Beat Hazard Ultra --> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iND, Mar 5, 2012.

1. freestyle

freestyle Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    The shit thing of Broken Sword 2 happens again, almost the same. 'We make a limited time sale, hurry up, dont miss it! ', then after just few days they made it free.

It's not a problem of one buck of two, it's about credit. How could people have faith in them after a deception?

2. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Where is the deception?

It was one price, for a limited time, then another price. So that price happened to be free, doesn't mean they deceived you about anything.

Besides, more people playing means a better likelihood for future updates.

All this complaining over a $1 or $2 is pretty silly. You should be enjoying the game, it's worth it.

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, glad it went free, as it's given me an opportunity to try it out. As I expected, I don't care for the controls. The visuals are really cool, as is the mechanic to use your own tunes as the defining rhythm of gameplay. I would have been disappointed had I paid for this game, though, and once again, hype has run off the rails.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #24 awp69, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    I used to hate when games went free fairly soon after release, but I don't get as bothered by it any more. If the game was aweful or was like $5, then I might be a bit upset that I "wasted" my money on it before it went free.

But if a dev is struggling to get noticed and does this for a day or two to help "spread the word", then all the power to them. It's a fantastic game that deserves to be a hit. And I'd like to keep the devs fed so that maybe they'll do some updates or work on another fun game.

It's unfortunate that the AppStore is so big and difficult to make money in. And it's difficult to know what will "stick". I'm sure the Angry Birds devs never knew they'd be millionares. But for every successfull app there's probably thousands that don't even pay for themselves.

..oh..and I'm sure the vast majority of us have taken advantage of other sales or freebies...you win some and you lose some.

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I paid the release night tax like many others, and it was entirely worth it. Personally, I'm just glad to see everyone who hadn't bought it yet or wasn't sure about the music-based gameplay get a chance to try this out and enjoy it, and for the dev to hopefully climb the charts and get more attention. :)

6. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    The game was honestly worth the 99 cents I paid for it originally, even the $2.99 it was at it's peak. At the free level, it shouldn't be missed period.

7. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Free again. Enjoy ;)