Beaterator: Upcoming game from Rockstar and Timbaland

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jecebn, Aug 31, 2009.

1. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    But you have to keep in mind that it is Rockstar, so it could be more perfected than the ones we've seen before. To be honest, I think the best price for Beatorater is $6.99 to $7.99. And the best price for Chinatwon Wars would be $14.99 to $19.99 (maybe a bit higher if it's the PSP version). It may make some PSP fans or even DS fans mad, but they'll get over it.

2. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Still...

Still, Rockstar has to respect the fact that it's still just a beatmaker. It's not really innovative, save for the vocal recording. Okay, fine, maybe $6, any higher than that, and there's no way I'm getting it.

3. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    #23 Pug4Death, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
    Yes, expect it be under $10, especially if you consider the fact that the PSP version retails for $36+...:rolleyes:

4. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    something else that could factor into the price is whether or not the iphone editions of said titles will be gimped in comparison to their other portable editions. if they're complete ports, i'll be shocked if they release both for less than 19.99. shocked and damn well pleased! :)

5. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Looks really cool, curious to see how it's ported to the iPhone. Sure, it might be just a beat maker, but at least on the PSP the interface seems very intuitive. Beatmaker is a great app, but I find the interface to be a bit fractured. Let's not forget that Beatmaker was (still is?) a $20 app.

I hope Rockstar releases full ports of these titles and I think if they charge in the $20-$30 range, it would start a good trend in the app store. If big name developers like Rockstar come bursting into the appstore pricing their titles at $10 and under, it will be another nail in the coffin for indie developers. The more big devs start charging, the easier it will be for niche indie games to get noticed with lower prices.