looking more at an update for features and gameplay tweaks. I'll be back to ask more detailed questions.

Sorry I can't post more but things here are pretty crazy atm! :D

9. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #149 tops2, Feb 11, 2012
    Dumb question..did you unlock a perk? There's a few perks that has a prerequisite perks you need to unlock first (ie: more missiles perk requires missiles perk to be unlocked first). Otherwise as someone else suggested, use the in game link to report the problem as the dev sound responsive.

About unlocking perks, as I mentioned, took me slightly over 3 hours and I unlocked all the perks. I think I'm almost elite 12 rank right now. The fastest way to level up for me is the boss rush. The slowest way for
    My playing style is survival mode. I was just playing the game for fun and at no point did I personally feel like I was "grinding".

10. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    Re perk unlock:

Scroll down until a red one is highlighted, then tap on it. That should do the trick.

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #151 tops2, Feb 11, 2012
    Congrats on the game! I hope it cracks top 10..or top 5! It's sitting at ~36 currently on my charts. =D
    If you don't mind feeling even better, in the weekly game of the week thread in the general discussions forum here, a lot of people have nominated this game. Voting hasn't started..but here's to hoping it wins. =D

Edit: Am about to purchase the gold ship just for fun..but got a question about whether after purchasing the gold ship, you still have the option to switch back and forth between the 2 ships?

12. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Kill everybody by skrillex works Well on this. Especially with its bass and drops :p

13. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Woot..Just beat one track on Suicide! Granted, it was "All I have to Dream" from The Everly Brothers. =P
    Made very liberal use of all the weapons. And I probably had no lives left. Feels good! =D

14. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    specially in Insane and Suicide ._.

but i think playing songs by him will give me epilepsy for sure xD

i always end up with my eyes hurting after playing songs from him xD

15. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Great game! I'll never get bored of playing this one. However, I would love it if you could choose specific tracks from your library instead of playing random songs.

16. Starg - Cold Beam Games

Feb 10, 2012
    You can. Select 'Play' instead of 'Quick play' and set the type to 'Select from a list'. You can then choose any track you want! :)

17. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to maybe set up a playlist that can play through. This would mean good tracks for survival as I have plenty of music that doesnt suit the game at all. Also then you could quickly move between single games.

18. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I thought the tracks were random after your first selection? I was referring to survival mode.

19. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I bought the gold ship just to support the dev, but it's actually pretty cool! It has a different design (obviously) and has beams of light emitting from it to the beat i Presume. Adds perfectly to the light show! :D

20. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Can you switch back to the old ship if you wanted?